2019 20 Wishes Challenge
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 2019 20 Wishes Challenge

Map out your goals and support one another in achieving them. This will be in any and all areas that you wish to improve. (organization, debt reduction, saving, menu planning, pantry and stockpiling, project completion, etc)

Stay motivated this year with reminders, encouragement, support, and inspiration.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well my main goal is removing negativity in my life and focus on my family and house. start of new things and end of the old.

had been wanting to stop demo work and that company is closing. don't want to work for the new one. so that was easy.

switch volunteer jobs come september.

My friend and I are going to start exercising together

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- I agree about negativity. I hope you're able to distance yourself from it ! Will you be walking with your friend? DH and I used to work out together a lot, but since working more, we only do that once or twice a week. He's complained that we don't do that much anymore and I feel badly as we had such a nice time.

I have a few main goals- eat a bit better and try to curb those cravings! I have no willpower and it's been difficult. I did buy a new exercise bike and treadmill and I use them all the time, but those cravings still call to me...…

I would like to decrease my hours at work, which would then increase my medical costs. But I'd get more sleep and work out with DH..... It's definitely a goal of mine but it won't happen immediately. I'll keep plugging along for now....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My 20 wishes list includes getting the ceiling put in the garage and insulating it. We bought most of the stuff for that years ago, just haven't done it yet. But Husby is retiring next month and that project is high on the priority list.

The first project will be the master bathroom, though. It's still winter here in mid March, so the bathroom will be a good indoor project that has also been waiting a long time to be completed. I'm hoping we can wrap that up before we have to start in the garage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Finish saving up enough for a good new to us vehicle. Want to pay cash. We'll see.

2. New hot water heater. This one is leaking and is old. Last year needed a new dish washer and was able to do $250 from Swag Bucks and rest cash. Hoping this is possible.

3. New mattress. My back is bad and the mattress is horrible. Bought a 3 inch foam thingy for it and it's better but a new mattress is very much needed.

4. Increase pet emergency fund to $500. I think there's about $100 give or take right now and I save all change to roll and add to it.

5. Increase stockpile especially of the most expensive items. 99.9% sure we're selling the business this year. Maybe soon... maybe a little later. Want to do the increase to make the transition as easy as possible. Isn't going to sell for a HIGH price but okay price. Technically it's the land only. So money from the sale needs stay aside for emergency type situations only. I can see some head butting with this one.

6. Get signed up for Social Security. I wanted to wait till full age of 66 but I'm close enough. Birthday for 66 in August so till actually get signed up be even closer.

7. Declutter slowly but surely no matter how little at a time.

8. If we DO retire then clean and stain porch/deck ( no small feat ) cause we'll have time and energy then.

Might add to this at some point if something strikes me.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck Niko. I am JUST NOW starting to work with training the dog. I have had him 9 months. He was nervous and fearful. By waiting he will now enjoy the process. He is full of energy and bounce.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    Martha- I agree about negativity. I hope you're able to distance yourself from it ! Will you be walking with your friend? DH and I used to work out together a lot, but since working more, we only do that once or twice a week. He's complained that we don't do that much anymore and I feel badly as we had such a nice time.

I have a few main goals- eat a bit better and try to curb those cravings! I have no willpower and it's been difficult. I did buy a new exercise bike and treadmill and I use them all the time, but those cravings still call to me...…

I would like to decrease my hours at work, which would then increase my medical costs. But I'd get more sleep and work out with DH..... It's definitely a goal of mine but it won't happen immediately. I'll keep plugging along for now....
    I am trying but frankly until mil is gone then sil is permanently out of my life. at the moment have to still have to monitor all her BS w mil.

We are looking at doing aquafit or something similar. the snow and being away put a halt to talks. the new spring active guide came out so we can figure out what to do. dh and I talk about walking but never happens. there is a yoga class on saturdays coming up so we are going to sign up. since my demo job is basically over will have free weekends. both of us have back problems etc so we need to work on our health for a change ..focus on family.

need to figure other things but one thing at a time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3 months to go in the year. I have made progress with the dog although not enough to impress some people in the dog club.
    Trying to motivate brother to repair/fix the property he is supposed to inherit. Lawyer drew up the papers but he won't be able to get insurance on the property under his name until repairs are made. I keep saying "why wait, the repairs are needed regardless." I think he gets the point but I cannot stand over him and make him do stuff.
    Talked to hubby about my vacation days. We have picked 1 day in October for a day trip, not sure what yet.
    I would like to give some areas of the house a good clean-out, those may be the other vacation days.