My Dream

Thread: My Dream

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default My Dream

I just found this forum. Love it.

My dreams are much like Sara's. (I sometimes think we might secretly be the same person!)

My dream is to write a best-selling novel. Then, I'd like to write another one.

My other dream is to write a column for a newspaper or a magazine, but I am not really sure what type of column I would write. I just want to write and write and write and write and have people read my writing and love it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know I would buy your novel Amy!! Are you still working on your novel you were writing??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amy, I think you will achieve your dream one day! I have faith in you and your abilities!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I know you'll do it. If you're anything like me, there's not really an option.

Regardless of what I've ever set out to do, writing has called me. It's just always there. I feel I have a voice and stories to be told.

Setting it aside for my list- of- a- million-other-things has always felt like I've not held true to my own sense of self. No one else is going to be disappointed if I don't accomplish this. This is about my own promise to myself.

I have this energized gut feeling that I can't ignore for anything else. I KNOW it's what I am supposed to do. I've always known. I've just always seemed to push it off because of some pretty silly insecurities that I hold.

I've finally brought myself to the point of saying oh who cares?! I mean years are going to pass by no matter what. Do I still want to feel like I haven't done anything toward my dream?

I've decided that I've been holding myself back. I'm the one that has been telling myself these little lies to prevent myself from taking any sort of action. If I want to write...then I have to actually WRITE! (insert lightbulb) A writer puts the words down.

Thoughts in my head won't make me a writer. Being afraid to fail is a very silly reason not to write. Being fearful folks won't "get it" is crazy too. Maybe people will read what I write and think they know all about me. Maybe sharing it means it's not my secret anymore. Maybe I just don't want someone to say that Sara Noel really SUCKS! So what! Since when have I been so frail about what others think?

I've been on this new mission. I've decided to just be more bold. I'm going to start asking more questions and start doing more things that bring me closer to what I want. Sitting around and simply wanting it is daydreaming. Working toward it makes it real.

By being bold, I need to drop my fragility over it all. It's time for me to toughen up.

It's my dandelion wish and it will come true.

The other day Zachary comes to me and he says he wished that it was dark and it didn't happen. Look! It's still bright! He starts chanting *I wish it was dark..I wish it was dark* Then says see?!!! It's not coming true. Stupid wishbone stick! (He had climbed up to the windowsill where I had a wishbone drying and broke the wishbone himself and made a wish alone)

I want to show my children dreams do come true. Wishes are real. Mostly, I want to show myself.

As a child I would write mini plays for friends. I don't think all kids just do that. lol I don't think most young kids take notes on what people say and hide just so they can spy, listen, and write down dialogue.

Rock on Amy. If you're like me, you'll continue achieving in so many other areas and still come back to writing with this dissatisfaction of not accomplishing it. That one thing you've just always wanted to do...and did you or didn't you do it?

You've just got to do it. I'll be your biggest fan.

I'll be here doing the happy dance like you will not believe when your first book is published. I'll schedule your chat event here at FV.