Go To Bed In Good Time Challenge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Go To Bed In Good Time Challenge

I struggle to force myself to go to bed in good time, so I'm starting a challenge to encourage myself to focus on getting more sleep.

Why is sleep important? Sleep is essential to good health as it refreshes the body and the mind. If you get enough sleep regularly every night you will feel and also be able to work better.

So...my goal is to go to bed by 10:30 every night. Tonight I didn't make the cut because I'm posting this. After tonight, there are 20 nights left in October. I'm aiming to go to bed by 10:30 p.m. at least 15 nights of the 20 remaining.

Have a good night, all!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You wrote this post for me too, right? I hear ya!!

You can do it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will just be here to 'encourage'............I am horrible about it in the winter..........and I can feel it starting now.

Sooooooo........you go girl!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I might be the worst one here . But I'm telling you the truth when I tell you that I can remember from the time I was about 4 years old, never being able to go to sleep early, always staring at the ceiling. One of our "family stories" about me, was my dr. asking my mom if I stayed up watching Johnny Carson with her because of the dark circles under my eyes. Well guess what?? I still have the dark circles .

Sooo, I really wish I could join ya, but I'd just be setting myself up for failure! But hoping the best for you. It really is important, and no doubt you'll feel great too!

Keep us posted!

Theresa

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia View Post
    I think I might be the worst one here . But I'm telling you the truth when I tell you that I can remember from the time I was about 4 years old, never being able to go to sleep early, always staring at the ceiling. One of our "family stories" about me, was my dr. asking my mom if I stayed up watching Johnny Carson with her because of the dark circles under my eyes. Well guess what?? I still have the dark circles .

Sooo, I really wish I could join ya, but I'd just be setting myself up for failure! But hoping the best for you. It really is important, and no doubt you'll feel great too!

Keep us posted!

Theresa
    So basically, your an insomniac during the night hours..My dad was in the Air Force and I was the youngest, remember my mom letting me sleep in her bed at night. Up all night..

I'm pretty sure going through a divorce introduced me to the word..insomnia. And the abuse.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
    I'm pretty sure going through a divorce introduced me to the word..insomnia. And the abuse.
    That would do it, wouldn't it? Hugs to you sweetie! Glad that's a thing of the past, and you get plenty of rest now!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, I will join you, I am horrible at going to bed early. The only TV shows I watch are on at 10:00! I usually am not heading to bed before 11:30 and I get up at 5:00 am. That is not enough sleep. I am trying to head to bed by 10 or 10:30 at the latest, I should go earlier, but I KNOW that won't happen. I bought a cable so I can hook my computer up to my cable so I can tape my 10:00 shows. I will hook that up tonight, we will see how it works...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, I definitely need this challenge! I got off the couch around 10:30 last night to get ready for bed. Finally made it there around 11:45. Where did all that time go? Somehow it slips away night after night. Plus, I'm not a morning person to begin with. So, my mornings are NOT pretty!

My first goal is to get to bed by 11pm most nights (at least 12) for the rest of October. Thanks QM for starting this challenge! Looking forward to our progress.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so glad I started this challenge. After my last post yesterday evening, I went to bed around 10:45 or so...lights out and everything. It never takes me long to fall asleep...just annoying going to bed in the first place. I slept from about 10:45ish to 8:45 this morning! YAY! That's 10 hours of sleep, and I feel great! Today is Thanksgiving in Canada and is a statutory holiday, so it's a day off. The girls got up and then went straight to the TV with their bowls of cereal that we set out for them. Which meant I got to sleep in! Hurray!

I love this challenge!

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last night, I didn't get into bed around 11 p.m. By the time DH turned off his Nintendo DS (which was keeping me awake even though the sound was off), it was about 11:30. I got to sleep about 7-1/2 hours which is OK. Coulda been better...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Was in bed several minutes before 11 last night! 10 minutes later the phone rings & its the wrong number. So, it took a little longer to fall asleep. Then I woke up too early this morning & had trouble falling back asleep. Oh well, its a work in progress.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm surprised Greebo hasn't signed me up for this! I can climb in bed at 1030 but my body rarely falls to sleep before 11.

I'll give it a go to see if I can do it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm another one who will be cheering you on, but would be a miserable failure if I joined.

I don't remember who it was who said he did two things every day that he hated -- he got up in the morning and went to bed at night. Whoever it was, it should have been me.

I get off at 11:00 pm, and ideally would be in bed by 2:00, but it's rarely before 3:00, and too often 4:00. Except on weekends I have a lot of leeway about when I can get up, but I hate it when I sleep until noon - like I did today. But it is SO hard to go to bed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, if you force yourself out of be early enough (w/ no naps) you WILL go to be on time.

My am starts at about 4am. Sometimes my DS is over here and he's going to bed when I get up. That always freaks me out.

A good shower, w/ clean pjs, brush and floss, and I awaken totally rejuvenated. Seriously, unless there's a big party and or horrible tragedy, I don't / can't stay up late.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, still haven't managed to go to bed before 11:30 the last few nights. Makes it tough to get up at 5:00 a.m. I went in to work later this morning and slept til 7:00, I feel much better, just shows me I need to head to bed by 10:00! I'll keep trying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast