2019 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 11
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, our Stretch class (aka yoga) is now Pilates, with full agreement of the three remaining students. It seems like a lot of the class abandoned it when our regular teacher got the summer off. Too bad for them. Anyway, I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but I am loving the new moves.

Good job with the shopping, Ren. I know how tough it is to find healthy food you want to eat. I completely revamped our diet this spring and it was a struggle to find snacks I could have, and wanted to eat. I love bell pepper strips with hummus.

Congrats on ditching the soda. Even diet soda can mess with your insulin and cravings. I hope you see a big change from that soon.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, CH. Glad you're enjoying the stretch/Pilates/yoga class, even with the changes.

I also like bell pepper strips (with or without hummus) but I ended up picking up the baby carrots. I did get the red pepper hummus since I like that flavor the best. I'll look to see if there's any other flavors I might like, particularly in the smaller sized containers. I think I'll be more likely to use up the smaller containers instead of the larger, 'family' sized ones. I intend to pick up fruits to satisfy my cravings for sweets.

I'm not seeing a big change yet, beyond feeling a bit more energy. Not really seeing much change in weight loss or even clothing sizes yet. Then again, I've only been at this about a month. Right now, it may be simply a matter of gaining muscle, as I'm doing more exercise (mostly walking). I seem to recall the Dr. from the annual checkup clinic saying that I may not see much for the first 40 days or so and then the weight should start to come off more regularly. I guess it's a case of changing my metabolism.

I've also started taking apple cider vinegar, which is something the first Dr. suggested as well. Apparently it helps with weight loss and stopping cravings during fasts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You don't see big changes to your weight when you start exercising because you are trading fat for muscle, and muscle weighs more. You may even see your weight go up! But in the long run muscle uses more energy and you will reach the tipping point where you start to burn off the fat faster. (that is your metabolism changing) Just hang in there!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, the first Dr. said something like it may take 40 days to see any obvious loss and I'm not there yet. Of course, it probably won't be exactly 40 days. And my new PCP is looking to see if I have an issue with my thyroid, which makes it harder to lose weight. If that's the case, that means meds to regulate my thyroid, which in turn should help with the weight loss. We'll see though. I'm glad I decided to go to the annual checkup and get this ball in motion. I wasn't having much success just doing this on my own.

But my new PCP did state that losing ~15lbs could result in me getting off the BP meds. Again, maybe not exactly 15lbs but it looks like the meds have brought down my BP. They want it to be 120/80 and it was waaayyy above that before I started taking the meds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have a problem in the grocery store, my problem is the urge to bake!
    One snack I do like is graham crackers and peanut butter but once I start there is no stopping. I have an unopened box of graham crackers but have talked myself out of opening it so far. Ritz-type crackers and cheese I can be reasonable about the amounts.
    Good on the sodas. I never could figure why people would pay for bottles/cans of flavored water........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dlr, it's not even water, it's sugar or corn syrup! I sympathize with the urge to bake. I crave fresh bread, pastries, etc. Good thing pie crust is such a pain to make, or I'd never be able to stop.

As for crackers, it's the Club style I love. Good thing 4 of them is only 70 cals, I can have a reasonable snack for under 200 calories.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

One of my other favorite evening snacks: medjool dates. 66 cal apiece, no sodium. One usually does it for me. If you're craving candy, try these instead.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For the most part, I usually had Diet Cokes, which is just as bad with the artificial sweeteners. I'd have regular sodas for the non-cola sodas and those only rarely. Fortunately for me, I like flavored teas (such as Earl Grey, Raspberry Royale, etc.) which don't have sugars. And those are sweet enough to not need added sugar or honey.

CH, I'm not much of a date fan. I just never got into dates for some reason. I guess the ones I've had in the past have either been overly dry or too sticky sweet. I used to not be a fan of figs, either but one of the vendors at my local farmer's market sells them fresh. Those I enjoy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Work had a staff 'picnic' for lunch today. I did good in taking a water, rather than the Diet Coke I usually get with such things. I think I took a little more than I should have and I'm a bit overfull. Not a "I feel terrible" overfull but enough that I noticed the difference. So I think I"m getting used to smaller portions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nearly forgot to take my walk today. I did it as soon as I realized. I know if I don't do it during work, I was not likely to do it when I get home. Especially since it's getting warm and a bit humid.

Ate better today than I did over the weekend, well, Saturday at least. Then again, I went to a convention and decided to indulge for the day.

Don't know if I'm losing weight or not. I can't tell the difference in weight and/or inches. So I'm not sure if I need to tweak things a bit more. But I've been pretty good about eating less sweets and no more soda with the exception of Saturday. And that was just one with dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I've hit the self-sabotage stage. Nearly forgot to take my walk again today but did it in the end. I think I'm starting to distract myself with other things instead of heading straight out to walk when lunch time rolls around. I know I only need to do the 30 minutes of cardio (such as walking) 5x's per week but better to keep at it. But I feel like I'm huffing and puffing this week. I just hope that I don't start making excuses for not exercising.

On the other hand, I have done some T'ai Chi in the evenings the past couple of days. Only ~10 minutes but I can build up time again.

I've been pretty good about weighing myself these days and it doesn't look like I've lost anything so far. May even have regained my one pound loss. Sigh. It may be that I've gained muscle weight but it's still frustrating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll be rolling out of yoga/pilates tomorrow around lunch time, thinking of you on your walk. Hope it is a good day for you. It is warming up here, was 96 this afternoon and promising to get warmer as the week goes on.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope your yoga/pilates goes/went well. It's been getting hot and humid out here but mostly upper 80*s to ~90*. And the humidity is coming from all the rain we've had last week so the ground's been saturated. It's also supposed to get into the 90*s as the week goes on as well.

Didn't get my walk in today as I had to go to training this morning. I will likely do some T'ai Chi this evening, though. It won't be the same as getting my walk in. Then again, I think I may have needed a break since I've been pretty much doing ~30 minutes of walking in every day for the last month. I don't want to lose momentum, though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was ~95 yesterday and not too awful, mostly hot. It is cooler right now, 86, but feels very damp, like wearing a wet towel. It will get hot again today. I missed exercise this morning because we both overslept. But I have dance tonight and the teacher will want to run drills. We are less than 8 weeks from performance and she wants us to know multiple routines.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH - how was your dance class?

I remembered to get a walk in during lunch today so that's good. Now I really need to start tweaking my diet more. Granted, I don't eat as many sweets as I did a month and a half ago. But I think I need to focus on eating less carbs since I do eat more than I likely should. I have another Dr. appointment next week and I need to talk to her about my meds. I'm wondering if I'm not seeing any weight loss due to possible water retention due to the meds? I don't know but it feels like it.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast