Says He's on Board - But seems reluctant - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you all, I prayed about this, slept on it, let him sleep on it and today at church our sermon was on something similar / related and we talked about it after church and now we're on the same page. PRAISE GOD! ONLY GOD CAN DO THIS, not me, not me trying to MAKe him. I feel so much better!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my hubby now knows that theres only so much money in the budget for extras that includes running extra errands and using gas when we need it for every day /school.If u do the envelopes with so much in each and explain out to him that's what we can spend > hubby has so much change(week) left in his truck for coffee etc and when its gone, that's it.
    I do the same so much extra change left for each week, I decide which days and whether Im going out with friends that week etc, I dont feel anymore Im always out of money, what ifs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tallked some more to my pastor and his wife last night DH and I obviously have communication barrier and they suggested I give him the budget responsibilities, helping him with the math since he says he's NOT good at math.

WE probably need more than this, such as counseling but right now hubs doesnt' even see a problem and I have to take one step at a time.

Please pray for us.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by adavant View Post
    Tallked some more to my pastor and his wife last night
    DH and I obviously have communication barrier and they suggested I give him the budget responsibilities, helping him with the math since he says he's NOT good at math.
    WE probably need more than this, such as counseling but right now hubs doesnt' even see a problem and I have to take one step at a time.
    If your hubby has problems with spending, I don't understand why the pastor and wife thinks he should do the budget.
    Maybe you could draw up a plan. Set down with the hubby and go over it. Commit to a month. Then go over it again. Tweak it if necessary. Try it again for another month. Sooner or later, it will all come together, but it does take effort.

If my hubby was to do our budget, we would not have what we have today. And he will be the first to tell you this.
    If something happens to me, somebody looking at our budget in my little book, would not believe that we are making it on what we have coming in. There are days, I wonder in amazement myself.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ladytoysdream View Post
    Maybe you could draw up a plan. Set down with the hubby and go over it. Commit to a month. Then go over it again. Tweak it if necessary. Try it again for another month. Sooner or later, it will all come together, but it does take effort.

I agree 100%. and it also takes some patience.

Taking the FPU courses are a great start but it still takes time for things to get rolling. You will not see immediate results.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am very much like your hubby. I blow cash, but think twice about using my debit card. How about a check register? Your hubby can record his purchases as he make them. Then he will always know how much money he has for his blow money. It can be a small form he can keep in his bilfold with his debit card. It doesn't even have to show where he spent the money just when and how much.

Kim

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234