Lower your cholesterol naturally. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by bonnotsm9 View Post
    The nurse said to take 10,000 IUs three times a week. I need to go back in to check my levels now that I've taken it for 2 months.
    That's about what I'm taking right now 4000 IU x 7 days = 28000 IU. I've had friends in the past that took it like you are- 2-3 times a week. I wonder why.
    Now that peanut has chimed in with the comments on magnesium, I may just go ahead and take that, too. If my hair stops falling out my mood will stabilize! First thing this AM I brushed it...no loss. So far, so good. Sun? I never use sunscreen and generally get an ample amount of sun daily. Not like I used to, of course, but you can't live in Texas and not be in the sun during the summer. Who knows?!? When you get to be my age, things just get weird!

As for cholesterol lowering capabilities, I don't know. I'll have to research that. I do know that about 2 years ago, my chol had elevated - along with my weight. I dropped 10 pounds by healthier eating and increasing exercise and the chol values came down. Healthier eating simply involved staying away from fast foods and sweet, sugary foods. I find it so interesting that Vitamin D may be responsible for elevated chol values. That would be good news for all those taking those expensive chol lowering drugs.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh SueBee, I didn't mean the D was responsible for lowering cholesterol...I think it was the gluten free, dairy free, sugar free diet. My doctor was very happy to find I was off all three of those.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh! OK! But I have been reading about Vitamin D and cholesterol and there is some "evidence" that low D levels can result in elevated cholesterol. The jury is still out, tho'. Your diet is somewhat similar to what I did to lower mine - very little bread, wheat products, nothing with added sugar. I still continued to drink lots of milk, tho'. Exercise combined with diet can do wonders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12