2019 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 19
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel like I'm sabotaging myself a bit with the sweets the past couple of days. I need to tweak my diet again.

On the other hand, I feel like I'm at the "I don't wanna!!" stage with my exercise. I just don't want to do it. Fortunately, once I get up and get moving, I do it. It's just the initial 'get up and go' is flagging a bit. The cooler weather may be playing a part but I'm not sure how much. Then again, I prefer to hibernate in the winter, in some respects. I generally like to kick back and watch TV when it's cold. I just have to make sure I stick with the exercise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ren, I could have written your exact post, having the same issues.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't know if sweets are involved or not, I don't think my diet has changed that much over the summer. But I've added another 5lbs of weight, meaning I've gained 15lbs since spring. Something is Not Right. Seeing my PCP next week and will talk about it, and other issues.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've lost 15.5 pounds since my checkin on August 1st, so 22.5 total. I was sick and inactive during most of that time between back problems, a stomach flu, and pneumonia though. I think I'll be ready to hit the gym for something light in a few days...I hoping to start with aqua zumba this weekend (but that's what I said last weekend...the slow recovery has been really frustrating!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Viggie, I hope you feel better soon.

CH - glad you're checking in with your PCP. Hope it's nothing serious.

Sigh. Got my lunch walk in yesterday but not the evening walk. Then again, I went grocery shopping after work and I generally park a good distance from the store to get some extra steps in. I also have been doing standing push-ups (push-ups using the wall, rather than having to get down on the ground). So I got ~some~ exercise in last night. The push-ups help with the upper body muscles which I feel I've been neglecting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm liking the fall-ish weather we are finally getting. I've walked the dog longer and should be ready for some yard work on the weekends with work slacking off. I'm enjoying the neighbors' flowers and Halloween decorations.
    2019 Weight Loss Accountability-halloween.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dlrcpa - neighbors Halloween decorations are cute!

CH - That does seem odd, glad your getting it checked out. Thyroid?

viggie - sorry to hear that you were so sick but congrats on the weight loss.

Didn't workout this morning, got up and went back to bed. At least my eating was good today.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love the neighbor's decorations, dlr.

Got my annual flu shot this morning. My work offers them but half the time I'm usually too busy or forget to get them at these clinics. I usually get them at my local pharmacy when that happens. I also picked up a brochure on my work's 'health coach' program. It's part of my work benefits so that's helpful.

Good thing about the flu shot clinic is I got my exercise in early. I walked to where the clinic was held. Today's the monthly staff lunch get-together so I was going to miss my walk at lunch. I'm glad I can still make myself get out and walk despite the "I don't wanna" stage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sigh. My exercise schedule is getting mixed up. Still trying to get my walks in but our staff meetings are usually held at lunch. (We do get fed, though.) So I won't get my lunch walk in today. Didn't get my walk in last night either. I started a sign language class last night. Now that I have a better idea of how long it takes to get there from work (it's in the opposite direction from home), I can probably get a brief walk in while I'm waiting for the class to start.

On the other hand, I didn't get dinner last night. But I was ok with that. I didn't feel that hungry. I'll have to make sure I get a good sized lunch or some sort of snack in the afternoon on those days, though.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope you're able to work something out and come to a new schedule arrangement, especially as it gets colder and darker.

We had the pilates teacher today. I arrived half an hour early and walked the track before class. I wasn't sure we were going to have a class because I noticed the yoga teacher wasn't in her early class. It was a good workout. I'm already feeling it.

In other news, my thyroid checks out fine. I'm getting new hormone supplements, and an altered dose of anxiety medication. That should help a lot. My doctor said a 15lb weight gain is not unusual for a woman in my stage of life, and there's little I can do about it. She said not to diet, just keep active and eat properly like I always do.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good to hear, both on the class and the thyroid, CH.

I've been taking my evening walks right after I get home and get some dinner. They'll still be dark once the time change happens next month but I think I'll be able to still get them in if I stay in my apartment complex. That's usually decently lit in the evenings, especially if I wear the white sweater-coat I inherited from my Mom.

The lunch time walks shouldn't be that bad, since that's during the day. Although there's a tunnel between my building and another at work so I should be able to walk around inside if needed.

I've also started doing wall 'push-ups', to get a bit more exercise in, especially for upper-body work. I tend to not want to go anywhere when I leave work, if I don't have to. Especially to exercise (outside of walking). I can go to the apartment complex's gym if I need to. That's free to residents so I just need to get a new door fob. (They've changed it since I picked mine up.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my walk in last night, despite the rain. I did walk a bit faster than normal but at least I got something in.

Not sure about my lunch walk today, since I'll be running around at work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my walk in last night but not my lunch break walk. I could've used the lunch walk, though. I was a bit stressed during the day. I was thinking I was just going to kick back and not do anything last night. But fortunately, the walks are now a bit of a habit. So I got out for a short walk after dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my workout in yesterday morning but not today. Was up last night with coughing so slept in today before work. I'm doing pretty good with food choices, could be better but alright.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Feel better, Rabbit!

I'm not doing well with food choices. Sigh. That's always a problem with me.

Did get two walks in yesterday. Also got some exercise in on Saturday since I was at my LARP.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast