Any wellbutrin takers
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Any wellbutrin takers

I started wellbutrin 4 days ago. I'm on 150mg once a day for 7 days then i go to 150mg twice a day.Of course i get insomnia and headaches.. But since this morning i have had a fever of 100.1 anyone else get a fever? If im coming down sick it would be hard to tell with the side effects.Im taking it for depression.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I doubt a side effect would be a fever. I would call your doctor though. Hopefully any side effects shouldn't last long if it's the right script for you. You probably have a bug or something.

I took that years and years ago for a very short time. The wonder of that drug was I was a smoker at that time and it really took away that desire to smoke. It's almost like you don't realize it at first. Then after I stopped taking it, I was smoking again.

Also it's not suppose to cause weight gain like many of the others are known for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been on it for ten years and I went through the things you describe when I first started taking it. I also went through a short period where I was a bit spacey....spacey like getting lost driving home. I took the wrong turn on the freeway and started crying when I realized I was going the wrong way a couple miles later...lol...this was a route I drove everyday! The insomnia and headaches pass. Well, check that, the insomnia passes as long as you don't take the second dose too late in the day. Around 4 or 5 pm is usually the latest I can take it and still get some sleep. I like WB much, much better than the alternatives.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow i slept last night. I took my dose at 8am yesterday,i took it a hour ago. I was kinda spacey yesterday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bf's been on the same dose you are for about 3 months. His side effects still haven't passed so he is considering switching meds, again. He was on Paxil before this (for about a year) and it randomly stopped working during a really stressful time.

With the Wellbutrin he's had nausea daily, headaches every couple of days, and he's had insomnia since he was diagnosed with panic attacks/anxiety a year and a half ago. Whether or not the insomnia has anything to do with the meds, I don't know. He also has "hot flashes" now that he's on the Wellbutrin.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So far this is the only med that has not set off my pancreatic attacks. Paxil,zoloft, many other.. im deathly ill with the first dose. So i hope since this is my 5th day and no major issues i will be ok. I'm feeling flushed today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welbutrin was one of the few anti-depressants that I could take that didn't make me groggy and gain weight. I was on it for 9 years with virtually no problems at all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i took it yrs ago to try and help w/ quitting smoking...i was w/ dh at the time but we were not yet married.

i was literally beating him at night in my sleep!!! lol....so, needless to say, i stopped taking it! lol...we still laugh now!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Several years ago my doctor prescribed it for weight loss help. I took it for about 5 days -- couldn't stand it. It just made me incredibly nervous and jittery. I was practically grinding my teeth.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took it for 3 months with no effect what-so-ever. I now take Pristiq for about 1 1/2 years, and felt like it was working. Lately though, I'm feeling pretty weepy, and sad again. I'll wait another couple of weeks though. Because of my hysterctomy, it might be hormonal, or from having alot on my mind. Don't know, but we''ll see.

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took both doses today. No problems, not tired. very alert. Im not craving foods or even have a desire to eat. But i make sure i do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nana2two View Post
    I took both doses today. No problems, not tired. very alert. Im not craving foods or even have a desire to eat. But i make sure i do.
    This is very good to hear, sounds like it's going good for you so far!