2019 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 17
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope I see results too, Rabbit. One of the most frustrating thing being on the BP meds is the fact that they couldn't measure my BP on more than one occasion. I'm pretty sure it was because of my meds. The main BP med caused me to retain water (I lost 10lbs once I went off the meds) and I was dealing with swollen feet and swelling in the back of my hands. My Dr. wants me to lose weight which is what I'm trying (and want) to do.

I haven't lost more than that in the past couple of weeks but I've also increased my exercise since then. I don't know if I'm adjusting to the increased exercise. I haven't been as good about the sweets as I could be but I'm getting better a bit. On one hand, there's a new ice cream store that just recently opened (or at least I noticed) near me and I've gone there a couple of times. On the other, I didn't buy candy or ice cream when I went grocery shopping last night. And I was frustrated/stressed out. I consider that a win. I even stopped in the candy aisle and just went "nope, not interested". I just need to do better on the regular food. Saturday was a bad day, I had two big meals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Blood pressure is hard to control....I watch what I eat (still don't lose weight), walk everyday and it stays the same...my weight and bp....very frustrating....I take my bp everyday....sometimes it's up and I can't for the life of me figure out why.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, well, I do need to lose the weight anyway so I'm going to focus on getting that down. If my BP improves, so much the better.

Sigh, I'm going to miss my lunch time walk because we have a lunch meeting. I hope that I can get my walk in this evening. I'll have to change my route tonight as they're doing some maintenance in my complex. But that's ok, there are other ways I can go.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm giving up, for now. It's been a year since I gained this weight and while it usually normalizes within a few months, this time it hasn't. I went out today and bought "fat pants" in my new size. I'm not going to sit in the car for 8-9 hours on our trip and be uncomfortable in tight, ill fitting clothes. Likewise I don't want to be squirming around in my seat like a little kid every time we sit down with friends while we're on vacation. So there!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do what you need to do, CH. Enjoy your vacation! Just remember to stretch every once in a while during those long road trips.

I did get my walk in yesterday evening. Also did my walk at lunch today and took a slightly different route. Good thing about that is I'm getting to know the campus a bit better as I increase my distance each time. It'll be a bit easier once we return to normal hours. Normal hours have a slightly longer lunch than summer hours. It's always neat to see new details as I walk around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, you have to be comfortable on your vacation, otherwise you won't even enjoy it. I can't believe you held out for a year! Enjoy your new pants.

Trying to get more veggies in between meals, somewhere along the way that stopped. Worked out this morning for 20 minutes, at this point whatever I do is better than nothing, I have a new foster dog that is taking up more of my time.

Like you, bwpeg, my BP is up some days for no apparent reason. It's always frustrating but because along with taking meds, I try to eat right and workout and DH (who also is on meds) does neither and his BP is always lower than mine.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think bp is mostly genetic. yes weight and diet has something to do with it but think it is more extreme like you need to lose 100lbs or stop eating a ton of fat and salt.

have to start exercising lol all the walking I did on holiday..didn't weight myself but my clothes fit the same so don't think I lost weight. lots of walking. didn't overeat or eat a ton of sweets. ate better there then here. now my body is going what happened to exercise etc lol since I have been vegging out and sleeping on soft bed.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Stress is also a factor in BP. My dance teacher is now on meds for it. She was very healthy and active, but since her husband became an invalid last year her stress levels and BP have risen.

I'm probably going to eat too much fat and calories next week, because that is the nature of restaurant food. Won't have yoga or dance practice but should get a fair amount of walking in. The week after that I have chemo again, so it will depend on how I feel after that. Hope to get back into a routine in mid Sept.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think high BP has a lot of factors. But I still need to lose the weight, even if my BP was where my dr. wants it to be.

Enjoy your vacation, CH, and I hope your chemo goes well.

Got my walk last night. I actually got more time in than previous walks. This time, I left my apartment complex and walked down to the community garden (it really is close to where I live). Didn't do any work in my plot, although I probably should. I think I'm going to work up to that. It was humid last night so I was taking it relatively easy. On one hand, I felt tired-ish. On the other hand, I felt good that I've been keeping up with the walking and not blowing it off. I've been consistent with it for the past three months. I've also been consistent on the weight but I think I may be starting to lose a bit more. I haven't gained in the past few weeks and I fluctuate a few pounds but I think I may be starting to head down again. Here's hoping.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stress could very well be my issue with BP. CH, vacations should be enjoyed with good food and comfortable pants! Nice that you can get away to relax and have fun before you start chemo again.

Foster dog drags me all over the yard when she out so I've hurt my back a bit, not bad but not good enough to workout. Sleep is also an issue since she wakes me up in the middle of the night to go out and can't be off leash so I have to walk her instead of just letting her in the yard. DH and I are going to be taking our dogs to the park tonight so at least I will get some exercise in.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope your back gets better and your foster dog calms, Rabbit.

Got my walk in last night (again out to the garden) but didn't at lunch today. I do get some exercise in every week, going to/from the laundromat but at least it's in my apartment complex. I have my LARP tomorrow so I will get some exercise there. This month, it's on the hillier camp so that'll burn more calories than just walking my usual routes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Back is getting better but slowly so still not working out. I have had to stop walking foster dog around the big yard and now just use the little yard for her. That way she doesn't yank me around. My weight is staying in the good range so I am pleased about that. I have a 5 pound range that I like to stay in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you found an alternate so you can still walk the foster dog.

I've been keeping up with my lunch and evening walks. Although last night, I ended up walking around getting some things done, rather than my usual path but I still got some time in.

I'm also eating more salads (mostly as a side, rather than the usual sides) at lunch. But I think I need to reconsider what I'm eating. I'm still pretty much holding my current weight for the past month or so. I don't know if that's because I'm converting fat to muscle with all the walking I'm doing. On the other hand, I feel I'm building up stamina, which is a good thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still getting both walks in. My lunch walk has gone down to 15 minutes but I tend to make it up in the evening. I did get some walking in by parking at the far end of the lot when I went grocery shopping but I also had my normal evening walk as well. Getting to enjoy them and sorta missing when I don't get them in.

On the other hand, it's starting to look like available food/leftovers is ramping up again at work. Summer's usually slow but we still get some leftovers from meetings and/or events. Sometimes it feels like we have food available almost once a week during the rest of the year. Well, except for December when it seems like there's some sort of event going on, practically every other day with the winter holidays.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was thinking a few nights ago about cooler weather and my wool pants. They are going to be too tight! I decided I need to start really trying now and hope to lose 5 lbs by end of October. That would be a start and make those pants more comfortable. 10 lbs by end of year would be great.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast