EE Daily Accountability Thread 2/27
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default EE Daily Accountability Thread 2/27

WELCOME ALL!

Our creed is simple: No Judgment, just love, support and understanding. Through mutual SUPPORT and understanding as a TEAM, we'll experience a HEALTHIER LIFE together!!

ACCOUNTABILITY to ourselves and our teammates will help each of us to acquire a healthy lifestyle. Lending SUPPORT to others will help us strengthen ourselves.

We all share such precious life stories and maybe for the first time we found a place where we can be HONEST with our feelings and how we act out with food. For most of us it is EMOTIONAL EATING that gets us every time. It has many names; COMPULSIVE EATING, RESTRICTING, BINGEING, OUT OF CONTROL EATING, NUMBING, SELF-MEDICATING, whatever you call it we struggle with food and can't figure out why it is so hard!!

Some of us here are dealing with eating disorder (ED) issues but we all find the accountability to others and ourselves a much-needed resource!!!... COMMUNICATION with each other on a regular basis will keep us strong!

Did I eat mindfully?

Did I take care of and nurture my body?

Did I practice self acceptance and avoid negative self talk?

Did I use my tools of recovery? These may include meal plans, water minimums, journaling, etc.- Whatever works for YOU.

Did I share my experience with food for the day somewhere I feel safe and nurtured? This may be here, in this forum, with a therapist, a close friend, a group such as OA, etc.- Again, whatever works for YOU.

Did I select a word, phrase, and/or quote for the day?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did I eat mindfully?

yes

Did I take care of and nurture my body?

not really... I've been in a funk all day. I stayed up way too late last night and have been tired as a result. I didn't take the time to prepare the foods I really wanted for myself and instead chose what was easy

Did I practice self acceptance and avoid negative self talk?

no negative self talk but I also haven't really done any actual work toward self acceptance- no mirror work, no pats on the back for myself

Did I use my tools of recovery? These may include meal plans, water minimums, journaling, etc.- Whatever works for YOU.

no writing, journaling, or reading today. I am tired and hungry as I type this so I haven't practiced HALT

Did I share my experience with food for the day somewhere I feel safe and nurtured? This may be here, in this forum, with a therapist, a close friend, a group such as OA, etc.- Again, whatever works for YOU.

Here yes, in RL, no

Did I select a word, phrase, and/or quote for the day?

I liked the last bit in Patty's quote of the day thread about failure not being about falling down but staying down
    Last edited by elphie; 02-27-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Elphie, 2005 was the first time I came to London and boy what an impression it had on me, hehe. I'm glad your dh is doing better. Are you located near Chicago?

Polly, I will have to look up Masters Merchantile. I don't have one yet, but it's something that I'd like to turn into a craft that I can create for my home. My flat inspection went alright. I hope you don't have the stomach bug too!

Patty A, I love the Shakespeare quote and I hear what you are saying about the cycle of poverty. I remember installing a hot water heater, doing plumbing, a new sink, stove, painting, flooring, changing motor oil... it can make you self sufficient and strong. Glad to hear that you are so empowered.

Hi GG (RootedNomad- I'm not sure which you prefer). I'm glad to hear that you were able to share here and with your dh. I hope that you had a happy anniversary! I'm glad you reframed and remembered how well you are doing.

Feb 27th results

Did I eat mindfully? No

Did I take care of and nurture my body? Not really

Did I practice self acceptance and avoid negative self talk? yes

Did I use my tools of recovery? These may include meal plans, water minimums, journaling, etc.- Whatever works for YOU. I need to improve on this part.

Did I share my experience with food for the day somewhere I feel safe and nurtured? This may be here, in this forum, with a therapist, a close friend, a group such as OA, etc.- Again, whatever works for YOU. Here

Did I select a word, phrase, and/or quote for the day? Peace

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peace is a good word. It can encompass so much that I need in my life.

We are about 6 hours from Chicago but a few years ago my best friend and I went up for a long weekend and to see the show. Not nearly enough time there either. Someday when I'm getting paid to go on vacation I'll be able to spend enough time in fabulous places like Chicago and London, lol.