Allergic reaction to unknown
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Allergic reaction to unknown

I've been battling an allergic reaction since May causing swollen eyes and lips. It tends to go from one area to another. Skin is red and it flakes a lot. I don't know what is causing it but this week has been unbearable. The doc can't confirm if its a food allergy or an environmental reaction. Anyone suffer from allergies to perfume, face creams, vineagar, alcohol? If so, does it cause similar symptoms?? I'm trying to narrow the list down but its a total mystery.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My sister had mysterious systems like this over the summer. She finally had to go to an allergist. Come to find out here was mold growing in her bathroom walls and they had to have the landlord tear down the walls and rebuild them. She said when they opened the wall the mold looked like fish eggs. YUCK!!!

They got a mold kit at Lowe's Hardware and followed the directions.

I don't know if this helps, just thought I would throw it out there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have similar reactions of swollen lips, cheeks, itchy ears on the inside and a "blush" of rash across my eyelids and cheekbones when I eat fresh mango.

Have you eliminated the obvious things from your diet to help narrow down the list of possible allergens?

If it has been going on since May I don't think it would be considered "seasonal" so it may be something environmental inside the house. It would be a worth a trip to an allergist since it hasn't gone away.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my husband did this also, for about 6 months and we couldn't narrow it down, we just bought a over the counter creame and it cleared up. mysterious stuff. We thought we had narrowed it down to maybe bug spray around a window he had done work on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thnx guys. Any info will help. I have never been allergic to anything prior to this. No asthma either. I am scheduled for allergy tests next month. If I can narrow it down though it will help. You should see my face. Not a pretty site!! I look like I'm 15 years older with the rash and inflammation. But it's just the eyes and mouth nowhere else. Really bizarre!! No one else in the family has these symptoms and I don't spend a huge amount of time in the bathroom (mold..) lol.. Creams are making it worse for the moment almost like my skin is burnt. I put olive oil on the rashes just to soothe them. (idea from hubby) and that seems okay. Keep your ideas coming...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mold doesn't grow just in your bathroom. It can be in your air ducts, inside your walls where you don't see it, under the floor... I would be suspicious just because of the timing of the problem.

I suggest a mold kit as well. You can get them for about 9 bucks at lowes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Even though myreaction to mold was different we had it on the basement walls. I had pnemonia 5 times the first year I moved here and thats what was causing it eventhough I very rarely went to the basement. Started with bronchitis and esculated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My dmom had some similar symptoms when she had thyroid surgery. They put her on synthroid and turns out she was allergic to the dye on the outside of the pills. When she stopped taking them they swelling and rashes went away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I'm still having problems with this. Missed work cuz my eyes and surronding area is terribly swollen with hives and rash. I have an appointment to see the allergist in 5 weeks but am going to a private clinic on Thursday to see a dermatalogist (paid by my employer). They are sending me cuz they're worried and cuz I'm really scarey to look at right now lol . If I figure what this is, I'll post in case any of you ever come down with this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did you try any herbal remidies to help clear it up?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My daughter has this and it is caused by the wax on apples and other fruits and veggies that are waxed even after they are washed the skin for her causes a reaction every time. So no store out things that are waxed.

Eileen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by banana View Post
    Did you try any herbal remidies to help clear it up?
    Though I would normally try this, I am so hypersensitive right now that the less new things I try the better. I can't even put on skin cream even if it's fragrance free or hyperallergenic. I am currently using just water and olive oil to help moisturize the skin (not doing a good job though..). My skin looks like I have a really bad sunburn. I'm a big fan of essential oils but this may be part of the problem so I'm staying away from this for now. I am however drinking lots of green tea and water! Between this mysterious allergy and the onset of a few hot flashes I AM NOT HAVING FUN!! lol lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I get bad rashes on my hands and I figured out it was mold at work. I would not work for a few days and it would clear up. Is it possiable to get out of your home for a few days to see if it something in your home.

Katy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you figure it out soon and start to feel better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had something like this earlier this fall when I was fine and then put on the same cleanser I've used for years and had a severe reaction to it all over my face (like 2nd degree chemical burns and blisters - truly attractive and comfortable!) I tried every comforting cream I could find, and they all felt like they were burning it worse, and finally I coated my face with olive oil - which did stop a lot of the pain. It took over a week to clear up, and I'm still pretty chicken about using anything that isn't hypoallergenic. Still don't know why I would react so differently one day from all the previous ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast