2015 20 Wishes Challenge
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 2015 20 Wishes Challenge

ANOTHER one that had interest to restart. Map out your goals and support one another in achieving them. This will be in any and all areas that you wish to improve. (organization, debt reduction, saving, menu planning, pantry and stockpiling, project completion, etc)

Stay motivated this year with reminders, encouragement, support, and inspiration.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've spent the last few days reading through old 20 Wishes threads in an attempt to get an idea of what kinds of things I want to put on my list. This is not an easy process. It's funny how simple it is to come up with money goals compared to life goals.
    Working toward providing a debt free college education for our child.

I being a college mom!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WOW- 20 Wishes for 2015- I can't follow through with one resolution a year... But I it doesn't hurt to set goals for myself.
    In no particular order - hoping challenges motivate me to follow through with some of these. Here are 5 of them.

1) Detox from caffeine, concentrated sweets and artificial sweeteners. Make water my beverage of choice- 64 oz. a day goal.
    2) Exercise 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week. Core strengthening, and moderate intensity aerobic.
    3) Get blood cholesterol to normal- Oatmeal, flax seed, vegies sauteed in olive oil, tuna/salmon, nuts.
    4) Try healthy recipes and put my favorites in homemade cookbook for my daughter for Christmas gift next year.
    5) Plan/save for dream vacation/tour. For now I'm thinking an Alaska nature/photo tour. DH has set aside $5000 for this already.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

6) Read the couple dozen books I have on the book shelf. 1 spiritual and one other.
    7) Extra payments to home equity loan to equal 1 extra payment a year.
    8) Repair/paint bedroom ceiling.
    9) Develop a more personal relationship with God by spending daily time in prayer and gratitude.
    10) Plan ahead for events, holidays, travel to avoid unnecessary spending and stress from rushing.
    11) Continue my new hobby of photography (especially nature) which I enjoy- make gifts from the prints for Christmas.
    12) Plan quality time with my children and parents. Goal - twice a week.
    13) Give myself an "allowance" for entertainment/out to eat spending each pay check. Goal - stay within the budget.
    14) Deep clean, organize the house. Goal one room per month.
    15) Random act of kindness by sharing time, talent or treasure one time a month.
    ---That's it for me 15 Wishes for 2015---

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have mine and will post my list later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

posted my goals in my signature space to remind myself daily of what I need to work on. I have another goal to add- 45 minute/day limit on computer.

Registered User Rebecca Blodgett's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, just came up with mine. I'm planning on doing quite a few other challenges here, so this list is has mostly concrete goals instead of habit-based ones.

1. Come Up with Enrollment Deposit
    I need to send the college I've decided to go to $150 by May 1st in order to enroll and start school in the fall.

2. Pay Self-Employment Taxes
    I'm probably going to owe around $600 this year, and I really want to be able to pay it on time without having to borrow anything.

3. Read the Whole Bible
    I've never read the whole Bible before, and I feel like I should have done this a long time ago.

4. Pass Two CLEP Tests
    By taking a couple CLEP tests over the summer before school starts, I'll be able to take a lighter course load and save over $1,000 on tuition my freshman year.

5. Complete Up to and Including Pre-Calculus on Khan Academy
    I want to be able to test into Calculus for my first semester, but I'm pretty rusty on my math skills, so I want to relearn everything up to and including pre-calculus before I take my math placement test.

6. Get to a Healthy Weight
    I need to gain about 10 pounds to have a "normal" BMI, and gaining a little less than a pound a month definitely seems doable.

7. Earn a 3.5 GPA for My First Semester
    I need at least a 3.0 to keep my scholarship and a 3.3 in order to stay in the Honors College, but I have a slightly higher goal because I'm considering graduate school after I get my bachelor's degree.

8. Start a Personal Recipe Book
    I want to put at least 52 recipes in this - one per week, on average - so that I have a bunch of recipes in one place that I know I like and normally have the ingredients for.

9. Write to Correspondence Kids Every Month
    I have one child that I write to, and I might have another by the time the New Year starts. I don't sponsor any children myself, but I write to them when their sponsors can't or don't want to so that the kids can get letters like the other children in their village/program. Every month is just an average - I'll consider this done if I write to each child 12 times throughout the year (for children that I've been writing to all year anyway - if I start writing to someone in July, for instance, I'll only need to write 6 times).

10. Volunteer an Hour Each Week
    It's not much, but it would be an hour more per week than I'm doing now, so I want to log 52 hours by the end of the year.

11. Join a Club in College
    I never did this in high school, so this is a new thing for me and I also think it would be good for me to be involved in something.

12. Clean Up Emails
    This means consolidating my email accounts and going through all of the mail that I have - including spam mail.

13. Learn How to Pronounce and/or Learn the Meaning of 100 New Words
    I'm including pronunciation since I'm absolutely horrible at pronouncing words - I usually read in my head and don't watch TV or listen to audio books much, so that may be why.

14. Complete the Couch-to-5K Program
    I've never enjoyed running, but I figure that might just be because of the fact that I feel like dying after the first 10 steps - maybe if I trained and could actually breathe it would be more fun.

15. Implement the Getting Things Done Method
    I do better with goals when I have a system, and I've heard good things about this one.

16. Fill Up a Journal
    I've only ever written a few pages in a journal before quitting, so I think it would be nice to actually fill up a whole journal for once.

17. Take a Sociology Course Online
    I took an Introduction to Sociology course a couple of years ago, but I was lazy and didn't actually learn anything (how I managed to get a good grade, I have no idea). I don't want to pay to retake it, but it would be interesting to retake it online on Saylor just for fun.

18. Learn a Song Per Week
    I love singing, but I don't know many songs, so I'd like to learn the lyrics to 52 songs this year.

19. Buy an iPod Touch
    I have a laptop, but I don't have a phone or portable music player or anything that lets me use Apple apps. I figure an iPod touch will let me use apps but is small enough to use as a music player, so it's the best of both worlds.

20. Learn All the Songs in Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Level One Lesson Book
    I used to play the piano when I was younger, and I'd like to get into it again. I want to learn the songs good enough so that I can play them without looking at the book.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in again. This challenge keeps me focused.

20 Wishes 2015

Business
    1. Work on my rug hooking/art business daily
    2. Sketch daily
    3. Hook daily
    4. Get caught up on reading magazines
    5. Art journal magazines, if required
    6. Update my rug hooking portfolio.
    7. Develop a support group for my business.

House
    8. Purge sewing room
    9. Renovate dining room, including replacing window - $10,000 (need to deal with asbestos wrapped air ducts and knob and tube wiring.
    10. Window covering for kitchen window.
    11. Refinish hardwood floors on main floor of house.

Personal
    12. Make a list of projects to finish in 2015

Frugal
    13. Grow a healthy patio garden.
    14. Christmas fund to $960 ($80/mth.)
    15. Make most of my gifts (If I pull off making gifts, then the above can be used for travel of one of the kids home, or one of us down to visit them.)

Health
    16. Exercise at least 3 times a week for an hour.
    17. Take a class in something.
    18. Read one book a month.
    19. Read Bible daily
    20. Walk daily.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Baby steps...

8. Purge sewing room - got up there last night and sorted through projects. Found about 3/4 of them could be tossed or given away. Only went through one box in the closet though. Next I'm debating how to deal with the sewing and quilting supplies. I don't plan on quilting anymore. But the fabric is too gorgeous to throw away or even to just give away. I am making a list of all the projects I want to do first, and putting the supplies and materials for each project in a plastic zippered bag. Will move forward from there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here is my list for 2015:
    1. Organize office.
    2. Organize photos.
    3. Create cleaning schedule that works.
    4. Exercise at least 3 days per week.
    5. Plan a family vacation.
    6. Read 26 books (fiction).
    7. Organize garage.
    8. Have one year college tuition in order for DD.
    9. Make cooking at home fun. I don't want to view it as a dreadful chore.
    10. Only eat out for special occasions.
    11. Read 6 finance books.
    12. Read 6 health/fitness books.
    13. 365 day declutter challenge.
    14. Plan holidays well in advance to avoid stress.
    15. Take better care of myself. Make time for home manicures/pedicures, home facials, hair cut every 6 weeks, etc.
    16. Do something fun with the family at least once a week. Movie night, board game night, visit a museum, etc.
    17. Add yoga/stretching into routine.
    18. Go to sleep earlier, wake up earlier.
    19. Learn how to garden/landscape.
    20. Get the house painted, both inside and outside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My goals for 2015

1. Read 6 books. I'm a slow reader and in the past I've attempted 12 and fall short and feel guilty. I'm setting the bar lower this year.

2. Lisen to 6 audiobooks

3. Save 1000.00 in EF fund. I have 1k now and want to double that.

4. Complete 2 cross stitch projects. The first one I'm going to do is a pretty big one and it's a gift for next Christmas. I'm going to do a stitching rotation this year which I've never done. I normally work on one project at a time.

5. Learn French. I have a free app that I've been playing with. I took 2 yrs in high school but that was a million years ago.

6. Complete the Whole 30 program. It's 30 days of whole foods, no sugar, no grains etc ect.

7. Complete Tony Robbins program. I have never finished this. I've had a ton of starts but never finished.

8. Stay debt free.

9. Lose 35 lbs

10. Watch 25 movies from my collection. I have a lot of movies that just sit there...I'm going to go through them and if I don't want to watch them then donate them.

11. Put book plates in all my books.

12. Try 2 new recipes a month

13. Donate to the local food pantry once a month

14. Attend church min of twice a month

15. Go out to dinner/breakfast with my son and Mom once a month

16. Finish the other half of the Bible that I started 2 yrs ago.

17. Crochet my boyfriend a lapghan for next Christmas

18. Do something special for my boyfriend once a month

19. Keep in touch with my two best friends, socially and in person.

20 Pamper myself once a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I was reluctant at first, but did decide to give it a try. 20 just seemed like a very high amount to come up with, so I broke it into pieces. Yes, maybe it is going easy on myself, but I tried being hard for myself and it didn't work out the way I planned. My number one goal for next year is buying a house. Of course this involves a lot of financial stuff, but also quite some practical work.

Financial house goals:
    1. Save up money for the loan insurance money.
    2. Save up money for the 'other costs' or pay them on the go.
    3. Save up money for the notary.
    4. Save up money for cancellation of the rent.

House goals:
    5. Go to 2 different banks and get a quote for the loan I want. 2 Different ones so I can compare and have an idea if going to more of them is a good idea.
    6. Go to visit some for sale houses with my mum. Because of my age (I ll be 27 in March) I have no experience with househunting other than the appartement I currently live in. Getting some extra help would be nice and my mum is looking forward to it.
    7. Look up what the other steps are in the selling process, currently I don't actually know...

Moving goals:
    8. Clean up the appartement and do what needs to be done to return the keys (most probably painting)
    9. Discuss with my landlord how to deal with my ex being on the lease and the security deposit.
    10. Become part of the renters union.
    11. Contact a moving company.
    12. Move as much stuff as I can by car.
    13. Decide what to do with the couch and the bed. I don't sleep well on the bed at all, so I d like to see it go, but might keep it for in the spare room till replacing it.

Life goals:
    14. Buy a guitar.
    15. Learn to play the guitar.

More to follow...

2015 is going to be a busy year for me with the moving, we will see how much more I ll be able to do

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gave away the half finished projects and kits I did not want. They went to a good place...a lady who is going to distribute them throughout her community.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

8) Fix , repair bedroom ceiling. DH spoke to the guys who put new shingles on our roof last year. During a very windy, heavy rain storm a few months back we had water drip from our ceiling fan and a water stain developed on the ceiling. They came and diagnosed the problem (structural problem with the way the roof lines meet) not a shingle problem. But he came and thinks he fixed the problem for us and is coming back to paint the ceiling. He checked the attic for any signs of mold on ceiling tile or insulation and luckily was none. He insists on doing this all for free! We are pleasantly surprised.
    15) random act of kindness, picked up a man who's car had stalled and he was walking on the side of the highway to get to a gas station. He was late for work and miscalculated the amount of gas he had in his tank. Husband was with me, it was very cold outside, this young man very thankful for our help.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to join this.....started a list a few weeks ago and need to finish it. Will post later.....

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast