2019 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, if you're struggling in the afternoon, examine your fiber and protein intake earlier in the day. Not getting enough of either can make a big difference. Drinking enough water can help, too. Winter air is dry, so extra water might be needed.

Sounds like you're getting back on track, Ren.

I'm working on eating less and eating better. I regained 8 pounds and I can't keep backtracking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks SD. It's more of an issue of my busy part of the day is over and then I fall back into the bad eating habits I developed over the holidays. Even though healthy choices are available, I still want to go for the unhealthy ones. I started reading "Forks over Knives" this morning so I think this will help me get back on track. I'm only a few pages in and already I'm getting scared straight.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks but I think I may be doing something right. I put on some jeans this morning (not normal work attire for me but darn it! it's cold!) and they seem to be looser than I remember. They're the skinny jeans so they tend to be tighter than I prefer (more spandex than usual). But they don't seem to be as tight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

renmerc, that is awesome! I'm still scared to try my jeans on. Worked out this morning, haven't been due to my back bothering me so it was nice to get back into it again, plus it kept me warm.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sigh. Just realized the jeans were the larger sized pair that I had picked up because I HATE the feel/cut of skinny jeans. Problem is, skinny jeans are **everywhere**.

On the upside, I am working in more fruits into my diet. I'm trying to eat better in general and I'm doing better in doing that. Still a long way to go though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I managed to regain almost 10 pounds. What a stupid thing to do. It's showing back and knee pain. Can't have that.

This week is going better. I knew a lot of the gain was sodium. So far this week I'm down 2.6. I have 2 blue dot days in a row now. Lots of work to do yet, but it's a start.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's helpful to see others are struggling! I managed a low calorie week last week. I think it was my investment in eggs. 2 eggs for breakfast with a piece of fruit and I am NOT hungry all day. I also managed to not eat much added sugar last week. THIS week...the copier company at work dropped off a box of sugary chemically cookies and I ate most of them. Dang it! Then I'm hungry for days. Also out of eggs and hardly anyone here has chickens laying right now so I haven't found any worth buying. I hit the food co-op this afternoon and hopefully I can get some decent eggs. Even breakfast of meat or nuts and fruit just doesn't hold me until lunch and I start snacking.

Oh well...soldiering on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This week's just been stressful. So I"m stress-eating but I'm trying to keep that in check as much as possible. I'm trying to make my T'ai Chi back into a habit as I haven't been exercising as much with the cold weather. I'm also hoping getting out on weekends now that the living history farm's open again will motivate me to get more exercise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still working on getting my good eating/exercise habits back, doing okay but could be doing better. So far worked out 3 mornings this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No exercise for me again, but I'm doing much better with food. Down 3.9 since Sunday, all salt weight, I'm sure, but it's encouraging. I'm keeping busy which helps.

Eggs are good low cal protein, which does help knock down hunger. I'm getting back to air frying a package of chicken, cut into strips, to have in the fridge for a snack when I get hungry or for a meal on short notice. Also good hunger-zapping protein.

I've strategically planned leftovers all week, so very little cooking or mess which helps, too. I have beans soaking in the Crockpot and ham all cubed and ready to go. I will cut up veggies tomorrow for a big pot of soup for the weekend, so I won't have to put much thought into my food. That's always a big help to me.

I've reset my current goal to dump 5 of the 10 I regained. I hope it won't take long. I'm mad at myself for having to have the same dang goal I got a reward for not long ago. No reward for do-overs. But once I get to this first goal, I will reset for another 5 which will get me back into VFT and therefore eligible for a reward. I was so close when I started regaining, but not quite there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm slowly loosing the Christmas pounds, a couple more pounds lost and I will be back in my jeans. Still working out 4-5 mornings a week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I'm up again. Thank you, Husby, and cookies and brownies. But i have to relearn how to JUST SAY NO.

I AFed 2 pkgs of chicken breast for snacks and whatever, so that should help. I'm liking my AF oven more and more. It will pay for itself eventually. I don't think we've bought the $4/lb grilled chicken at the store since we bought the oven, and are now using .99 chicken we AF ourselves instead. Lots of money saved because we were eating a lot of the expensive chicken for a while. That was a big factor in giving up the money and counter space for the oven.

Having cooked chicken waiting in the fridge is a great weapon in my war on weight. There are so many ways to use it, it saves me a lot of times when I'm tired and don't want to cook.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been buying DH store bought cookies, those I can resist. Now homemade cookies.............that's where my weakness is!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's the store cookies getting me in trouble, and I don't even like them. I think it's anxiety. I don't feel anxious, but with all the bad stuff happening in the country right now, I know I'm internalizing that, and now on a personal level with Husby about to retire, that's making me nervous, too. So I've been eating my emotions. I think Husby is, too, so we enable each other.

I'm up again today. And I was so optimistic earlier this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, I've been dealing with stress eating as well. And my work tends to have food available from lunch meetings on a regular basis. I had been pretty good about not taking any of that but I've slipped up a bit.

But I'm trying to work in more exercise, even if it's just T'ai Chi and using the steps at work a bit more.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast