Favorites under $10
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Favorites under $10

Want to share your favorite beauty product that are budget friendly? I try to find sales, but some products are great deals even at regular price. My favorites are:

Infusium 23 (Repair)ologie Shampoo around $7 regular price (16oz). I've tried a lot of shampoos & with fine, slightly oily hair a good one is a must! CVS has a deal this week, so I'm sprulging for the conditioner too!

Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash around $4.50 regular price (16oz). I use it on my legs instead of soap all year round... perfect to shave with or just help keep your skin extra soft!

Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm under $3.50. Just discovered it a year ago... love it! The lip shimmer is good too ($5). I have a wish list of Burt's products I'd like to try soon!

Avon Glazeware Lip Gloss $6, but its on sale often ($1.99/2.99). I keep it in my purse all the time. Great on bare lips, plus several shades are perfect over lipstick!

I'm always look for a great deal & product! Maybe I could try one of your favorites?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great idea for a thread! Here are mine -

* Pantene Conditioner. I have thick, naturally curly, long hair and don't know how I ever lived without it. Kroger had a big sale a few months ago and I was able to buy 40 bottles for about $1 each.
    * Cetaphil bar cleanser (cheaper than the face wash) and Cetaphil moistuerizer. Coupons are usually available and Walgreen's/CVS sometimes has good sales.
    * Jane blushes and eyeshadows. My Meijer store sometimes has sales, but even at regular price at Wal-Mart, they're not at all expensive.
    * Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss. Have them all, love them all.
    * Revlon Color Stay eyeliner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Great thread!!!

For me it would be:

Biore (and no other brand will do) pore cleansing strips. I've tried the store-brands, and they don't cut it at all. I'd rather pay a bit more and know that they WORK and work very well. I buy the ten packs (5 nose strips and 5 face strips), but use the nose strips on forehead and chin, they seem to "adhere" better because they are a bit more expandable. Price is under $10.

Clean and Clear benzoyl peroxide (sadly, I buy hair color to cover my grays and I STILL need to buy stuff to control break outs!!!). But I use it every morning and night, and it works great, is concentrated, so a tube lasts a long time. Each tube below $5.00, typical price is $4.59, or less if there is a sale and/or coupon.

Queen Helene beauty products (facial stuff). I buy the mud mask, the herbal mask, and the grape seed peel off mask, and most of the time, each tube has 25% more product, and lasts a LONG time. Typical price per tube of product is less than $4.00. But usually cheaper at Family Dollar.

GOOD hair conditioner, ala Pantene, etc. I would rather pay a bit more, get some decent concentrate stuff that I don't need to pay a ton of money on, and it works quite well on my way past the shoulder length, thick and wavy hair. I usually add it to my hair in the beginning of my shower, then pin my hair up in a large plastic clip, do the shaving and everything else, THEN I rinse it out last. Gives you the most "bang" out of the product. Plus I tilt my head to one side when I rinse it, so my clean back isn't covered with the residue. A large bottle is typically around $4 dollars and change. Totally worth it to me.

For soap, I don't have a preference, soap is soap in my opinion, so anything from Ivory to Dove to Coast is fine, so long as the price is right. (lol!).

For deodorant, I love the roll on Avon brand stuff (especially the Sweet Honesty and Cool Confidence). Works great, and they stock it at one my favorite dollar stores. So when I see it there I stock up. It doesn't leave that filmy white "line" on your clothes, and dries quickly.

That's my $.02 for whatever it's worth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use plain old Ivory soap for face wash and Garnier fructice moisturizer. I think the moisturizer us regularly about $12 but I can always get it on sale much cheaper.

Covergirl Professional mascara- $4.99- coupons. I buy it when it's bogo at walgreens and use coupons that are always in the paper.

I also like Jane cosmetics, particularly their mineral powder and foundation.

Rimmel kohl eyeliner. I get them for about .50 each after coupons and sales at walgreens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Witch Hazel works as an astringent! Much cheaper than any toner out there.

Epsom Salt w/ a little lavender Oil as a bath salt

I love Focus Sea Plasma Moisturizer. I get it at Rite Aid. About $5.99, but last time I bought it it was B1G1

Yardley Oatmeal Bar soap is great for the face. I always get it on sale for less than $1.

Sally Hansen for Nail Polish. I love the Hard as Nails line, and they now have a ton of colors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing fancy or out of the ordinary here. I am pretty simple.

*Sea Breeze astringent between 4-5 times a day.

*Biore cleansing pads 2-3 times a day.

*AmLactin lotion for my elbows and feet. Nothing is better.

*And the most important one for me - teeth. I am a "teeth" person. Pretty, white teeth are a biggie to me. I usually brush my teeth 3-5 times a day with Crest Pro-Health, rinse with a prescription mouthwash (although the mouthwash is not cheap - $30 a bottle) and use a toothbrush no longer than 4 weeks before I throw it out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Maybelline New York Unstoppable Eyeliner (Midnight Blue), $6.79

L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipcolor (varies, but not a light or red person) $9.99

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love, love, love the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. It's about $4 at Walgreens and sometimes you can pick it up BOGO!

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mary Kay Lip Liner in Neutral $10
    http://www.marykay.com/paulapafw/col...3/default.aspx
    Mary Kay Mineral Eye Shadows $6.50
    http://www.marykay.com/paulapafw/col...l/default.aspx
    Mary Kay Eye Liner in Taupe $10
    http://www.marykay.com/paulapafw/col...6/default.aspx
    Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Shy Blush $10 (gives me that glow w/ out being pg, LOL)
    http://www.marykay.com/paulapafw/col...4/default.aspx

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Burt's Bees hand salve-$7 at target
    Noxema-$4 (reminds me of my mom, I love the stuff)
    Ped Egg-$10 a great tool
    Almay one coat mascara-$7 I've tried others and just don't like them

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think just about every beauty item I buy is under $10. Probably under $5 for most stuff, lol!

I guess my fav would be Cover Girl lash exact (the purple tube)---about $6 to $7. I have blonde lashes, so this is a must.

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by cab54 View Post
    I guess my fav would be Cover Girl lash exact (the purple tube)---about $6 to $7. I have blonde lashes, so this is a must.
    I haven't used that one, but I will say that I hated the CG Lash Blast. That stuff would not come off no matter what I used to take it off. It's actually one of the events that drove me to ditch CG altogether. I now use MK Ultimate Mascara but that's over $10.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

PaulaPAFW---I use baby oil to take off mascara. Haven't found a mascara this couldn't get off. I put some (cheapie walmart brand baby oil) on a cotton ball or even a piece of TP or kleenex, rub GENTLY over the mascara and it will dissolve. (eyes CLOSED).

I never even get an oily film over my eyeball like I did when I used Almay and Neutrogena eye makeup removers. Then I gently rub the oil off with a dry kleenex (or whatever) and then wash with your soap or cleanser. No oil residue.

The huge bottle of WM oil lasts forever. f your skin is sensitive or you're allergic to some fragrances, try this near the eye, but not ON it first. It may irritate. But, I'm rather sensitive and if I don't rub HARD, it is fine.

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not the only one who couldn't get that particular one off. I found reviews on Covergirl's site and almost 1/3 to 1/2 had the same problem I did. I have no idea what they made that of...