My New (non)diet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking My New (non)diet!

Hi everyone! I am starting a non-diet today! It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. That's one of the reasons why I can't seem to lose weight. If I keep calling it a "diet", then I keep giving up on it. But I am making a "lifestyle change". I am changing how I live, not just how I eat.
    I have to keep reminding myself that it didn't take me 2 months to gain all this weight, and it's gonna take me more than 2 months to lose it. It's gonna take close to a year, and If I don't start now, a year is gonna get further and further away!
    I will keep you guys posted on how i'm doing (bad or good) and let you know if there is anything I find that works well.
    I am starting now! Wish me luck!

Height 5'11'' weight 227

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Talking

I am with ya.
    I won't tell you my weight, but I am 5'8" and am no longer hiding it well. *LOL*

It sure took me a couple of years to puff up. *LOL*

I'm here to cheer ya on.

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks sara

here is my update. I've already messed up! what a surprise! LOL
    but this time it feels different.
    I can't count the amount of times that I've been "dedicated" to lose weight, then I mess up once and that gives me the green light to keep messing up!
    But as I said, this time it feels different. I have never lost weight. And I want to do this for myself.
    I guess, for me the only thing that is different is that I don't care about the "losing weight" thing as much as I used to. My goal is to become healthy. I want to fill my body with vitamins and nutrients. I want to exercise to have energy, and make my body strong. I feel so disgusting inside....not to be nasty, but I can't even imagine what my heart and organs look like! And the wonderful thing about all that stuff is the more healthy my body becomes, I WILL LOSE WEIGHT!!!

I hope you all will join me in KICKING YOUR GUT IN THE BUTT!
    sorry i'm corney!

I am gonna do 1-2 weigh-ins @ work (they have one of the doctor's office-like scales)
    I am having my 1st one 2day and I will update later

THANKS FOR READING!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Hey, you are on the same diet I am!

Oh, I mean the same "non-diet"

My family has a history of heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, etc. Thankfully no diabetics yet, but I sure as heck don't want to be the first one of those.

So as of Dec. 29 I turned over a new leaf. I am watching the fat in my diet. I have cut out red meat and pork (not hard for me). I am also thinking serioulsy about eliminating chicken some time in the near future. I am eating more veggies and fruit. Trying to stay away from sugar also. I am also trying to exercise more.

Didn't weigh myself before I started, though I had a general idea. My jeans are fitting a bit better, so that must be good. But most importantly I am feeling better. Well except for the day I had cereal for 2 meals (too much milk ) and gave myself a stomach ache. lol But overall I feel much better.

So here is to a healthier me.

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Best wishes ladies!! I envy anyone who can keep to a lifestyle change that is that positive and good for you. Maybe you will be the catalyst for the rest of us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hey girls! I was a little late on the weigh-in. I did it today around noon. 226! lost 1lb!! that's a start! I hope anyone who wants to lose weight or just wants to become healthy will join me!

Even if you want to hear what's goin on, or what i'm doing (eating/exersing, etc.) feel free to email me! we'll do this together!!!!!

well it's off to the gym in a little bit! (don't think im actually going to exercise, i have work! lol~~but i'll try to jump on the treadmill for a bit!)

ill keep ya updated!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hey! just wanted to let you guys know that i have been SOOOOOOOO good! it's only been a few days, but i usually don't last more than 1 day!

Go me! Go me! (doin the whiteboy dance lol)

YAY!

lets see how much longer i can hang on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Was being so-so with everything...more on than off, though.
    Doing pretty good now. Went back to 227...weighed in today, and
    DRUMROLL, PLEASE \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ /
    --- --- --- --- --- --- (my interpretation of a drumroll...LOL)

225!!! yeah bebe!!!!

Tomorrow's goal: drink more water and go on treadmil for @least 20 min B4 I go to work

thanks for reading!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey everyone! here's my update:

I've been following the weight watchers program for a little over a week, and I weigh 221 lbs!
    Hip Hip Horray!

I've been trying to get in at least 15 min of exercise a day.

I'm doing pretty good! I'm very proud of myself!

Thanks to everyone for your support!