Fibromyalgia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Talking Fibromyalgia

Hi Everyone
    I noticed there are a lot of us who have FMS. I thought it would be good if we had a place to come together to give support, share ideas, ask questions, or just plain ole venting.

If there are enough of us interested in having a 'topic area' maybe the Admin could give us one? (for introduction, history, questions, sharing what works, etc)

I have had FMS, and all the 'xyz' that comes with it for a VERY long time. What works for the 'Normie's' don't work for us... we know that... come out of hiding... we know you are there

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

PS- I am adding a FMS are to my blog as well...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hello fellow fibromite! there are a few of us here with fibro but in a moment of fog i can't remember who. i had a thread a couple of months ago and a few gals replied.
    welcome to the village. if ya hadn't noticed already they ladies and fellas are very supportive even if they haven't been in your shoes. great place to vent and cry and share joys. love it here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have Fibro also. From what I have read about how other people, mine doesn't seem to be as bad as how alot of people suffer. I am thankful for that, but still would be happy to be without it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi! I have fibromyalgia too.

I've had it since a car wreck in 1996 and although I'm still active most day, I am now disabled due to all of the complications of it. I have good days and bad days but it seems the depression side effect is the worst. Panic attacks, depression, revolving pain, all a part of my life. I pray that you have good days to come.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry. Sounds like you suffer alot. I have aching all over but my main part if my lower back. That has bothered me since 1997. It was 2 years ago that I went to the Dr. after getting suspicious that I might have Fibro. The back thing is the most frustrating cause can't do things that I use to. Even like vacuuming etc. can aggravate it. Heavy lifting is a definite no no. My Dh is so sweet. He moves furniture for me and does a good cleaning in rooms once in awhile and that helps. I don't do much outside either since bending, reaching and stretching can be aggravating. I guess it is good that we rent and live in a small place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also have fibromyalgia. I have had it for 9 years now. Mine came on because I went to working a 3rd shift job and didn't sleep much. I do not get disablity but I can not work. I have tried every job imaginable and I have so many bad days it is not fair to the employeer. I have Hypothyroidism, IBS,Cronic Fatigue, and many other smaller side effects. It is not always a fun day around here, but my faith in Christ keeps me going.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

guess i should type a little about my fibro. i was finally diagnosed this year. or at least as close to a dx as they will get me. pcp says it's fibro, rheumy says it's probably fibro, but since there is no test for fibro, that's all he'll list as a dx :/
    but better than nothing right now since i can still work. it started with a pain in my right hip area that at first i thought was another cyst. after about 2 years and a few tests and going to 5 doc's i switched pcp's and finally found a doc that would listen to me and really try to help me. first pcp really made me grumpy so changed pcp's. if yo have a bad doc and can change your doc, do it. don't stick with someone that isn't helping you.
    i don't have fibro as bad as some. i do get horrible pain but can usually manage to get through the day. finally got pain meds and that helps on really bad days like i think today will be. haven't taken pain meds yet though, gonna wait till i have to go to work so it will kick in and i can get through work tonight. just taking it easy for now.
    i have found that a hobby helps keep my mind of things, so i crochet and scrapbook.

anyone on meds to help try to control the fibro?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a ?
    What is fibromyalgia? Is it like a chronic pain condition? My aunt has it, and she can't work anymore, but I never thought to ask exactly what it was.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jeanna like you, I have the Lord in my life to help me. I haven't worked since 1976. I use to be a nurses aide. I had surgery and just never went back. Many years later I tried to see about getting disability cause I have chronic headaches every day. No way to prove that or now to prove the Fibro. Between my head and my back there is no way I could go out and work. Now am almost 59. We manage to get by with my dh working. I use to feel guilty for not being able to work and help out but can't be helped.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lottalove: it is a chronic pain condition, though some are more bothered by the fatigue that is also part of the syndrone. if you disect the word fibromyalgia, it means pain in the muscles and fibers(ligaments and tendons) it can cause pain in muscles and joints but is not inflamitory like arthritis. some people are lucky and have only mild symptoms while others are dibilitated by it. thank the Lord i am somewhere in the middle and not in the dibilitated group.
    if can be very frustrating in the beginning because it can be misdiagnosed as other diseases and attempts at proper treatment are delayed. my frustration came from doctors not listening to me or not believing me. that is also another major cause for frustration for fibromites. if you have any questions about it just ask.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know this is an old thread, but I have an undiagnosed condition. I am not sure what it is, but hopefully it isn't fibromyalgia(sp) or chronic fatigue. I am hoping it is adrenaline fatigue, there is a treatment plan that can put you back to normal in just a few months or take up to 2 years. That is nothing compaired to a lifetime of chronic fatigue or fibro. Anyways, I am taking b vitamins, vitamin C and E, brewers yeast, and fish oil, there are others I should be taking, but not sure where to get them. It seems to be getting a bit better, I can concentrate for longer periods of time, my short term memory is still problematic, but not as bad, I remembered to return my library books and I remember my bills better, just a little problem though, I can't remember what I wanted to watch on TV and I am always mad I forgot. My ability to be ticked off is coming back, for a couple of months I was too weak to even get mad. Guess I should have said what my symptoms are: cognitive problems, always tired, muscle aches especially in the shoulders, sore throat(it is gone now) for over a year, frequent headaches(much less frequent now), lack of drive in every area, there are other symptoms I can't remember. I just remember reading there is a link between fibro and chronic fatigue.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello Ladies,
    I too am also a fibromyalgia sufferer. For way to many years. When i was a teenager i couldnt keep up with my girlfriends at the mall, now that isnt right! LOL I wasnt diagnosed till the day before my 30th birthday, that was deadline to know what was wrong with me. My worst symptoms are the memory problems and the weakness. I get severe flare ups where i am so weak i just lay down and cant move. I am on meds for the depression. One thing that has made me feel like a "normal" person is if i eat a mainly vegetarian diet. My neighbor shares her meals a lot with us (mostly vegetarian) and after eating that for a few days, WOW i dont feel so weak. Now if i could cook meals like she does! I'd feel wonderful. I had a pressure points test to diagnose my fibro, maybe the poster who said she hasnt been officially diagnosed can ask for that test? Anyway, heres hoping all of us fibro sufferers can have a clear thinking day with no weakness!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have fibro as a symptom of my lupus. It's been especially hard lately, with all the stress I'm going through. I've been out of work for a week. I also have all the other lovely things that come with lupus, like the chronic fatigue. Fun, I can tell you, when I have a house and yard and a 40 hour a week job to take care of.

I was first diagnosed with "chronic fatigue" and I kept telling them "that's a symptom. Find out what's causing it." When they came up with fibro, I said the same thing. Finally, they got it right...lupus. Not a happy day in my life, but at least I can put a name to the monster.
    Last edited by Jaded; 09-24-2007 at 08:59 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have had fibro for nearly 25 years and as we all know it ain't no picnic!
    I have suffered greatly over the years and recently read in the paper about a local woman who committed suicide because of the pain and fatigue and the Dr's who wouldn't help her. That was enough to finally get my butt an appointment for pain management. I can't believe the ignorance of the medical community about this disease. Thank God for the support of my family and friends and a cleaning lady!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast