How about gifts on a spoon or stir ins?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How about gifts on a spoon or stir ins?

Gifts in a jar are great. I am wondering if anyone has ever made gifts on a spoon or stir ins. I've seen mixes/spices or even chocolate that are neatly packaged on plastic spoons and then you stir them into beverages such as coffee, tea, or cider. Any ideas on how to make them?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No but it sounds interesting. I did attend a bridal shower once that was a spice shower - where the gifts were themed to be a spice or herb and a recipe that uses it. I thought it was one of the most unusual and fun showers I've been to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope this helps http://frugalliving.about.com/od/doi...late_Spoon.htm

This past Christmas, I received pretzel rods dipped in chocolate from one of my scouts. It was a great idea and it meant more to me than the other gifts because it was homemade.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've heard about the chocolate covered spoons and have been meaning to make them the past two Christmass's to give to the neighbors, but just never have. They'll have to go on my for sure list this Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I've made the chocolate spoons. At a party store I bought some gold colored plastic spoons. Melt a good chocolate and just dip in the spoon. Let the bowl of the spoon be filled. Set on waxed paper or parchment to dry. I tied a gold ribbon around the spoon. I made them with dark chocolate, white chocolate and milk chocolate, and put a collection of several spoons into a box to give as a gift. I included a small package of gourmet coffee with it.

I've also seen the spoons dipped into chocolate and then just rimmed with chopped nuts or sprinkles. I don't think would be too good for coffee, but could be yummy just to eat!
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a cool idea. I think I'll have to add this to my stuff to make for Christmas this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ive made em with a regular metal spoon, coated the spoon with candy (like you dip an apple into for candy appl;es) and dipped that into crushed peppermint candy. then I packaged them and gave with teas and cocoas. Going to do that again this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did various mixes like ranch dressing, chai tea, etc. . . . put in individual sized portions, wrapped them in foil, put the foil pouches on a colored spoon, wrapped the bowl portion of the spoon (with the mix) in color cellophane, tied it with a ribbon and added a tag with directions. I gave these to my co-workers, as grab a gift at my door as guests left during the holiday season, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another neat........but old post that I have missed......

Quote Originally Posted by forHISglory View Post
    I've made the chocolate spoons. At a party store I bought some gold colored plastic spoons. Melt a good chocolate and just dip in the spoon. Let the bowl of the spoon be filled. Set on waxed paper or parchment to dry. I tied a gold ribbon around the spoon. I made them with dark chocolate, white chocolate and milk chocolate, and put a collection of several spoons into a box to give as a gift. I included a small package of gourmet coffee with it.

I've also seen the spoons dipped into chocolate and then just rimmed with chopped nuts or sprinkles. I don't think would be too good for coffee, but could be yummy just to eat!
    This is a neat idea..........thanks for posting it......over two years ago....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have made them with white, dark. milk and a few marble . I will sometimes add few drops of peppermint extract directly in with the chocolate as well as adding crushed peppermint on top or chocolate sprinkles or an other colored sprinkles work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My sister made the chocolate spoons as table favors at her wedding. Very few people knew what to do with them, and once they did know, even fewer took them home to use. It's not something I would ever give.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is a great stocking stuffer idea!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My friend used to always make these for Christmas and she'd give us some...they're great for hot chocolate!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it's Andes that has peppermint chips or pieces - that are white and red. I melt half of them in a man, dip the spoons, then sprinkle with some of the unmelted pieces. They are good for adding a minty flavor to hot chocolate. With chocolate spoons, I don't know what you'd do with them if you're not a coffee drinker. You can also tie the minty spoons to a package of hot chocolate, or put them in a cub with hot chocolate. Everyone I made them for thought they were really neat. When I was done I tied two spoons together with plastic wrap and tied a ribbon around them.

I'm thinking with the chocolate spoons, you could add cinnamon so someone would have cinnamon hot chocolate. Or dip spoons in melted butterscotch chips so you'd have butterscotch hot chocolate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    I think it's Andes that has peppermint chips or pieces - that are white and red. I melt half of them in a man, dip the spoons,
    tee hee, this made me giggle..

But I knew what you meant. sounds yum! especially the butterscotch idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast