2020 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Four days a week is still a good thing though, Rabbit. And yeah, some days, if I don't walk at lunch, I likely won't in the evenings either. I'm actually getting in my evening walks more often these days than I have in the past few months.

Sigh. I do need to do better on my food intake and plan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did a 40 minute workout this morning so if I can get in a 20 minute workout on Saturday at least I will get 5 days in this week.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't get any walks in yesterday but did have a light dinner in the evening.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got two walks in yesterday, my usual one before breakfast and then one in the evening. Also had early dinners both days and no snacks later. I think I'm getting out more often now there's more daylight in general.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been a bit hit or miss on the walks the past few days and the food part of it has been pretty iffy as well. I really need to get back into my walks and eating better. At least the weather's getting better so I'm pretty sure I will get more walks in soon enough.

On the other hand, I did start using my one free weight again this morning. Not much but it's more than I had been in some time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My eating has been iffy too and I'm only averaging 4 days of working out a week. Better than nothing but I wish I could get it together. Way too many sweets lately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, same here. Waaaay too many sweets lately. I think part of it was due to my period last week. Sigh. I hope with better weather, longer days, and the gardening/farmer's market season coming soon, that I'll get back on track again.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Same here. I tend to avoid the gym in the winter because of the bitter cold and snow. Not only am I planning to get to the gym every week this month I am starting yard work. DH trimmed trees and bushes last fall and left it all in the back yard. It has to be moved to the fence line or broken up for firewood before anything else. Before the grass comes back. Before I can turn over my garden. Before I can get liberal with the weed sprayer.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yay for better weather. Granted, this winter has been warm, definitely warmer than it should have been. But I'm glad to have the warm weather for my walks.

I was able to get two walks in yesterday, my usual pre-brunch walk and an evening walk. Now that DST has started, I might get more evening walks in, going forward. I think part of the problem I had in the winter wasn't the weather/temps but the dark in the evenings. I just wanted to get home and kick back in the evenings when it was dark.

One good thing I've noticed is that I'm not out of breath when putting some exercise in. I used to when I first started and would take things slow. Now I can increase my pace a bit, although I'm nowhere near jogging.

On the downside, I have to do better on the food side of things. I know I tend to stress eat and I have to make sure I eat better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree, yay for better weather. It is the cold that keeps me in during the winter and I missed a lot of trips to the gym. I'm glad it's warming up, it's much easier to eat salads and lighter food when I'm not freezing.

I looked at some "diet plans", and find that the Flexitarian and Okinawan diets appeal to me. Neither is a strict regiment of measured portions. Both are heavy on the vegetables and fresh fruit, with beans and whole grains next on the list. Seafood and meat are eaten in smaller portions. Dairy and fats allowed, in moderation. Sweets, processed foods and junk foods on rare occasions. Neither plan forbids any food group entirely, or restricts items like coffee, sodium or fried food. Most importantly for me, I can keep eating most of what is in my fridge already. I hate quinoa and yogurt and so many diet plans have that over and over again in their menus. And chickpeas. What is with chickpeas lately? I like them once in a while but not as a substitution for chicken, pasta, or potatoes. I don't want chickpea brownies, "potato" salad, or guacamole substitute.

Anyway, the big change is going to be adding even more vegetables and whole grains to our meals. I wish I lived near the coast and could get a better variety of seafood (and DH wasn't allergic to shellfish) but we'll continue working with what we can get.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, it's a lot easier to eat salads, fruits, and veggies in the warmer months. I regularly got to my local farmer's market. I just need to get out of my comfort zone and get more fruits/veggies. I like yogurt and one of the vendors at the market has an amazing vanilla yogurt. I should start picking that up again, especially since I like putting in frozen berries in it.

I think I should look into the flexitarian diet. I don't mind leaning toward a plant-based diet but I don't want to give up dairy. One good thing that I've incorporated so far is eating more salads at work. My work has a small salad bar but it has enough to satisfy me. I just need to cut back on the sweets and meats.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My local farmer's market is not happening this weekend, due to the location being closed. (The market has been setting up in a local mall every other week since January and is scheduled to run through April.) Oh well, I can go to a couple of the vendors' farm stores since their in the area. Hopefully, depending on how many people will show up on Saturday. The farm stores will likely have a limit on how many people they let inside at a time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ours doesn't open until mid-April, and they won't open at all until this health crisis is over. It is an outdoor market but it is very crowded. It will be worse than ever this year since they built apartments in the area and took up all the free space for parking.

I hope you're able to find some fresh produce.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are a couple of the vendors in my local area. One of them is an orchard which is pretty well known in the area. That has fresh produce on a regular basis.

Still getting at least one walk a day in. Thankfully, I can still do that since it's pretty easy to maintain ~6ft from people. I think I'll probably going to lose some weight because I'm not going out to eat. While I do need to and have been trying to lose weight, this isn't exactly the way I wanted to do it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing like a pandemic to kick my butt in gear. I workout most mornings now, eat right and sweets are very little to none. Also eating less so food will last longer if need be. I guess I'm hoping that by staying as healthy as I can, if I do contract Covid-19, I at least have a better chance at recovering. I didn't even think about the farmers markets. There is a HUGE one in Detroit, I don't know if other big cities have ones that big but that is going to affect a lot of people.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast