2020 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been getting walks in, although I'm not sure about today with the rain. It's wet and chilly.

Bought some filters for my Brita pitcher. I prefer that than trying to deal with water in plastic bottles that I have to eventually toss out.

Went to the farm market on Saturday. I got out early since I was up. I also stopped by my local grocery store and that was crowded. At 7:30 am..... But the farm market wasn't. I did get there a bit before it technically opened but only one other person showed up after me. Then again, I was there early and it was a Saturday. So I think it probably got a bit busier as the day went on. Still, it's a nice alternative, especially since the fruit/vegetable section is usually one of the first sections picked over at the grocery stores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I notice a lot of people have re-discovered their bicycles. Anyone with a bicycle repair shop ought to be doing good business right now. Hubby and I were just discussing the farmer's markets, don't know what the farmers will do. If they boxed produce like CSA's do and had staggered pick-ups and locations it might possibly work. Going to check if there is any news on that since I want to support the farmers. I know they get better prices at the farm markets than selling to grocery chains.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dlr, my local farmer's market is currently 'closed' since the location they're using for the winter market is closed. But the market manager sent around a FB announcement letting people know which vendors are open or have limited delivery to keep their sales up. There's two farms in my area I know the location of and one more I can likely find relatively easily. (It's pretty close.) Of the two I know of, one is a dairy farm which makes cheese and the other is an orchard that sells veggies as well as their apples. I don't know what they're going to do with the 'pick-your-own' section but at least I can go their store for basic fruit and veggies.

I've been getting out and trying to take a walk every day as usual. It's a lot easier to do that with the longer days, although I missed it yesterday as it was wet and cold. Now I just have to find a way to get out into the garden, considering the social distancing required. One downside of being in a community garden.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been pretty bad with getting my walks due to working from home lately. I have been getting some in but not everyday. But I think I'm maintaining my weight and not gaining any. (Although not losing either.)

Yesterday I took my longer route that takes me past my garden and I think I did very well. I feel like I've improved over the past year with my exercise. I've started gardening again since it's the start of planting season. So there's another form of exercise. Since the community garden is close to my apartment complex, I can get both gardening and my walk in. There are tools at the garden I can use (with gloves of course) and the really nice thing is they haven't been stolen, despite the easy access. I think the most issues we've had has been people taking the vegetables, not the tools.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got some walks in as well as got some work done in my garden. I'm also noticing my eating habits are changing a bit with working from home more. For the most part, my biggest meal has become lunch with some snacks during the day. I'm not as hungry in the evenings. I'm still eating too many sweets due to stress, though. I do need to cut back on that. But I'm also starting to eat more fruits (getting the large bag of frozen berries).

So right now, I'm still maintaining my weight but not losing any. Sigh. I just hope that when things go back to 'normal', I'll still be able to keep up the light to no dinner in the evenings. I am trying to do some intermittent fasting here and there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Doing badly. Not getting out to exercise as much as I should or even as much as I had been. I need to get more. At least the temps are getting warmer which will make it easier to get outside to walk.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not doing great here either. DH and I are trying to get out for a walk every other day, but it's not the full-body exercise we're used to.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not doing good here either. My eating has gone down hill ever since this pandemic hit and I have not been able to workout for weeks due to an infection in my toe and then toenail removal. I could do weights but have no motivation to do so. I can't even walk the dogs right now. Hopefully in another week or two I will be able to get back to my regular workouts.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, hope you're doing better.

I'm finally getting at least one walk in during the day. I'm also doing some leg lifts. I break those up a bit, mostly to get up and move around.

My diet's getting kind of better. I'm eating more fruits than regular sweets but I'm probably doing more eating than I should. It's hard not to get up and snack on things when it's there and not much else to do. Although I might start making a bean 'salad', now that I've had something from the store. I do have some dried beans that need to get used. I can leave the crockpot on while I'm working from home and rehydrate the beans. Since I know most stores sell pre-prepped veggies, I just need to figure out the 'dressing'. I think that's mainly flavored oil and only a little will likely be needed to coat and flavor things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my walk in today as well as going to a nearby labyrinth. I've been making an effort to walk that every few weeks as a kind of moving meditation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have made cold green bean salad (cooked green beans) with Italian salad dressing and like that pretty well. Extra Parmesan is also good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dlr, I'm thinking of using chickpeas, lima beans, and kidney beans. If I grow the green beans on the garden, I may use those. I have the kidney beans but need to cook them. Haven't been motivated enough to try since I would have to go to the grocery store that tends to get busy, especially on the weekends. That's my usual one since it's easier to get to after work from the office. I know it better so it's easier to find what I want. I think it's also larger than the other one, which is closer to my pharmacy.

I'm finding my diet is changing a bit due to the change in season (starting to get fresh veg). I think also going out to the local orchard to get fresh fruit and some veg is also a factor since I needed to with fruits and veg getting sold out due to the virus. I just hope I keep it up once the farmer's market opens again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to get out and walk more. One of my knees is being painful but it eases up once I get some walking in. It's probably locking up since I'm not moving around as much with the shutdown. I have been doing leg lifts nearly every day but it's not the same as walking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still not doing well in getting out for walks as I should be. I am trying to keep up with some push ups and leg lifts, though. My diet's not that great but I do try and include fruits at least in lunch. I am eating a large lunch and then very little for dinner. I'm finding I"m not that hungry in the evenings when I have the large lunches.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still not getting as much walking in as I would like to. But I am getting some leg lifts and push ups in. I also didn't eat lunch yesterday but found I wasn't as hungry as I though I would be. I guess that's because my lunch schedule is wonky since I've been working at home.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast