Daily Accountability Thread 2/25/09
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Daily Accountability Thread 2/25/09

Whoever comes to this space first each day please copy and paste these this initial post in its entirety for a new daily thread. TIA!

The following questions are GUIDELINES. You may answer all, some, or none of the questions in this thread... they are here soley to promote accountability, support, and encouragement among the members of the Emotional Eating forum. You may wish to copy and paste, quote, or just answer on your own. Post as you feel comfortable, NOT as you feel you must... We are not here to impose more guilt inducing demands.

Did I eat mindfully?

Did I take care of and nurture my body?

Did I practice self acceptance and avoid negative self talk?

Did I use my tools of recovery?
    These may include meal plans, water minimums, journaling, etc.- Whatever works for YOU.

Did I share my experience with food for the day somewhere I feel safe and nurtured? This may be here, in this forum, with a therapist, a close friend, a group such as OA, etc.- Again, whatever works for YOU.

Did I select a word, phrase, and/or quote for the day?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The following questions are GUIDELINES. You may answer all, some, or none of the questions in this thread... they are here soley to promote accountability, support, and encouragement among the members of the Emotional Eating forum. You may wish to copy and paste, quote, or just answer on your own. Post as you feel comfortable, NOT as you feel you must... We are not here to impose more guilt inducing demands.

Did I eat mindfully? Most of the time.....I do tend to not always think about what I am eatting!

Did I take care of and nurture my body? This is a tuff one for me.
    I tend to put others first, and often forget that me, myself and I should count for something. I need to really work on this one, and I am going to set up a daily calendar to work these questions out during the day and schedule a time for me to take the time for care and nurture of myself!

Did I practice self acceptance and avoid negative self talk? Yes, I work on this daily!!

Did I use my tools of recovery? These may include meal plans, water minimums, journaling, etc.- Whatever works for YOU.
    No, I have never given any though to finding "tools" to help with this......

Did I share my experience with food for the day somewhere I feel safe and nurtured? This may be here, in this forum, with a therapist, a close friend, a group such as OA, etc.- Again, whatever works for YOU.
    Yes, this one is easy for me as my DH is very understanding.

No, I haven't thought about doing this, but I will from now on.

Elphie, this is awesome and really gives you some things to think about. Many of these are things that I had never given any thought to, but with making them part of my day I really think it will be helpful for me.
    Thanks so much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank AdamantEve as well... I based these on questions she sent me from another forum and I adapted them to fit the tone of the conversation we had already started in the other thread. I am finding it helpful to have these questions because although I don't want to go for a walk right now (I'm always glad I did it, but for some reason am never motivated to start) these questions help me to see why it is important to do that for myself.

I'm glad they are helpful to you as well!

ETA: I'm so glad your dh is so understanding! It is so helpful to have those closest to you as an ally.
    Last edited by elphie; 02-25-2009 at 02:56 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did I eat mindfully?

Yes, I made concious choices for all of my food today.

Yes, took advantage of a beautiful day and went for a walk.

Yes, a very good day for this and even included some mirror work.

Did I use my tools of recovery? These may include meal plans, water minimums, journaling, etc.- Whatever works for YOU.

I used my writing time today to work on an article about some of the things that trigger me to eat emotionally and ways I can avoid those triggers. It was good food for thought and helped me clarify some things that had been issues that I couldn't really label before. Now they have a name and therefore will be easier to stand up to.

I'm going to say no on this one... I am here sharing but I am still holding back some things from dh. I really need to reach a point where I can comfortably share things with him so I'm not giving myself credit for this one anymore unless I try to share with him too.

Health at any size
    Last edited by elphie; 02-25-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I figure I'll probably run a day behind on this so I can evaluate how I did for the day before.

Did I eat mindfully? This is a big yes! I was very conscoius of avoiding sweets today as that is what I seem to reach for no matter what I'm feeling; bored, mad, sad, ect. It was actually a struggle to make it through the work day witout touching the chocolate in my desk but I did it. Ialso paid attention to how much of something I ate.

Did I take care of and nurture my body?Not as I feel I should have or planned to. I had planned on excersizing but didn't. I did make sure to streatch though.

Did I practice self acceptance and avoid negative self talk? Yes. I stayed very focused on my willpower and avoided thinking anything negative about myself.

Did I use my tools of recovery? These may include meal plans, water minimums, journaling, etc.- Whatever works for YOU. I am still figuring out what tools will work best for me. For the day I wrote down everything I ate to help keep me honest with myself. I also did some self visualization of what I know I can be. I pictured in my head a realistic vision of myself healthy and fit.

Did I share my experience with food for the day somewhere I feel safe and nurtured? This may be here, in this forum, with a therapist, a close friend, a group such as OA, etc.- Again, whatever works for YOU. I talked with a friend at work who is loseing weight to lower thier blood pressure. WE talked about our personal food stuggles. Where mine is sweets his is greasy fast food.

Did I select a word, phrase, and/or quote for the day? I can do it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did I eat mindfully?
    No, I did not. Today was a really poor day of eating choices. I ate way too much and probably can't even go back and account for it all right now. It's PMS time, and I tend to eat during this time of the month, and I'm pretty unaware of it.

I did go to the gym and did a really good 90 minute workout, so in that aspect, yes.

I did. I am not beating myself up over one day of overeating, which for me is a relatively new thing. I normally, get upset, then tend to eat some more becuase I'm upset. But this new attitude of forgive and learn from it, is helping me change my patterns!

I did. I used my blog, but didn't hit my water intake.

Yep, DH was right there with me while I was overeating!

I did not think of my mantra at all yesterday, which might have accounted for some of my bad behavior. I'll be sure to remind myself what I am working for today!