2019 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 20
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been doing pretty good with getting my walks in, for the most part. Saturday was the only day I didn't get any walks in but I ended up standing for several hours. I was at a Harvest event, which was fun because it was at a historical site. So they brought in historical re-enactors who set up tables to talk about doing preserving. They couldn't do any actual preserving since they weren't allowed to have fires on site.

But I did get my walk in Sunday morning at the local mall before I went to brunch. During the warmer weather, Sundays are my usual days to get my gardening done. But since the gardening season's pretty much over, I'm now making a point of going to the mall for my walks. I'm also doing wall push-ups for my upper body exercise.

Now I really need to work on doing better with my food choices.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good job ren getting your workouts in. I haven't been doing mine the 6 days a week that I should be but hit at least 4 mornings. Need to work on getting back up to 6 days. I need to also get my free weight workouts in too.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Rabbit. Hope you're able to work back up to your 6-day workouts.

One of the things I was worried about was still getting out as the weather got worse. So far so good but I think next week will be the real clincher. The temps are forecast to be chilly during the day and drop into the 30*'s at night. At least I know I will still get my early exercise in on Sundays before brunch. I've also been thinking about getting the access fob to the complex gym updated for the really bad weather. Now that the leasing office extended its hours on Thursdays, I can get that done.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still getting the walks in, despite the chilly temps. Tonight will likely be a test, though since it'll be dark when I get home from work.

I'm also proud of myself. I went grocery shopping yesterday and didn't even look at either the ice cream or candy aisles. I did go to a different store than I usually do since it was in the same strip mall as the coffee shop I go to on Sundays. I think my usual store is a bit cheaper but I think I'll still sign up for the discount card/club for this new store anyway. Between the road near work being closed and the holiday season coming up, going to this different store on Sundays may be my best bet for grocery shopping. This strip mall is mostly restaurants and the grocery store so it won't get slammed like the mall where my usual store will be. (That mall has a lot of large box stores and a terrible parking lot.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm pleased to say that I'm still keeping up with my walks, even with the cold weather. I'm also keeping up with my wall push-ups although I do those more sporadically than my walks. I do need to stop by my leasing office to update my fob to the gym, though. The gym is free to residents but I have never been a gym person. Then again, I was never really athletic to begin with. I tend to prefer going for a walk or doing t'ai chi.

On the other hand, I'm starting to crave more comfort foods like soup with the days getting colder. Good thing the grocery store I regularly go to (and the one by the coffee shop I write at) have good soups that seem to be made in house and not just the processed stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Blah. Didn't get my walks in at all yesterday. I did do some t'ai chi and my wall pushups though. Looks like I probably won't get them in today either. Lunch meeting today and then my sign language class tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't get my workout in this morning, will try to do extra tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yay! Got my walk in last night, despite it being dark and cold outside. Also going to have a bit of a hike at lunch today (monthly staff lunch get-together, not a business meeting). We're going to another building on the other side of campus. I may or may not take a walk after work since I'll be getting my 30-minute walk in during the day.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Have a good walk!

I skipped yoga yesterday due to feeling achy and the cold temps. But I got dance practice in during the evening. Still feeling achy but it is 15 degrees warmer than yesterday so I am going out to run errands and will get a little movement in.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, thanks. Glad you were still able to get to your dance class.

I was a little afraid I would give up walking when the weather got cold but so far so good. It's warmer here today than it was yesterday as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did something to my back yesterday so no workouts for me until its better. I'm hoping by Monday I'll be able to.

CH - hope your achiness goes away.

ren - good job on still getting your workouts in even though the weather is cold. Your tougher than I am! Inside workouts for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope your back gets better soon, Rabbit. Trust me, I'm really starting to eye up the gym at my apartment complex for the really bad weather. The lunch walks aren't that bad since they're during the day. The night walks are a bit iffy. But I've started to do them right after I get home - pretty much just drop my purse off at home then turn around and go take a walk. Otherwise, I'd probably start justifying why I should not do it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to do my walk last night but took on in the morning. Then again, I went to my LARP on Saturday and did a lot of moving around there.

I think I'm starting to feel like I'm doing something right. I may not be losing actual pounds but I think I"m losing inches, even if it's just incremental at this point. I've been exercising regularly for the last six months so I may be gaining ~some~ muscle mass. I put on a pair of jeans over the weekend that I haven't worn in a while and they were finally comfortable. They weren't entirely bad before but they were skinny jeans. I'm not a fan of skinny jeans but that's what the store had at the time. (Sigh!) But this weekend, they didn't seem as clingy as they had been in the past, if that makes any sense.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my evening walk in last night, despite the rain. I was kinda worried that I'd lose momentum in keeping up my exercise routine as the temps got colder and it getting dark earlier. But it looks like I probably won't get in either of my walks today. I forgot we had a staff outing (we do this occasionally) and then I have my sign language class tonight. I might pass on the class tonight, though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have skinny jeans too that aren't as clingy as they used to be, isn't that a good feeling?!

Got my workout in this morning. Been doing a lot of walking around the yard with the dogs too, twice a day.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101718192021 LastLast