Frugal Village Forums banner

Went out on a limb

Tags
limb
1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  quiltergirl 
#1 ·
I made an attempt towards one of my goals today. Finding out about me and who I am! Yippie!!!! Since I am on unemployment and am not having any success with finding a job here of late, I decided to ask the unemployment office for their help in assisting me in paying for school. So I am seeing if I am eligible for assistance. I took a brief questionaire online and they said that i could possibly qualify, based on my answers, so they are sending me an application based on my disability. (I have Adult ADD) And I have been through a few jobs. Which has been very difficult for me since I am 45 years old and I am not used to all this unstability since coming back to the working world. This doesn't send a great message to my children either. Two of my kids also have ADD. I feel sorry If this is what there adult life will be like. :(
Anyhow, I am hoping they can help me to get some kind of skill to make me more marketable in the job market. I have some good creative skills, but they are not really anything I can put to good use in a company, unless I was to go out on my own. Of which I would not have the support of my husband on that because we don't have the money to just let me go on my creative way and hope for the best. We need a concrete reliable income.
I wish God would have created me a bit more normal :clown2: So I am excited.

#5 ·
Good Luck and let us know how things turn out! :)

#8 ·
Great idea! I hope they come up with some support, and that you find talents that you had not recognized before!

PS - I think "normal" is overrated. Unusual is so much more fun!

#12 ·
I saw this post yesterday and didn't want to say anything because I dont have or understand ADD/ADHD.
But, after much thought I wanted to say that just because you're "different", you are still showing your kids that you can and WILL do what it is you want and need to do to take care of yourself.

I too hope that the future holds for your children an easier way of life for coping with this disorder.
But simply SHOWING your children that "yeah, I got it too. but look what I can do" says more than anything!

I commend you on finding out about yourself, admitting and posting it and going out there to try to better yourself for your children's benefit.

That says a LOT.
And your children will pick up on it as well, I believe.

Keep on keepin' on!

#13 ·
Good luck and keep us updated!

#14 ·
{{{Hugs}}} and keep on trucking. I've been told I'm adult ADD. I'm not sure I believe it. I know some real ADHD kids...in the extended family. I think you are very wise to try and understand yourself more.

I once took a career course through some deal with unemployment. It was very helpful. It pointed me in the right direction for work. I ended up employed at a small town newspaper in the production department. You'd be surprised what is out there for creative people to do. There are some very rewarding careers that earn good salaries.

Prayers heading your way pizzamaker.

Jean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.