2019 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Definitely lost 10 lbs since the beginning of June. Still need to work on losing a lot more but hey, it's a start. I haven't been doing so well on the food aspect of things but at least I'm keeping up my walking.

One good thing is that they finally found a BP cuff that worked on me at the Dr.'s office. They couldn't measure my BP using the cuffs they had, for some reason. Turns out that my BP's down to 130 (can't remember what the bottom number is, though). That's down quite a bit but not to where my Dr. wants it. So far the new BP meds are doing ok. This one is a slight diuretic, where the others made me retain water.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good job, Ren!

I didn't lose any weight on my trip, but we ate a lot lighter than usual. DH and I only had one big restaurant meal, and I had the grilled salmon on salad. I also broke my addiction to chocolate covered raisins. Not having a ton of snacks available helped.

Loaded the fridge with fresh vegs today, so we can get back on track with regular meals.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you have proof that the eating changes and exercise are working. 10 lbs over 3 months is great, losing 1 lb/week is hard work (I know.) Just think in another 3 months you should be down another 10 lbs just doing the same things.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks!

I think I've plateaued these past couple of weeks. But I'm still taking my walks and trying to eat better. I know that plateaus happen so I'm not too discouraged. Right now, I may be converting fat to muscle, since I've been pretty consistent with my walks. (I tend not to take consistent walks on Saturdays.) But I am a little concerned about the winter with the snow and cold. I don't want to lose momentum because I can't get out to take my walks. Although I can either go to the gym at my apartment complex or do t'ai chi at home. We'll see what happens when winter comes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still walk the dog in winter unless there is ice. You just need proper footwear and clothing. I have several sets of thermal underwear but fleece-lined tights work well, with thick socks. Really, I have a lot of clothing due to the temperature extremes. Plus now you have a reason to crochet hats and scarves. I have been thinking about a "muff" which people used to stick their hands inside, I think it would be rather practical. I would probably make mine from quilted materials.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, I love my hat, scarves and sweaters. The biggest thing I'm worried about is the "oh, it's cold outside, I don't wanna go out" mindset. Getting out during the day, at lunch, probably won't be much of a problem when I can see what I'm walking on (in case of ice). It's the evening walks when it's dark out. Chances are, I'll probably cross the street and use the sidewalks like I've been doing since they're more like to be better treated. Although my complex is pretty good about cleaning up the snow on their roads. Better than the township does, really. The problem is there are no real sidewalks along the road that leads through the complex. The piles of snow can get pretty high, making it chancy while driving, let alone trying to get a walk in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, it seems my walks are definitely habit. Even when I feel like taking an evening off, I still take a short walk. That's a good thing. But that's when the weather's good. I need to check in with the leasing office to get the new fob for the gym, though. This way I can use the tread mills in the winter, in case I don't want to take my walks outside in the cold.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718