Halloween Planning
    McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Halloween Planning

Halloween is quickly approaching! Are you making any plans or starting preparations?

Wesley wants to be a clone trooper as of right now. And Maggie Moo will go as (what else?) a little heffer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We try to have a pumpkin carving party every year and I've had one every year but one since 1991.

I'll be planning my menu, purchasing grocery items over the next two months, clearing the weeds and saving milk jugs to make these because I fell in love with them.
    Halloween Milk Jug Ghosts | Version | Cut Out + Keep

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am going to a wedding on Halloween. Luckily they aren't having it in Salem...

Close - next town over though, which means the traffic will be a nightmare.

Being late is not an option...

*I* am performing it

Old Man is working and the Ex has Diva until after dinner so he is taking her trick-or-treating (as of right now she wants to be the grim reaper)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

One of my best friends in the neighborhood and I are planning our 5th annual "Drunken Pumpkin" party! It's a vintage carnival theme and I am soo excited!
    We're making a ton of crafts and coming up with some creative ideas to keep costs down. This is the one big party that I throw every year, so I don't mind spending some $ on it. As for actual Halloween, hopefully I don't have work so I can stay home and hand out candy. There are a lot of kids in our neighborhood.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My boys want to be cops and my youngest daughter a veterinarian. I'm waiting on oldest daughter to decide.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been thinking about it! Maybe something Toy story for the little one. Who knows yet, but this year should be fun for him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We do Halloween at school - kids and adults all dress up - we invite the HeadStart students over for a small party with juice and cookies, but most important for the chldren is getting to pla on all of our equipment, bikes etc.

Haven't figured out what I'll be making for their goodie bags, but that's something I love creating!!

Mahalo for the heads-up - need to get going on this!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have no idea this year. Since being diagnosed as diabetic, and being new at it, it's putting a cramp in all the plans I had for all the holidays.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know what DD will be for halloween. I will get her to decide so and then make her a costume. Thanks for the reminder.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Ooooh....Halloween! :)

I love, love, love Halloween! It's on a Sunday this year. I just checked the Farmer's Almanac online, and it predicts rain and thunderstorms for our area. So...we'll see.

I don't know if I will do my (previously) traditional lifesized scarecrow scenes in the yard or not. I want to, but my energy level is so much lower these days than a few years ago.

We've moved from the middle of town to the edge of town on 25 acres on a dead end road. So there is no traffic or passersby. Last year we only got 3 - 3!!! - trick-or-treaters. That is down from the approximately 200 we used to get in town. This year, I will pass out little trick-or-treat 'invitations' to the kids in our church classes that morning.

We have a nice covered deck and carport that can be great to decorate...depending on whether we have those thunderstorms and blowing rain or not. Our driveway is wrap-around too, so that will be easy for cars coming and going. But what I actually get done remains to be seen.

I always decorate the kitchen table and serve theme foods for the kids and grandkids who stop by early. Really, we could have a celebration of some kind on Saturday evening this year, I guess. Maybe a bunco party? I did that one year, and it was a lot of fun.

Anyway, time is ticking. I need to get some plans formulated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This year's a little hectic with selling the house around that time. I can't decorate as I normally would. I told DH, though, that next year would be an all-out spook fest. I want coffins in the front yard with bodies in them, some with arms and legs draped over the sides. I want gravestones in various positions with a black cat perched upon the top of one. I have a friend of mine who also loves Halloween and we got to talking about getting a candy bowl with a pumpkin sitting in the rear of it. When they go to take candy out of the bowl, a hand pops out of the pumpkin.

I'm demonic that way.

So this year, it might just be handing out candy. We'll see how things are when that time comes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thefrug, I understand how difficult that will be for you. I had to change the whole way I looked at this event, because my son has a peanut allergy. Try finding fun candy that doesn't contain peanuts!!! I almost cancelled the whole thing because I was so worried.

When trick-or-treating his first reaction was to tell people he couldn't accept the candy, as that is what he has to do in every day life. For that one night, I told him to just accept it, then when we get home we take it out and substitute it with safe candy. He is not allowed to open anything before we check it anyway, so the peanut candy is still in their wrappers. My husband takes the other stuff to work and gives it away.

He hasn't complained because he was happy to feel normal and like other kids just for one night.

Are there diabetic recipes that could be used for one night? Most people wouldn't probably even know the difference.

Just a thought. I'd hate for you to not enjoy Halloween.