2020 Weight Loss Accountability
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2020 Weight Loss Accountability

Happy New Year, folks! Another year, another accountability thread....

Anyway, I was on vacation for pretty much two weeks. Good thing is, I didn't really gain any weight during that time. Bad thing is, I also didn't do much in the way of exercise, either. I did get my walks in on Sundays before breakfast. So I'm hoping to get back to my lunch time walks now that I'm back to work. I also hope to get back to my evening walks now that the sun's setting later and it won't be as dark when I get home.

As for diet, I ended up skipping breakfast, for the most part, and making lunch my main meal of the day. I also found some soup at the grocery store near where the coffee shop I write at on Sundays. I started looking at the labels to check for sodium. Turns out the 'house' soups (made by/at the store) have about half the sodium as the canned soups I normally got. And they taste just as good as (if not better than) the canned soup. So that's what I'm going to get. I also think they probably cost a bit less too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't get my walk in at lunch (I was busy all day catching up from vacation). I did get my walk in when I got home. I feel bit better for getting back into the swing of things after not doing much for two weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my walks in over the weekend. Although my walks on Saturday were unintended. The starter on my car died due to an oil leak. Not sure where the oil is leaking from just yet as they didn't have the correct starter on hand to start repairs. So I'll find out today if it's possible to make the repairs (which will still be expensive) or I'll need to buy a new car. (Although I'm probably going to look at the pre-owned/used cars they have on hand since GMC is going towards SUV's rather than sedans/cars in recent years.)

Fortunately for me, my car died at the inspection station which is across the street from the dealership so I was able to walk over there and then on to the mall to get lunch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry to hear about your car problems, ren. There never is a good time for car problems but you lucked out being so close to the dealership.

Still trying to get my workouts in before work, most days I get it done.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Rabbit.

I'm still being lazy as to my evening walks but I did get it in last night. I'm better at my lunch time walks at work and in the morning on Sundays. I think I'll probably get back to the evening walks once it gets lighter in the evenings.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Off to the gym this morning. It was really hard getting out of bed. I often feel like I don't get enough sleep, which makes it extra difficult.

We'll see how much stamina I have left. I've been keeping up with my stretches, but not for 45-60 minutes every day.

Dance class tonight, too. First time since mid Nov. Gonna be a lot more talking than dancing as everyone catches up.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hear you about it being hard to get out of bed in the mornings. That's one of the reasons I like my alarm being a radio and not the annoying beeping/screeching. I have it set up ~30 minutes before I actually have to get out of bed. Plus it's set to a talk station so I know that as soon as the talk host comes on, I actually have to get out of bed.

I've been looking at dance classes but never gotten around to actually applying. Right now, the one dance studio I stopped in at last year is looking like the one I will probably end up at, if I ever decide to actually go to one. The one at the mall never seems to be open, despite having been at the mall for years.

I'm still kinda at the stage where I'm debating as to getting out and taking a lunch walk. I know I'll eventually do it but sometimes I just don't want to. It's easier during the warmer weather. The evening walks have definitely dropped off with the lack of sunlight in the evenings.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've improved my eating, but am struggling to fit exercise in. Work and then piano lessons leaves me not getting home until 6:30/7:00 some nights, and after spending time with the kids and DH, I want to go to sleep...not hop on the treadmill. I'm already up at 5:45 for work, and the thought of getting up at 4:30 am to exercise is a no go for me. So, I have to figure something else out. I'm not quite hitting my 10,000 steps, so I need to add in more walking during the day in general.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sigh, realized I didn't get my walk in yesterday. I had the day off. And it looks like I likely won't get one today, either. It's cold and will be colder when I get home. I have a lunch meeting so I won't be able to take one then, despite the cold. Oh well, I'll have to make sure I get back on the band wagon tomorrow.

I am finding that if I get a large lunch on the days I"m not working, I'm generally not hungry in the evenings. So, I end up not having dinner (or a very small one) on those days. I just have to make sure I eat healthy on those days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got two walks in yesterday. I had to go to a meeting in another building on site and I walked there. Then I got in my first evening walk for a while. It was really nice at lunch time today. It's laundry night so I'll have more walking this evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now that the living history farm is open again (it's open on Saturdays from the last week in January to the first week in December), I'm getting at least one walk in on Saturdays. I was being lazy on Saturdays when it was closed and not taking any walks.

I'm also finding that I'm generally not hungry in the evenings on weekends any more. I tend to have a large lunch on Saturdays and then a decent sized meal on Sundays when I have brunch. So I end up not really being hungry in the evenings. I just need to do better during the week at work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been doing pretty well with getting my walks in during lunch. I nearly didn't today. The weather's blah - wind, rain, and dropping temps (started off in the 50s this morning, now down to 41*). But I did make myself get out and take the walk. I will also get ~some~ exercise this evening since I have to do my wash tonight. If the complex laundromat is actually working, that is. The washing machines have been breaking down over the course of the last month. The leasing office said they were getting someone in to fix them but I'll believe *that* when I see it.

The diet was bad this week, though. I ended up getting a bunch of candy earlier this week, which I know I shouldn't have and regretted when I got home. Oh well, it'll be gone soon and I've been going to another grocery store where I don't know the layout as well. (Although I do like the second store's soups.) I haven't gone much to my usual grocery store because one of the roads I usually take to get there is partially closed for repair to culverts. (And I highly doubt it'll open on schedule...)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gained a few pounds recently and last week was a bad one, food-wise. Sigh.

But I've started the evening walks again. I even went out last night when it was drizzling, simply because I wanted to. Yay!! And I took the 'longer' route because I wanted the exercise. I think part of it is because it's staying lighter longer in the evenings.

I also noticed that I wasn't out of breath on Saturday when I went to the living history farm I like going to. One of the activities was on the far side of the site and up a bit of a hill at one point. So I'm seeing improvements on endurance, at least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lost a couple pounds again to the weight I've been maintaining for the past few months. Sigh.

Didn't take a walk at lunch yesterday but did take one in the evening. I'm not likely to get any walks in tomorrow due to a lunch meeting and then my new class in the evening. So I hope I do get my walks in today. I am glad I"m getting back to the farm because I do end up getting my walks in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been trying to get motivated to get back to working out 6 days a week but honestly I am only doing it around 4 days a week. Didn't get my workout in this morning because I woke up not feeling well and went back to bed for 1/2 hour. If I don't workout in the morning, there's no chance that it's going to happen later.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast