Vioxx being pulled
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Vioxx being pulled

I've been on this for awhile now for my thyroid and just learned the makers of Vioxx has pulled this for heart and stroke reasons.I got a refill on 9/22 and it was pulled 9/30 . I am a little upset.I think the pharmacy should have called everywhere it recently filled or refilled this for.What do you think?

I'm posting in case anyone here takes it or if you know someone that does.

http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/vioxx/vioxxQA.htm

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh yeah = I would be freakin' = Make sure you read everything connected with it though - it could be some freak case and they had to pull it - like when they suddenly had to label shopping bags with " do not put over head and do not leave babies unattended with this " because some stoopid ass did it. Typically drugs are pretty dedcently researched and then there will be one problem = something unencountered in a sampling of folks - more than likely YOU are fine!!! Don't let it drop though - find out and be sure -

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

From what I understand, they are already being sued by lots of people because it did cause heart attacks and strokes.

I hope and pray it has not affected you and I would be so upset at the pharmacy for not calling me!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I read there was a study from 2000-2003 (it was releases in 1999)and after 18 months on the drug,people developed heart probs and had strokes. I believe it happens over a long period of time and not by taking a few months worth of it.But still...Mine was refilled 8 days before it was pulled!! I just think if I was filling this med and all of sudden it was pulled like this,I would be calling people I gave it to!
    The makers of the drug pulled it on their own and not the FDA....but the FDA has stepped in to help the maker.It is no longer being dispensed...so that is good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think it caused lots of patients to have heart attacks and strokes. If you recall, about a year or more ago you started to hear mutterings about it *might* be linked to heart disease with long term use. I had taken it as well but not for extended periods. Just when my joints were so stiff I needed it for lubrication . I agree they should have let you know that it might be pulled and why before they gave you the refill. But the drug co.'s are in it for the money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I took Vioxx for only a few weeks and had 2 strokes. My doctor told me at the time it was caused from the medication.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can understand your frustration with the drug store. They should have called everyone that had recently had the prescription.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dad has been taking Vioxx for a few years and he stopped taking per his doctor on Monday. It's too bad you and my dad recently had prescriptions refilled

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yse, they have been talking on the news and in the papers for several months now that it was causing problems and might be pulled, I was expecting it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tammy, praying that you will be fine.

I'm going to need to check and see if this is one of the meds my Dad is on. Gosh I hope not....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, what is being done for those who took this nasty drug - what about Tammy?? people think I am weird cuz I don't like to take medication - I like herbs and what not - but look what happens - Tammy - do not drop it until they make SURE you are ok!! This is just BS and Denise, specifically, had problems with it - I don't want you guys dealing with irrepairable damage - we need to do something about this. My mom takes a whole slew of drugs! My best friend can't have babies cuz she took Dialatin since she was six. THis stuff scares and infuriates me and makes me feel so worthless cuz I can't stop it...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When things are recalled or taken off the market it is not practice for stores (and that is what a pharmacy is) to call everyone who owns that thing to tell them about the change. The only exception I can think of is cars, and I think that is a law.