2019 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 6
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was bad on Saturday since I went out to dinner. But that was my one big meal of the day and I didn't really have dinner later. I also worked in the garden for two hours so that should balance things out. But I do need to get more exercise in on a daily basis. I've been pretty lazy these last few weeks. I also need to cut down on the sweets, which has been a perennial problem for me.

Another problem is that work tends to have food easily available at least once a weeks. Sigh.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I'm getting in more exercise now that the gardening season has started. I put in about 3 hours of gardening on Saturday, although I didn't push myself too much. Also got in some gardening yesterday evening - only about 30 minutes or so. But I really wanted to get into the garden last night and I actually did, rather than just thinking about it. I feel better for having done that. I just have to keep it up.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been a little lax in my workouts and good eating so will have to get back to that.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good for you! not watching my sweets but did go to workout yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still been bad about getting more exercise and eating less sweets. But I'm going to an annual physical exam through my work. I need to start doing that on a regular basis. I haven't been doing that in the past but I can do something about it now.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, it's been 4 months and here's what happened. Jan 14 I stopped eating dairy, alcohol, and added sugar. Daily coffee drink and pastry went to once a week or less. Holiday parties were over so it was easy to say "no thanks" when drinks were offered at gatherings. Sugar has never really been my thing so I was able to cut back without a lot of pain. I also removed a lot of convenience foods (frozen meals, packaged foods) from the freezer and pantry. I started tracking meals and snacks, which really helped to see where I was going wrong, and helped keep me on track. I cut calories from a high of ~2700 daily to ~1500 daily. As the weather improved I was able to get my weekly trip to the gym and resume dance classes.

6 weeks later I had lost 5 lbs. and was feeling pretty good overall with the dietary changes. We were eating more vegetables and fruit, and leaner meats.

6 more weeks and I had put it back on again. WTF? I'm not gaining that much muscle, I'm not doing strength training. My waistline hasn't changed, even with the initial loss. I don't know what's going on.

The end of April we went on vacation and I didn't track anything and haven't for 2 weeks now. I've been eating whatever I want, and nothing is changing. Granted, we're still eating healthy-ish, not tubs of ice cream or buckets of fried chicken. I don't know what to do and I'm frustrated. I can't imagine cutting calories any lower and being able to maintain that long term. I'm not willing to give up the few pleasures I have left (my daily 1 strip of bacon, for instance) or switch to a completely plant based diet. I'm exercising as much as I can, with my inflammation levels and joint damage. I can't risk hurting myself.

Anyway, that's where I'm at.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Argh. I'm trying to get an annual physical done (haven't had one done in years) and they moved the appointment from the time ~~I~~ wanted to earlier in the day because the building they're going to be held at will close early. Or so they say. This is something that's being held at work and relatively close to my building and is 'free'. At least it sounds like no co-pay. Of course, they didn't tell me the timeslot I wanted was not available until the day before.... barely.

I want to eat healthier and lose weight so this is a first step but it's frustrating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, turns out I have high blood pressure. Can't say I'm entirely too surprised by that since I'm overweight and haven't been eating healthy. At least this has pushed me to finally get a Primary Care Physician after all these years. And the PCP's office is relatively close to work. I have an appointment on Friday with the new (potential) PCP. Good thing is, I have insurance and this PCP is in-network. This will be good, considering the potential need to get vaccinations. I work at a place where there are a lot of young adults. Nothing against them - just the potential for viruses spreading. There were cases of meningitis and chicken pox in the last few years.

The doctor I met with gave me some advice on how to lose the weight. Basically, my biggest meal should be breakfast, lunch should be relatively light (definitely lighter than it is), and pretty much just veggies in the evening to stave off the worst cravings. Need to cut down on salt (not much of a problem outside of processed foods) and cheese (more of a problem - I LOVE cheese). Dinner has been my lightest meal anyway in the last year or so and I can pick up salad mixes at the local farmer's market now that it's open. The bigger issue is that lunch has been my big meal of the day.

On the other hand, I need to increase my exercise. I could probably do a bit more walking either around the atrium at work or track right next to my building. I also can/need to do more t'ai chi so I don't stress my knees.

Every little bit helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been doing more walking in the last week. I do need to lose the weight to get off the meds I now need to take to control my high blood pressure. At least my new PCP started me on the lowest dose until we see if it lowers my BP enough. I've also been trying to eat healthier and wean myself off eating in the evenings. That's been one of my problems - I tend to eat most of my sweets in the evening.

At least I'm not diabetic at this point, which kind of surprises me, given my diet up to this point. I really don't want to add any more meds than I have to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looks like I can get a good amount of walking done at work. There's an area/path on campus that will take me about 30 minutes to walk, which is the amount of time recommended by my doctor (and most other places). I can increase the distance as my pace increases.

But right now, I'm hungry because I'm still getting used to the new dietary instructions (food during the day, little to none in the evening - after 5 pm was suggested). That and the cafe in my building was limited to soups and 'grab-n-go' stuff. Lunch has become my largest meal of the day. Next week's going to be worse when the cafe's going to be closed. On the other hand, there's usually food around at work. I just need to make sure that I don't overindulge on the calorie/carb-rich stuff.

Veggies were suggested in the evening to curb the worst of feeling hungry but I still need to figure out how to balance things, particularly snacks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's great that you can get your walk in at work. That way when you get home from work and are tired, it's already done! Great job on starting to make the necessary changes in your diet, your doctor will be pleased at your next checkup.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Rabbit. I've been wanting to lose weight for a while. This just gave me the needed push to do it. I'm a little concerned about when the regular lunch menu comes back in a week and a half. I think part of my problem is large portions at lunch. (Sweets are a big issue too.) And it's one of the reasons why I started this thread, to keep me going.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sigh. The path I thought would take longer actually didn't take as long as I thought it would. Oh well. I added a bit more time/distance by walking around my building. The doctor did mention only needing 30 minutes of walking (cardio) 5x's per week but I've been doing it every day, mostly to get into the habit. If I don't do it, I may end up giving myself reasons not to walk/exercise. Doing it at work for the moment avoids the "I'm home and tired" or the "oh, the weather's crap" excuses.

I've weighed myself almost every day for the past week. I think I may have lost a pound or two. It's probably water weight at this point though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday was a bit better, lunch-wise. I wasn't hungry yesterday afternoon. I guess I need to have a larger salad if I'm going to go that route.

Sigh. Looks like rain again this afternoon. I'm glad I found a way to deal with getting the exercise in anyway. Nowhere near the post-gym rush feeling. It just makes me feel tired more than anything else. But I know I have to keep up with it, in order to lose the weight. Then again, it's only been a week since I really started putting the effort into it so I shouldn't be surprised.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Evening snacks were tough for me as well. As the day calmed down and I had less to be occupied with I found myself wanting to snack more. It's what the brain does. I found that really strongly flavored snacks satiated best. Things like sweet chili flavored rice crisps from the asian grocery, popcorn with spices added, and foods with a bit of oil: nuts, nut butter, and olives. This made me feel like I had eaten something. Adding some apple slices or veggie sticks gives you a lot of fullness without a lot of calories, too.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast