Frugal Village Forums banner

Anyone ever dress up their pets for Halloween?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  cab54 
#1 ·
My doggy's birthday is Halloween (so is my mom's) and I have a bunch of old stuff in the basement that I try and put on him each year. He helps me answer the door to trick or treaters, so this is so fun for him. Usually he wears an old set of angel wings:angel:-----he is a big 'ole Lab and looks goofy in them. :crackup:

I have a knitting pattern for a lion costume for my MIL's dog. I hope to have time to make it before then. It has big fat chunky yarn for the mane, and the rest is knitted. She is just a little miniature poodle and would look so cute in it!

#2 ·
I wish I could...we bought her a raincoat when we first got her and she absolutely hated it. We're lucky if we can get a sweater coat on her in the winter.

#3 ·
My cat would kill me in my sleep. We tried to put a breakaway collar on her, and... well... she pretty much let us know she wasn't happy.

I did see really cute cat/sm. dog costumes when I was at the Dollar Tree.

#4 ·
We've tried in the past to dress up our yellow lab and it never works! He won't sit still for it and I end up exhausted trying to fight him! :D I keep thinking once he gets older he might not fight me but so far........it's a big NO!

#5 ·
Wesley my Yorkie has been an alligator one year. I thought it was adorable, but he hated it. He might tolerate something like wings though.

G
#6 · (Edited)
I dress up my cat as a hovercraft.

That's how you do it (may take you a couple of months):

Take a cat. Feed it. Feed it well. Feed it some more. Continue till cat looks like a soccer ball. Exercise is not needed at this stage. Sleeping through the day is heartily recommended.

Now, start feeding cat a healthy diet. Keep an eye on the calories. Give plenty of opportunity for exercise. Continue, till cat has gained a normal weight.

Now, wait till cat lies down. The superfluous fur will curl around it and make it look like a hovercraft :D

PS: That's only half a joke. The previous 'owner' of our cat let it get extremely fat. When the cat was turned over to the animal shelter, they put it on a diet, and when we went to pick up our new flat mate, we've got a feline hovercraft. Spooky :D

#7 ·
My daughter spends more on outfits for her dog than she does on herself. Besides making many she often finds him "special" outfits that she just can't get by without. I have to admit it is a really cute idea to dress them for Halloween, and the kids get a real hoot out of having the pets dress up with them or answer the door to the trick or treaters. The last outfit she got was a "princess" outfit. It even has the head piece with it. Funny thing is her dog is a black lab/akita cross, and a MALE at that!

#8 ·
Our schnauzer has a military style jacket/sweater combo that we bought him the first time he got a really short haircut, it was still cool outside and I didn't want him to get cold. He tolerated it but he sure let me know that it was not his idea and he was not at all thrilled about it. I guess my 2 furbabies will just have to go as furbabies for halloween this year. :)

#10 ·
Parsimonious--I'd like to see a pic sometime of your feline hovercraft! Sounds cute!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.