2019 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 16
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't get my evening walk in last night due to the thunderstorms. If it had been just rain, I probably would've gone but didn't want to risk the lightning. I did do my t'ai chi, though.

Haven't been doing that well with my food, though. Been craving sweets a bit the past couple of days. At least, I've been restricting them to before 5 pm, for the most part. I've been good about not buying candy or ice cream when I grocery-shop but we do have candy machines at work. That and one of the grad students had some sort of dessert her family sent to her from home. Oh my! It was some sort of pastry with cinnamon, sugar, and (I think) rosemary. It was amazing!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The summer yoga teacher showed up this week. It's too bad we missed so many classes, because she does a great workout. School starts next week, so I think our regular teacher will be coming back soon. Anyway, we did a killer legs/butt/lower back routine yesterday, I'll be feeling it for days.

I am trying to keep my meal planning light this month, but the reality is there are pork chops, french fries, and other things in my freezer that have to get eaten, too. Tonight I think we're going to have egg rolls with our stir fry.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad to hear you finally got your yoga. I've been meaning to try it at the local yoga place but they have limited beginner classes, if I remember correctly. I think they were on Saturday though so I can probably take a few. On the other hand, I do like my walks and t'ai chi because I can do them when I'm in the mood and have time available.

Ugh. I feel a bit overfull from lunch. It's a good thing I usually have a relatively light dinner these days.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my evening walk in last night. I've been pretty good about doing both walks this past week. Haven't lost any more weight this week but I think I've plateaued a bit. On one hand, I've been working in the second walk. On the other, I haven't been eating as well as I should have. I do need to add the weights back into my routine in order to get more upper body work done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have worked out every morning this week plus got in two hikes at the park with the dogs and one walk at home. Feeling pretty good about that. Hopefully my momentum will continue into next week.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow, Rabbit, that's great! I'm still sore from Wed.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good to hear, Rabbit. Hope your momentum does continue through the week.

Still not eating as well as I should/could but I'm finding that I'm feeling full further into the evening these days.

I got some gardening done yesterday morning *and* got my evening walk in last night. One of my neighbors is looking to join me, at least in the evenings. That's ok with me. She's a nice woman and we might walk longer/further if there's two of us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my walk in last night although not as long as I would've liked. I also walked over to a training class on the other side of campus for work. Going there and back takes about as long as my normal lunch time walk so that was its replacement. Fortunately, the forecasted rain happened while I was in class. But I don't know if I'll be able to get my walk in this evening due to the rain. I don't mind the rain itself. I just don't want to deal with a thunderstorm. But I think I'll be able to get back into my parking lot at home this evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We were working on our backyard fence last weekend and from squatting down for hours each day my inner thighs were killing me. I skipped my workouts yesterday and today but will be back to it tomorrow morning. DH bought 3 tubs of my favorite kind of ice cream. He thought he was doing a good thing since it's normally $5.79 a half gallon and it was on sale for $1.99. He did good on saving money but I find myself eating ice cream every night. Not good!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, I picked up some ice cream a couple of weeks ago since I was near a store associated with a local dairy. I wanted to try some of their ice cream. And a local ice cream store has opened a new location. Sigh. Granted, the ice cream store also sells other food (sandwiches and salads, etc) but it's also on my way home from work.

I did get my walk in last night as the forecasted thunderstorms never happened in my area. Not sure if my lunch time walk will happen, given how cloudy it is right now. But I've gotten used to doing both of them now, which is a good thing. I am concerned about keeping up with them in the winter when things get snowy. I can probably keep up with my lunch time walk since I walk around campus. Then again, I can do t'ai chi in the evening while I'm watching TV or listen to music so I can keep up with my exercise that way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

School has started so our regular yoga teacher is back. I was really enjoying the other teacher so I may look into some other classes she does. Also, they are bringing in another yoga teacher on Mondays, so I may switch it up from time to time. Sat out the last 10 mins of class because my feet hurt. I have dance practice tonight and they will get a pounding.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Enjoy the dance practice tonight, CH. I did notice a small dance place at the strip mall where the yoga place is but it looks like it's gone out of business. Oh well. I never stopped in there, thinking it was geared more for kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My back starting acting up last night so I didn't workout this morning. Eating better except the ice cream every night. I wish I could resist.

ren, how's your BP been?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not sure what my BP's been. Haven't been back to the Dr. yet. It took a while for the last of the itching from the rash to finally stop. I do have an appointment at the end of the month (set up back in July). Yeah, I know I need to control my BP. But it's sort of a Catch-22. I need to lose weight to lower my BP on a long term basis but the BP meds were making me retain water weight. (I lost 10 pounds when I went off the meds.) Right now, I"m still down the 10lbs (and a little more, depending on time of day). Then again, I've increased my exercise and have made better changes to my diet. Some things are sneaking back in but for the most part, I'm doing better on the diet aspect of things. Been eating more salads as side dishes at lunch, rather than what I had been eating before.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I'm hoping that you will see some results at your doctor visit, you've been working on it. My doctor wants me to take my BP every day so I have a home monitor. I don't always remember to take it every day but take it enough so she gets an idea of where it is. Mine is always higher at the office visits, white coat syndrome.