2019 Weight Loss Accountability
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2019 Weight Loss Accountability

Since I'm likely to be away from the forums next week, I'm starting the new version of the Weight Loss Accountability thread for 2019 now. Happy Holidays!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Subscribed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, SD. Even though I know I've done badly the past few weeks, doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying. Glad to have you along for the journey!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

🙂

I'm not making progress, but I'm maintaining at a 3 lb regain. Considering the crap food I've been eating and the lack of exercise, I can't complain. I plan to get back to it soon. I'm down 28 in the past year and would like to lose at least that much more in 2019. I know this thread will help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad to see that the 2019 was started because renmerc was going to be away for awhile. At first when I saw the new thread I thought we were all throwing in the towel on 2018! Hahaha! Still plugging along trying to not gain during the holidays.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

me too i must lose weight or get hit with higher costs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've regained about 6 pounds. That can't go on. I'm coasting into 2019, but come Wednesday I need to get back on track. My goal is to lose the 6 plus another 40. There, I said it. Now I have to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Saying isn't doing, and I've been saying this too long now without doing what I need to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome back to the accountability thread!! Nope, definitely not throwing in the towel.

I think I maintained over my vacation. I only weighed myself once while I was off and it was about the same as before. I only have two New Year's resolutions: 1. Eat healthier and 2. Write more.

I did find that I mostly ate one big meal a day on vacation, although that wasn't always the healthiest of meals. So I need to get back to eating better and healthier from now on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I for one did through in the towel right around December 24th. It has been a struggle to get my mindset right again. Slowly working on it this weekend and am planning on jumping in again with both feet tomorrow. Starting with my 5:30 am workout.

It is a mystery to me why when I eat right and workout that I feel so good and yet the bad food choices have such a pull on me, knowing that I am going to feel crummy and lethargic. It's like a drug...............

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

meant to say "throw in the towel"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, I get what you mean. The last two weeks or so of 2018, I decided I wasn't going to push myself into eating healthier. I decided I was going to enjoy the holidays but did keep it in the back of mind that I'd pick it up again in the new year. The self-hypnosis CD I've been listening to for the last several months has been helping me keep at this. It's pretty motivational so that I keep with changing my eating habits. It didn't happen immediately, but I've been noticing some changes in how I think about things, food-wise. (Here's the link to the website for the cd: https://www.potentialsunlimited.com/.)

For starters, I used to have the occasional beer and wine when I eat out (usually just on Saturday). I've started to not have them or ordering less in the past few weeks.

I've also noticed that I'm starting to work on cutting back on sweets. That's my biggest hurdle at the moment. But I've stopped buying candy at lunch and started to cut back a little at home. I do still have sweets but I'm trying to have them less. For example, over the holidays, I either didn't order dessert at all or ordered a smaller portion.

I also noticed that I've been getting healthier cereals when shopping at the grocery store as well as picking up more fruit.

At this time, I still have a long way to go and have a general goal of losing 20 lbs this year (eep, that's a bit scary actually putting that in writing). But for the most part, my main goal this year is eating better and healthier. Exercising more is important but I think I'm taking things in small steps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked out this morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I joined Weight Watchers around the first of October and have lost 17 pounds since then. Honestly, I've done the program pretty half assed over the holiday season.

I'm back on track now and looking forward to losing a good amount of weight this year. My mother in law signed up this weekend and hubby has said he will follow it. Let's hope there is much weight loss in the coming year!
    2018/2019 Pay Off the Windows Challenge: $26,886.34/$31,057.34 (Goal: Pay Off By 12/31/2019)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like we all have solid plans for making some progress this year.

We eat WW recipes more often than not around here. Husby has never had a weight problem. I figured he'd complain about eating WW foods so I "forgot" to tell him when I switched over. Oops! When he found out a couple years later, he started to gripe till I reminded him he'd been eating that way for 2 years. It was hilarious! He's perfectly okay with it now and has been for years.

I've lost a few pounds but it's all fluid, I'm sure. Still having trouble getting motivated so I may have to resort to the theory of DO IT ANYWAY.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked out this morning. One step at a time, I'm hoping better food choices will follow eventually.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast