2020 Weight Loss Accountability - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Had a good day at the gym. Only 7 people in class, seats 10ft apart. Struggled with some leg lifts, but will get better in time.

DH said he could not go because the gym did not open before he had to be "at work". I confirmed while I was there that they open at 6:30 am now, so he cannot use that excuse any longer.

Ren, glad they have identified the problem. Hope you are feeling stronger soon.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, CH. Funny thing is, I had done a couple of the 'homework' exercises at one point or another, long before this. But this way I will do them right, this time around. Glad your class was small and you had a good day.

Also glad you found out when the gym opens, CH. My apartment complex has a gym but with the virus, we need to schedule an appointment to get it. I haven't gone there in a while so I'm not sure what the new procedure is. It's likely to make sure there's social distancing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ren, I'm sure you were relieved to find out it's a muscle problem instead of tendon. Hoping you will feel some relief in a couple of weeks with PT and home exercises. I'm still not back to my normal exercise habits, although I do workout several times a week, just not as much as I was used to.

CH, nice that they have small classes at your gym and you can get a workout in.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, I was definitely relieved that it was a muscle issue. I was sore at night, though. I think I tried too much yesterday. I felt restless and couldn't sit still.

Glad you're getting as much exercise in as you feel comfortable with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did my first batch of 'homework' exercises last evening. Not so bad, so far, although my knee's a bit sore today. Not so much that I can't move around or will stop me from continuing to do them.

Been eating a bit better the past few days. Getting in more fruits and veggies in, especially in the evenings. I've been saving the fast food for the weekends, although I'm hoping to cut down on even that much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been keeping up with my 'homework' exercises for my PT on my knee. Friday (most of the day) and Saturday morning has been hard since I do my wash on Fridays. That involves carrying my wash hamper downstairs and over to the complex laundromat. I do get a bit of walking in because of that. But that's one of the reasons I'm getting physical therapy. It's improved a bit this afternoon but I haven't really started my bulk of my PT, just had the evaluation this past Tuesday and started with the first few exercises to strengthen my knee and leg muscles. I just want to stop the pain and stop using the cane. I like having both hands free.

Been eating a bit better, mostly during the week. Although I have sorta developed a craving for the mixed veggies I've picked up. I add a bit of cheese to them but that pretty much makes my dinner for the evenings.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Knee feels better this morning. Yay! Still got my exercises in yesterday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ow. Ow. Ow. I hate changeable weather. My knee hurts more on days like today when it's raining or a front's coming through. At least I've been keeping up with my exercises.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had my first actual PT session. I think it went well although it ran longer than I thought it would. Learned one more exercise I need to do at home. Those are pretty easy to do, so are easy to keep up with. My leg is a bit sore but not entirely too painful. I'm wondering if I lost any weight yet, although if I did, it's probably mostly water weight at this point.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had my second PT session yesterday and my leg's still a bit sore. The PT session was in the evening so that's probably the reason. But I don't have any more PT (other than the homework exercises) until next week. At this point, most of the stuff I'm doing in PT can be done at home except for the things that require actual machines (such as the stair stepper).

I think I'm sleeping a bit better, probably due to the exercise. But we'll see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Keeping up with my 'homework' exercises. Friday was actually a good day, despite having to lug my laundry hamper up and down the stairs. My leg didn't hurt in the evening the way it did the week before. Now my knee is only twinging and feels a bit tight. I think it still needs strengthening so I'm going to continue going to PT.

Been trying to eat better, at least during the week. Weekends are my day to 'indulge' but I'll try and cut back on that eventually.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Argh! Changeable weather and rain definitely affect my knee. I'm just glad I've been doing my exercises at home daily. I might not have done them so diligently if it weren't for the PT. Knowing I'm being held accountable by someone else does help with the mindset needed to do the work. I think I may have lost a few pounds the last two weeks, since I've started the exercises. The PT sessions help because that's two hours a week of various exercises and such. At this point, it's more strengthening but my therapist mentioned wanting to get more cardio exercises eventually. Then again, I do want to lose the weight to take the pressure off my knees. Hopefully, the gym at my complex will open up more once I'm done with the initial therapy. If nothing else, I will be better on the machines when it does open. Right now, it's open by appointment and I'm sure it probably fills up fast.

I may take a look to see if the yoga place nearby is open and has space in the intro yoga class. That might be easier on my joints, especially if I mention the issues with my knees. I recently bought some yoga pants but they need to be hemmed. Trying to find stuff for my height is an issue and worse, given my current weight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ren there are so many workouts you can do at home with no equipment or something simple like the resistance bands. If you don't have resistance bands, consider them, they take up NO space (maybe a shoe box). You don't need handles or gadgets, just the stretchy band itself, I see a set of 3 on Amazon for under $10. Just search on Youtube "beginner workout no equipment". Try different things and see what you like. It's also good to try now because you can ask the PTs questions (while you are still seeing them) if you think a particular exercise might be unsuitable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dlr - I did get a couple of elastic bands from the PT sessions but I may look at what's out there. I can probably pick up exercise bands from the local sporting goods store. I like to have the ability to try things out before I purchase things for the first time. Thanks for the idea, though. I'm just concerned about doing things in my apartment since I live on the top floor.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had 'back-to-back' sessions this week (5:30 pm Wednesday / 8 am Thursday). So I'm a bit sore. Thankfully, the rest of the schedule is more manageable. I do need to look into how the gym at my complex is handling people coming in. I think we have to make an appointment for that. My therapist wants me to do riding the stationary bike 2x's a week. I did ask about the small pedaling machines but she prefers the stationary bikes in the gym.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast