Frugal Village Forums banner

Weight Loss Tip

Tags
loss tip weight
2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  CAGmomof2 
#1 ·
I wound up getting home in time to watch Oprah yesterday, and she had a very interesting show with her personal nutritionist and trainer. They were talking about the stuff that she's been doing to lose weight and they both mentioned that the number one tip for everyone was to just stop eating after a certain time. He said that when you get that little gnawing feeling in your stomach as the night goes on, that is your body actually going into your fat stores and burning that. So, if you perceive it as hunger and eat something, your fat stores aren't being burned. But if you just let it be, you'll be burning fat. My trick is to brush my teeth after dinner so I'm not tempted to eat again. Toothpaste doesn't mix well with ANYTHING, so it's a pretty good deterrent.

#2 ·
Good tip! Burning fat and clean teeth is a good combo .:) thanks.

#5 ·
i gave in lasnight :(
I'm week :eek:

#6 ·
I watched it too Amy and was really glad to hear that about the fat stores. My stomache was calling out last night and I was acting like Oprah, "come on down to my thighs and have some dinner." LOL:)
I didn't give in as I kept repeating that. I am so glad I was able to watch this show!

#8 ·
I saw about half of the show - it was really good. I highly recommend the book they wrote together: Make the Connection. I reread it often for motivation. The steps they outline are so simple to follow, and it really just is a lot of common sense. :)

#9 ·
I watched it too. Also wrote up a contract if for nothing else than to have my goals and motivations all wrote down in one place...

I was also telling my hunger pangs to take a bite, out of my hips, lol...

I liked what they said about no one persons work-out working for everyone, that we each have to make up a work out that works for us...

#10 ·
I forgot about the contract Judith. Thanks for reminding me. I will need to sit down and give it some serious thought about what I want mine to say. I don't want to make a commitment and then break it.

#11 ·
I too watched the Oprah show with Bob Greene, and I struggle with night time snacking. There is nothing like a big bowl of popcorn in the evenings. MMMM. But.... Last night I did not eat after 7:30, gosh how I wanted to. My tummy was putting up quite a fuss but I just held on to my resolve, then went to sleep. I really hope this helps, nothing else seems to right now!LOL. I need to do my contract and see what I can realistically agree to and follow through with, Good luck to everyone,

Nealy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.