2019 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I came back from a vacation to the Southwest with a 6lb chili and sopaipilla baby (nothing like hot soup and fried dough!) so, I'm trying to take that off. So far I've manage to curb the over eating and work out 3x or more a week, though not at the intensity I was at last fall. A couple of colds and a vacation meant 6 weeks away from the gym...oops! Here's hoping I can keep at it with you all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome aboard, Maggie! Easing back into better habits is a good thing.

I've been good with not buying candy at lunch for the last couple of months. I do have a couple of lapses but in general I'm pretty good. I'm working on buying less from the grocery store. I've also noticed that I'm buying healthier cereals, rather the sugary one I had been before.

I picked up a bag full of apples at the last farmer's market (a little over a week ago). I want to eat healthier this year and that means getting more fruits and veggies. The next market is this coming this Saturday. I just hope the forecasted storm holds off long enough for the market to happen. This way I can pick up more apples and some veggies for soup.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Back into my workout habit but my eating choices still need work.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm the opposite, Rabbit. I'm doing better with the eating choices but not getting the exercise in as much as I should.

Been doing good with not stress eating the past few days. Of course, I'm caught between having a bit more energy due to trying to eat better and not sleeping that well due to a stressful few days and just the miserable cold weather. Sigh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm behind both of you because I'm not doing much of anything I should be.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Taking time to recoup may be what you need right now, SD. Still have your cheering section here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Ren. My biggest problem is I can't stop obsessing about the angel gowns so I'm not taking time to TM or plan and track my food. Not good.

I need to TM at least 30 minutes as soon as I get up in the AM. That would help a lot. We've mostly quit dragging junk food into the house. That's helped a little. Bad habits are creeping back in and I can't allow that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck, SD. Recognizing where/what bad habits are creeping back in is a good thing, especially when you can catch that early.

I did slip up a little yesterday with the sweets. But I behaved myself this morning. I didn't buy candy at the pharmacy when I stopped in to pick something up. The pharmacy has a candy bar I like that I generally don't see most other places.

On the other hand, I started using the stairs more when I leave work. I had gotten used to using the elevator when my knee was acting up middle of last year. It hasn't been acting up for a while but I was being lazy. Now that the cold weather's here, I'm trying to stay in the warmth of the building for as long as I can. Using the stairs forces me to go a different route.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I TMed 30 minutes today, so I'm hoping to get back into the habit and work back up to where I was. Now to get back into tracking my food. If I can do those two things, I will start losing again.

I need to restock the freezer with prepared WW meals, too.

Need to clean the fresh veggies that are in the fridge so they're available on demand.

I can make this a good, successful day, or another failure. I need to keep reminding myself the choice is all mine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

renmerc, I too have found a way to use stairs more. We don't have recycling anymore in our area but I can take it to work with me so I have been saving it in large garbage bags in my basement. When I have a full bag I take it to work with me. So what I have been doing for a couple of months is, EVERY TIME I have something for the recycling bag, I take it downstairs right then. This has made me run up and down the stairs anywhere from 5 times a day to 6,000 times a day. Okay, not that much but it feels like it some days! I used to just pile it on the top stair and grab it on my way down to feed the cats or grab someone from my stockpile but now I do it whenever I have something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, sometimes I feel that way when I wash my clothes. I used to stop by my parents' place to use their washer/dryer. Since Mom died and Dad moved closer to one of my other sisters, I have to use the laundromat in my apartment complex. I have to walk back and forth between my building and the laundromat since there are no seats. I refuse to drive back and forth since it's probably shorter and quicker to walk as well as a waste of gas. So I get a lot more steps in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Only 20 minutes from my workout goal for the week. Easy enough to get that in tomorrow. So far, food choices today have been good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been bad the past couple of days with the sweets. Need to get back on track. But I'm also working on eating more fruit on a regular basis. I picked up a bag of apples from the local orchard at the farmer's market over the weekend. I could just go straight to the orchard but I was going to the market anyway. Also made a batch of chili with onions, turnips, and a bell pepper. Finally figured out how to cook with dried beans so they're not hard when I make my chili.

Noticed the recipe for a ham/lentil soup on the back of the bag of lentils. I might try that this winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's sooo hard to get back on track, this is something I am working on also. I'm going to keep at it until I get there. I always have a healthy breakfast and lunch, after that I start to go down hill.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Saturday was a 'bad' day, weight loss-wise. On one hand, I did get more walking in, now that the living history farm is open again but I ended up getting the larger sized dessert instead of the smaller sized one that I usually get.

But I did listen to the weight loss self-hypnosis CD again. I find that helps me stay on track better than when I don't listen to it. At least it makes me more aware of my choices.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast