How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
    Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question

Is it enough for you? Do you wish you had more?

(Sara, this question is not for you LOL We know you're getting negative sleep these days!)

Since I'm pregnant I sleep from 9-6 before the pregnancy I was sleeping from 12-6....I'm getting enough at night now,but I need a nap about 2 or 3

4 or 5.

I could sleep more - but only if I could sleep later.

I am a terminal night owl...

I sleep soundly for about 4 hrs. Get up go to bathroom and then TRY to fall back to sleep as I listen to DH snore LOUDLY on & on & on......................................................after a couple hours I drift in & out of sleep ... Time to get up!!!ARG!!!

I only get 3-4 tops, and that isn't every night. My brain still thinks it is supposed to be up at night but my body doesn't agree!

I am lucky in that I only need about 4 hours and I am fine. If I get a full 8 hours I am groggy the next day. 4 is my ideal amount.

Usually between 7 and 8 hrs. Any less than that I'm not a nice person to be around. lol

I need around 7 to 8 hours a night and I usually get it....thank goodness!!

Same here for 7 or 8. It isn't a sleep through, sound sleep though.

I need 8 hours to feel rested.

I usually sleep between 5-6 hrs a night that is usually enough unless I am really tired and need about 8. I am also a night owl.

I get around 8 hrs of sleep a night. I wish I could make it on less. But, I always feel tired it seems.

6-8 hours. Luckily ds has slept through the night for 6 nights in a row now - hopefully it's for good!

For anyone interested in information on sleep disorders, visit www.aasm.org. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine is an organization I used to work for when they were located in MN. If nothing else, the reading may put you insomiacs to sleep!

I get 6 hours if I am lucky. I feel I need more, but can never get in bed by a certain time and when I do it takes me forever to fall asleep.

I usually get 7 - 8 hours and I really need it or else I am a real grouch. I don't sleep sound though. I am up several times in the night.

pat

Actually its really hard to tell.But most night 6-7.But lately its been 4.

I've always been a night owl. Pre-baby, and pre-pregnancy, I got 6-8 hours of sleep nightly... usually made myself go to bed around midnight if it was a work night.

Now I have to be awake and wake my baby every three hours... so, I get sleep in roughly 45-minute sessions, adding up to maybe 3-4 hours per night. (I'll be glad when the doctor says we can stop waking the baby to feed her & just feed her when she awakens on her own!!) On DH's nights off he'll stay up with her, so I get 5-6 hours straight once or twice a week.

I need 8 hours a night, but I only get about 6 and then it all catches up to me.

I am the only morning person in the house. The dkids and dh can go until all hours of the night. I need to go to sleep because I wake up at 7:30 every day. Even when I DON'T want to!

Ideally I get 7-8 hours sleep. Most nights, its less.

I get 4 hours of sleep....
    I'm a night owl. I will read for an hour or two...when I head for bed...Usually when I look at the clock before hitting the pillow it's 3AM...

I wake up at 7AM...

I try to get 7 or 8. If it's less than 7, I really feel it the next day. However, I am an evening person and once I start watching TV, it's hard to go to sleep!

I use to get about 10 hours a night, but as I've gotten older, I usually get about 7. I'm a night owl though so I'm in bed late and like to sleep until 8-9. Doesn't happen as much as I'd like because the kids are usually up early.

Gabe, 4 hours

CJ, how in the world do you do all that you do and still get that much sleep??

Well Michelle, I'm usually not on the computer as much as I have been the last couple of days. I guess also because I live in the country, I don't have a lot of running around to do, I do it all on one day. I don't know, going to bed at 12 p.m. usually and getting up at between 7 - 8, I have quite a few hours in the day really.

Right now it depends. Last night I went to bed about midnight and got up at 10 (only because it was cold and I didn't want to get out from under the covers...lol)

Mostly though I go to bed around midnight (later if I am wide awake and don't have to work in the morning) and then I try to be up by 9 at the latest.
    Last edited by Michelle; 06-10-2009 at 09:01 AM.