2019 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 14
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you can get it straightened out, Ren. It's worrisome when meds cause problems.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, they had me go back to the first set of meds. That's good and bad. The rash is getting better but the meds make my feet swell, particularly in the evenings. Didn't have a good night last night. Didn't sleep well due to the rash being particularly itchy and making my skin sensitive. Finally took an Excedrin and that seemed to help enough to allow me to get ~some~ sleep last night. But now I'm exhausted.

Didn't get my walks in over the weekend because the rash was making me feel out of sorts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It can take a while to find the right meds. I'm surprised they didn't try something else besides what they know already doesn't work. Did they also prescribe a diuretic? That might help with the swelling if it's due to fluid retention.

Hope you can lose the rash soon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I had to contact the on-call Dr. who was the one who suggested going back to the original meds. I do have an appointment with my PCP this week so here's hoping that the next round of meds doesn't cause an allergic reaction. Sigh. Part of the problem is I'm still a relatively new patient with this Dr. (and medical group) so it's a case of getting to know what works and what doesn't for me. It's been so long since I had a PCP that there's a big gap in my medical history anyway.

The rash seems to be clearing up a bit. It's not as itchy although I still itch in some places. But it just makes my skin sensitive. Didn't get my walk in today, due to sheer exhaustion and the rash. I"m going to go home and pretty much just go straight to bed. The rest of the week is going to be really hot but I think, provided I feel better tomorrow, I may go to one of the local malls and take my walk there. Thankfully, they're regular malls (rather than strip malls) so I can walk in the air conditioning. They're used to having people do that, particularly early in the morning before the stores officially open.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's hard to drum up enthusiasm for exercise when you're miserable. ☹️ Try to stay with your food plan even if you can't exercise. I know how hard that is, too.

Hang in there.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Enjoy the mall AC. The heat and the humidity just make you feel worse and itch more. I'm still itchy in a few places from my chigger encounter a few weeks ago. I hope you feel better soon. I sometimes use the pain relieving anti-bac ointment or cream you can get at the drugstore, for a few hours relief. There's also the hot water method, which kept me from going insane in the night. https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/arti...rks-for-hours/
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Neighbor recommended a product called "Afterbite" for mosquitoes. It is basically baking soda and ammonia. I can see the baking soda helping. I think I remember something about ammonia for jellyfish stings? I still think a bottle of aloe vera gel is worth having on hand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh yes, Afterbite is wonderful for bug bites. I buy two tubes of it every spring. Plain kitchen ammonia will work, too.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ouch, frelling ouch! Still having issues with the rash and itching. To the point where I got no sleep Monday night and only 4 hours this morning. And Tuesdays are my Dr.'s days off.

I've tried several different antihistimines and topical anti-itch creams. Doesn't really help. The only thing I think of at the moment is to get off this darn medication.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't know what I did but I hurt all over, can barely swallow and have a headache. Staying home from maybe-yoga today. Pretty sure it is arthritis and not a cold.

Ren, I hope someone at your medical office can help you soon.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you feel better too, CH.

Welp. It is a drug related rash due to my BP meds. So right now, my Dr. took me off everything (going back to the low dose of the first meds was probably a good idea) and I see the dermatologist tomorrow. Once this clears, we'll figure out where to go next.

Right now, I just want to sleep. Then I want to get back to my exercise since I haven't been doing that with this annoying rash. But it's supposed to be hot over the weekend. Good thing there are several malls in my area where I can get my walks in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Saw the dermatologist today. Definitely a reaction to the last BP medication. Pretty much a case of ride it out with antihistimines and topical lotions to deal with the itchiness. There was a drug I could've taken but I'd rather deal with things I know I didn't have an issue with in the past. Also the drug would've caused water retention, which was an issue with the original BP meds.

Got a bit more sleep last night but not as much as I need. I think I'm going to go get a room at a hotel for Friday and Saturday so I finally get some sleep. Overtired and overstimulated with little to no sleep and the main road in/out of my apartment complex right outside my window is getting to me. This way, if I can get the right one, I can just walk across the parking lot to a mall and keep cool that way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welp, survived the weekend at the hotel. The hotel was really cold, cold enough to need the down comforter at night. Kinda regret not staying Sunday night as well as it didn't get as cool as I thought it was going to be. Feel a bit better, now that I had a chance to get some sleep. Hopefully the temps will drop today as forecast.

Didn't eat as well as I would've liked but I did get some walking done at the malls. I hadn't been able to get my walks in due to the heat and trying to get over this rash/allergy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went to the gym. No yoga teacher again. Manager says she will be back next week. Meanwhile I walked laps and did weight machines. Had a 2 hour dance practice on Monday, and likely will again tonight.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my walk in today. Yay! Missed yesterday with things being out of sorts due to a really bad storm coming through Monday evening. I'm glad to be getting back to my daily walks, although it does feel a bit rough after last week.