Anyone else have PMS problems?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Anyone else have PMS problems?

I call it "PMS" but the problems seem to include period problems.

I can always tell when I'm getting ready to start because I get particularly crabby with the family.. everything they do irritates me and makes me want to yell at them. I also start getting weepy over things on television, start fearing my own mortality, I get obsessed with food, and I get a lot more migraines and heart palpitations. Basically I feel like doo-doo.

Then when I start, I have no energy, all I want to do is sleep and eat, and I can't really focus or think well.

Does anyone else go through this? I've tried changing my diet, exercising, taking medications both prescription and over-the-counter as well as herbals... nothing helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I feel the same way, although the symtoms vary every month, e.g. I might be tired as all get out this month, but really irritable next month.
    One day my BF came home to me crying, was all concerned,
    "what happened honey?"
    "oh the store clerk was mean to me"
    He looked so confused . . lol
    I havn't found anything to help, although if I excerise more, I dont' get as many headaches during that week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're not alone! I don't have paliptations, but have nausea, dry heaves, dizziness, lethargy etc etc. Basically feel like I'm pregnant (which is impossible!)
    My Dr is checking for underlying possible causes, cuz I have little quality of life like this!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can relate! I get very irritable,emotional,headaches,tired,cramps.....shoot...I have every symptom there is to have lol

It's about time for me now to start.I have been cramping more than usual and I told Steve lastnight..." I think this month will be rough.." He said..." Thanks for the warning.If they ask if anyone wants to work over...you want me to?" LOL!!!! he was asking just to be asking and not because of what I said,but how he changed the subject like that,I looked at him with this "look" and he said ..." Oh no,not because of that,I mean...do you...if they ask...they prob wont...never mind.....I better get in bed.."

Took everything in me not to bust out laughing....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL Tammy! I always warn the hubby... "If you wanna go to a friend's house, now would be a good time!" I also try to set the youngest DD up with a DVD , and the eldest with a video game, and set myself up with my fave movies, snacks, and my fleece blankie..all in separate rooms! Not the time to try "family time"..hehhe...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's funny Tammy!
    I warn my boyfriend, children, co-workers, gee I guess everybody!
    My favourite place during that time is a dark room with a good book and total silence.

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have you tried Evening Primrose Oil capsules? I've been taking them every day for over a year and they really seem to help with my PMS.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by pip
    Have you tried Evening Primrose Oil capsules? I've been taking them every day for over a year and they really seem to help with my PMS.

A female Dr. @ the MD Anderson Cancer Center told me to take this about 5 yrs ago when I went in for a mammogram (my reg dr thought she'd found a lump...all was fine in the end.) and also mentioned to her that I was very tired, was having night sweats, back pain...it goes on & on I took it for a little while & it seemed to help, but I eventually stopped (Im terrible when it come to taking meds!)
    I would suggest you try it...couldnt hurt to try. I do hope you get to feeling better!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've taken evening primrose, and it does help. I just got fed up with taking pill 3x day, to be honest. And I find it really expensive here. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!
    I am hypothyroid, and high risk for type 2 diabetes (genetically) so we're looking into whether these are causing the symptoms, or maybe I'm going into menopause early (I'm 43).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I get moody and irritable the week before and during my period. My husband bears the brunt of it, hes very supportive though.My doctor said its PMDD-I already take celexa and other medication for bipolar disorder,and I think that is helping a bit.Its been a bit more intense since I had my baby she is a year on wednsday!Ive been taking fish oils for a couple of months and they are supposed to help with moods as well.Primrose oil I cant take I had a bad reaction to it unfortunately, but Ive heard it works wonders for people.Ive tried moderately changing my diet and I think excercise helps too, but its a process.Good Luck!

Patty

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is one area where I think you just have to find your own way. I've taken just about everything as far as herbs and vitamins go. Now I take an herbal  forumla that seems to be helpful. I've also make some dietary changes -- heavy on fresh fruits and veggies (but I haven't cut out meat, dairy and grains). I also try to get some soy in my diet when possible -- DH is allergic so it isn't always easy. We also try to walk as much as possible and weight training has also helped me.

But the biggest thing that has been helpful for me is understanding that hormonal changes, fluctuations and even imbalances are all a part of life -- not a disease. Learning how the natural cycles of the earth affect our bodies and listening to them is important as is learning how our lifestyles affect our bodies. As we go through the different stages of life our bodies change -- it is natural. We have to listen to our bodies and make changes accordingly if we are going to be and stay healthy. I got started on this path when in desperation I turned to Dr. Christiane Northrup's book Womens Bodies, Womens Wisdom. She also has a book on menopause.

Just stopping the hysterical "what is wrong with me?" thinking and acting is probably the best thing I've done. But as I said, each woman must find her own way.