2019 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bad day yesterday. Just a lot of bored/stress eating and not even good food to counterbalance it. Sigh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a bad day yesterday too, renmerc. So far I'm doing good today. I feel like I'm not getting enough water though, will have to track that better.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not getting anywhere either.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I need to increase my water intake as well. I think part of the reason I'm coughing so much may be because it's extremely dry indoors these days. I don't seem to have as much of a problem ~outside~ with everything being so wet lately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Doing so-so on my weight loss journey. I am starting to pay attention more to the listed calories when I go out to eat but sabotage myself by still getting larger desserts than I really need. To offset the issue on Saturday, I had just an apple and a small amount of cheese for dinner later that evening. I wasn't hungry for much else that night.

I think once the weather warms up and I can get out more, I'll get more exercise in. Especially once the gardening season starts. I hope I can use what I learn in the herbalism class with the herb plot at the community garden. It's more on me to use the knowledge I learn than anything else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Renmerc: "so-so" is better than i did last week! I really have to stay away from sweets. Just one and I go down the rabbit hole of sugary-goodness.
    This week I am re-re-re-refocusing and trying to get back to no-added sugar and home cooked real-food meals. But of course I have a meeting with a big corporation tomorrow and they will have delicious cookies sitting there. Maybe if I put my back to the cookies...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I too have a issue with sweets, one and I'm off to the races! I have been doing well lately. I started a no sweets March, so far I'm 4 days in and haven't had any. Very hard and I think I'm going through withdrawals. Every time I want something sweet, usually in the evenings, I have fruit. So far so good. Keeping up with my morning workouts too. Didn't this morning though, I took a fall at work yesterday and hurt my hip, shoulder, knee and wrist so I'm taking it easy. Hope to get back to it in a day or two so I can get my minimum minutes in this week. As of yesterday I am back to fitting in my jeans too. I haven't been able to wear them since Christmas!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been having a bad couple of days, diet-wise. Likely because the last few days have been stressful and I tend to stress eat. Yesterday was particularly bad because there was a staff outing with very carb heavy food (pizza, doughnuts, cheesesteak). On one hand, there wasn't much choice of what was available. On the other hand, I think the cheesesteak I had may have put me off it for a while. Not that I got sick from it. Just that I now have a sort of funky taste associated with it. We'll see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry you're struggling, Ren. I know the feeling well. All we can do is pick up from right now and move on.

The past week has been somewhat chaotic here as the dust starts to settle after Husby's retirement. I was planning to restart today but we have to go out of town again Friday for more retirement paperwork. I failed miserably planning food for our trip yesterday, so maybe I can do better this next time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

True. Hope things settle quickly for you SD.

One good thing, going forward, is that the gardening season will be starting soon in my community garden. That will get me out of the house more often and exercising. That and the weekly farmer's market will be opening in May. I'm hoping this year will be better than last year. Last year, I spent most of my weekends (and evenings) holed up at home, mostly mentally exhausted after taking care of my parents and then selling their house. I'm finally starting to look at getting out more and figuring out what *I* want to do for myself. So I'm hoping that translates into getting more exercise as well, even just walking outside more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You had a hellish year last year, Ren. My hope for you is for a better year this year. It takes a while to unwind from the physical and mental stress of events like that.

I don't think the retirement stuff will be too much trouble. It's just having to run all over the countryside getting pension and stuff started. It's not really stressful, just out of our routine. The paperwork Friday should almost be the end of it. We were going to get it over with tomorrow, but the brakes on the truck were acting up. Those will be repaired tomorrow, so we can go Friday. It still feels weird we can change plans like that without having to make arrangements, but I suspect we'll get used to that quite quickly. 😀

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I am on day 20 of having no sweets. It has not been easy although it's getting somewhat easier. I realized last weekend that I use sweets as my "painkiller". I have been having a rough time with stress lately and had a light bulb moment that it's because when I'm stressed, angry, sad, anxious, mad, ect. I eat sweets and then I feel better. At least for a short time. Now that I have not been eating sweets I don't have any "painkiller" to fall back on. It's been enlightening for sure and I'm finding other ways to handle my emotions.

Still trying to get my minimum minutes of workout in a week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit - that's a good analogy and a lot of how I've been eating. Especially the sweets.

SD - thanks. 2016 and 2017 were the really bad years. Last year was just blah. Feel like I went into automaton mode. Hopefully this year will be better. The herbalism class was a good start but tonight's the last session. I'll just have to keep an eye out for more. Although I could go back to writing on Thursday nights at the Meetup group. (They have Tuesday and Thursday sessions at a different location than the Sunday ones.)

Did some Tai Chi last night. Got in 20 minutes. I created a sort of playlist to listen to while I do my Tai Chi a few years back. So I put that on and it was easy to put in the 20 minutes that way. It's not much but it's a start. I think I slept a bit better. We'll see if that's the case.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will admit, with DH in the hospital yesterday I came home, opened the bag of cookies but stopped myself there, aside from smelling them.
    Have not worked out for a couple of days, hoping to get back to it tomorrow morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, I 'foraged' a bag of cookies for my herbalism class from another meeting at the same site that ended before mine. Fortunately, most of them went back to the site untouched.

Right now, I'm a bit frustrated. Had a noise complaint from a neighbor. On one hand, the squeaking noise is likely my chair and I need to put some oil or something on it to deal with that. On the other, I'm pretty sure the other part of the complaint isn't my fault. There's another neighbor who is making a lot of banging noises that are coming through the shared wall. I'm hearing it as is the other neighbor next to her. The problem is I've been complaining about this other neighbor for the past six months or so.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast