Anyone use 3 fat chicks on a diet?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Anyone use 3 fat chicks on a diet?

I just stumbled across their site yesterday . Great message board, info and lots of support.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Never heard of it..

Have you seen the Hungry girl cook books? I love them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nope I haven't Ann. Are they diabetic friendly in your opinion?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've heard of the hungry girl series and website but the thing I don't really care for is how everything she (hungry girl) uses and promotes is totally fat free. I can't help but think 'ok great, its fat free' but then I follow up with 'what crap are they putting in there to make it fat free? how much higher will the sugar/sodium content be?' But thats my take on it.

I'm diabetic, I need to watch for boobie traps like that - sounds good for yas but isn't b/c theyve jacked up the sugar content.

Don't get me wrong - how she cuts down some of the calories and fat are amazing!! And her recipes do actually sound tasty

As for the three fat chicks on a diet - will have to look that up

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I heard of them but forgot the name....How could I....3 fat chicks. I remember seeing on that site a woman who documented her weight loss and made it like a slide show. I can't find it. I would love to see it again.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The three fat chicks has been around for awhile. Will have to check it out again.

I love hungry girl! It's just about calories in a nut shell and it works.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I've heard of the hungry girl series and website but the thing I don't really care for is how everything she (hungry girl) uses and promotes is totally fat free. I can't help but think 'ok great, its fat free' but then I follow up with 'what crap are they putting in there to make it fat free? how much higher will the sugar/sodium content be?' But thats my take on it.

I'm diabetic, I need to watch for boobie traps like that - sounds good for yas but isn't b/c theyve jacked up the sugar content.

Don't get me wrong - how she cuts down some of the calories and fat are amazing!! And her recipes do actually sound tasty

As for the three fat chicks on a diet - will have to look that up
    Thats what I find with 99% of the fat free~ more sugar . So not for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll check out the website, sounds interesting!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, I do. Generally it's a very good site, but they can be rather sanctimonious about weight loss programs they don't agree with. My husband and I started a medically supervised program that uses HCG, and I posted how well we were doing on this program. The thread was shut down almost immediately with the note that the program is not safe and they don't support it. They claimed the program only allowed 500 calories....not our experience - we were getting about 1,250 to 1,350 calories a day and actually losing weight on the program whereas we'd failed miserably on some of the more traditional programs. I was very disappointed with that response. I don't expect others to embrace my diet choices, but being a little less judgmental wouldn't hurt. I remember when I first did a low carb program years ago they were rather negative about it too, but later more accepting of the diet when the medical community was more accepting. I think obesity in our country is at such a high rate that people's efforts to lose weight should be supported - not judged and shut down - especially when they're on a medically supervised program. So I guess I will say my experience has been mixed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Suzanne I'm really sorry to hear you got that reaction. I have found it very friendly so far.

I read a bit about the hcg on another forum. How are you and hubby doing on it? the cal levels you stated don't seem odd.

I even started a blog (with pics) there to give me a big push.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I feel as if I'm from another world and have no idea about anything that has been mentioned!! So, I am first going to check out the 3 fat chicks!! Mahalo for expanding my world!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nodmicks View Post
    Suzanne I'm really sorry to hear you got that reaction. I have found it very friendly so far.

I read a bit about the hcg on another forum. How are you and hubby doing on it? the cal levels you stated don't seem odd.

I even started a blog (with pics) there to give me a big push.
    We have a protein shake (180 cals, and nutritionally very similar to Luna bars) for breakfast, a protein shake for am snack, lunch is meat and vegetables, a protein shake in the afternoon, dinner is meat and vegetables, a protein shake in the evening, plus we get one piece of fruit a day. We get a weekly shot that's a combination of HCG and vitamin B-12. The program we're on is nothing like the starvation program they were making it out to be. I tried to explain that, but was shut down immediately. Personally, I find the weight loss support I get here on FV to be better than that on 3FC. Of course YMMV

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've looked at the 3 Fat Chicks website. At the time I browsed it for a bit then decided that no place can beat the support of the "Lose-A-Pound-A-Week" thread on Frugal Village.