Moisturizer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moisturizer

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Moisturizer

Ok, for women over 40 what do you use to moisturize your face?
    We had a patient recently who came in with beautiful skin. She swears by squalene oil that she orders online. I used to use bag balm under my eyes and cetaphil on the rest of my face. Anyway it got me thinking do I spend the $$ for squalene which isn't expensive or find something else. I found that baby oil now comes in a gel so I bought some at Walmart rather cheaply. I've been using under my eyes for about a month now and get compliments how I don't look my age. Just wondering what others use. I'm rather liking the results of baby oil gel for me.
    I have hashimoto's thyroiditis which causes dry flaky skin, but this seems to help. I paid Under $3.00 for the bottle which should last awhile. I also use it on my dry feet and it's made quite the difference.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oddly, I don't use any moisturizer because I don't wash my face but once every other day in the shower. that's is. I don't wear make up and my skin stays young. (cosmetics ages your skin faster).
    A woman I know with beautiful skin swears by .. never using soap on the skin - and use oil of olay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know of people who use olive oil or coconut oil, usually organic. I use homemade soap that is superfatted (all the oils in the soap aren't saponified). I use vegetable oils on my body and animal fat soaps on my hair and face. The animal fat soaps make my hair so soft.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not over 40, but choosing to respond anyway since the question really has less to do with age and more to do with skin type. The products you select should meet the needs of your skin (dry, oily, blemish prone, sun damaged, sensitive, etc) regardless of age. This is why what works great for one person, doesn't work at all for another. Learn about your skin's unique needs and then choose the right products (paulaschoice.com is a great resource, explore the "expert advice" section).

I have combination skin that is sensitive and prone to break outs. I really like the Olay Regenerist Line. During the day I use the Regenerist lotion with SPF, it's lightweight, plays nice with my skin, works well under makeup and is full of antioxidants. If I'm not going to do full makeup and just want a fresh lightly hydrated face with adequate sun protection, I use CoverGirl Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer (it's now being labeled as BB cream, but the formula hasn't changed).

I don't bother with a moisturizer at night as my skin doesn't need it. However, I do use a serum with antioxidants, peptides, anti-irritants and niacinimide as part of my nightly routine (Regenerist Fragrance Free), it leaves my face soft and silky smooth. For daytime use it also functions beautifully as makeup primer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My Dmom has great skin. She is 80 and has skin better than 60yr old. she has never been a sun person but did smoke. She swears by Oil of Olay regenerist.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use Argan Oil (Josie Maran Protect and Perfect Argan Moisturizer) that has an SPF of 40 in it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the replys I have alot of reading to do. I just started using the argan oil on my hair and it's great love it.
    My coworker swears by the Oil of Olay regenerist. I'm now thinking that I wash my face too much and that could be drying it out. I don't wear much makeup, but I do wear foundation, little blush & mascara to work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Almost 40....I use Organic Apple Cider Vinegar diluted in water to tone my face and then use Aveeno lotion as moisturizer. I don't wear makeup on a daily basis....maybe a handful of times a year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

With it being winter right now I am using bio-oil then followed up with a layer of CVS moisturizing cream for dry, sensitive skin. It comes in a tub so it is thicker than from a pump dispenser. The cream is their version of cetaphil moisturizing cream. Before I go outside I put a layer on to help protect my skin. Also during the winter time wash my face only once a day with a cleanser to help not dry out my skin. At night I will apply an extra layer of the moisturizing cream. This seems to really help the most. Twice a week I use aveeno everyday facial scrub for sensitive skin. Keeping your skin moisturized is the key through out the day. If I ease up on the moisturizing my skin looks dull dried out and like it is hanging on my face. Yea, not pretty.

Also drink a lot of water throughout the day and eat lots of produce. I also have hashimotos disease. My skin is really sensitive and I am careful with what I eat and try to eat a diet to help my thyroid meaning staying away from certain foods or eating them only on occasion. It seems to have really helped with my skin dryness. My legs do not look like they have white scales on them. But they do get aggrivated when I wear fleece. Am a firm believer that you can put a bunch of stuff on your face but it is more important to eat healthy to have good skin. Living in the NE does not help when it comes to dry skin in the winter. Have you tried udderly smooth instead of bag balm. It isn't as smelly or stain like bag balm. I get it from CVS and will use it on my feet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, I haven't tried the udderly smooth I'll pick some up this week. For my body I've been using Vaseline Intensive Lotion. I work in a doctors office which is inside a hospital and is very dry air. I'm constantly rubbing lotion on my hands/arms at work so they're not that bad, but my face can get flaky. I drink tons of water all day in work otherwise I'd have no voice
    We use a pellet stove at home, but run humidifiers throughout the house because it gets dry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

definite on a bove poster of drinkinglots and lots of water. my skin has gotten drier over the years...i NEED my undereye cream and facial cream that includes SPF.....i use clinique all about eyes and purpose or cetaphil facial lotion w/ spf every day!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use oil of okay daily moisturizer on my face. I also had a moisturizer made for me from a local potion place with shea oil rose & geranium oil its great & smells wonderful!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Right now, I'm using Meijer's store's version of Olay Renewal cream. I like it. It's not too heavy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If possible try putting on some moisturizer on your face in the middle of the day. You stated you are constantly putting moisturizer on your hands and they are not as bad so it would make sense to moisturize your face more often. Realize it may not be possible if you wear makeup. Hope you can figure something out that will help you, hang in there. Definately understand wanting to be able to get rid of the dry skin.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I seem to be overly sensitive to everything which has aged me , until this got really bad the past 5 years I was always told I looked much younger then I am . Sadly stress and allergic reactions that cause skin issues around my eyes aged me .
    That and I think menopause too .
    But it's all my eyes nowhere else .
    Right now I use coconut oil or 100% natural unrefined Shea butter I buy online
    Under my eyes I started to use pure grape seed oil it does help a bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast