I think he's caving . . .
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I think he's caving . . .

I think my husband is caving. I'm going really intense on trying to budget, use envelopes, get out of debt and for once he hasn't asked to eat out, refused taking my children to McDonalds on the way home from the grocery store yesterday (which normally he would have been all for) and refused to pick up a biscuit on the way to church this morning. I'm so proud. Maybe he is caving?
    Last edited by adavant; 03-07-2010 at 12:14 PM.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go. Be sure to thank him and show him you appreciate the effort. It's the small steps and talking about them that I find is getting my wife on board.

Very happy for you Alyssa.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow Alyssa, That's great news!

One of the things that helps us to stick with that is to bring drinks and snacks along on even small trips. Heck, I've been known to pack a cooler if I knew we were going to be a few hours. I've packed it with things like sandwiches and fruit, maybe a dessert, but I've also done cold platters. If it's cold we'll eat in the car, if not we find a sunny spot

I have always used mason jars for the iced tea, but just recently I stopped by the dollar store and they had Rubbermaid water bottles! I have a basket that I have filled with homemade snack bags and cereal samples, I just grab a few for quick trips.