2015 Drink More Water Challenge + Dec 2014
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 2015 Drink More Water Challenge + Dec 2014

There has been interest in having this challenge revived. I didn't see one for 2014 ( maybe I overlooked it ) so I included this month, December, in the 2015 challenge.
    The challenge has always been 100 ounces of water a day but everyone can set their own personal goals as they've done in the past.
    Who all is up for the challenge!!!!
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ME (waving hand frantically)!!!!! I've gotten very lazy about my water consumption and this challenge should help a lot. I think for me a goal of 6 or 7 glasses a day will work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sign me up. My first baby step will be to have water before my morning coffee. I've developed a routine where I have two cups of coffee before anything else. I don't even think about water until I'm feeling dehydrated. If I could start my day with *any* amount of water, I'd be doing my body a favor.

Thank you for starting this thread!

Kind regards,

Sally

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me too. I drink far too little water and too much diet pop; It is the equivalent of coffee for me. Time to turn a new page.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in too. I have recently started drinking one glass of water when I get up in the morning before coffee. I try to make it two, but have been firm on the one glass so far this past week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Then comes that awkward moment when you have to stop in your tracks and act on the new habit you wish to develop.... This morning I drank water as my coffee ran through the Keurig machine. I suppose 6 ounces of water is worlds better than my usual zero. It's bizarre how ingrained habits become and just how hard it is to do things in a different order.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Little story here and maybe some food for thought.
    A couple years ago I went in for a blood test. She stuck me and the blood just wasn't moving. She asked me if I'd drank water that morning and I said no. She said why to which I replied I didn't know I was supposed to...that I never had. She said so THAT'S why we have so much trouble getting your blood. That she couldn't believe no one had ever told me to drink a glass before coming in early because after no water/liquid all night the blood thickens. Drinking a glass about an hour before getting the test thins it out so it'll flow like it should.
    She sat me in the waiting room with a big glass of water and had me wait about half hour to 45 minutes then took me back in and had absolutely no trouble at all. It flowed freely. She said I should always drink it first thing in the morning. In all my years no one had ever told me to drink water in the morning to get the blood flowing well for the day.

After that I was reading some health site and it said the same thing along with to always drink a glass sometime before bed. That it would help with lowering the odds somewhat for stoke or heart attack. Does it? I don't know but after seeing what I saw and went thru that day I have to say I believe it. I try to remember to drink SOME before bed every night.

Anyway, just something for you all doing this challenge to think about or read up on. It sure can't hurt
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko that's very true! I also work in a hospital, and draw blood sometimes. If I ever have trouble getting someone, the first thing I ask is have you drank any water today? More times then not, I get no. It makes getting blood very hard because you're dehydrated. Your blood is over half "water" or plasma, and it's important to maintain that.

I wouldn't put it past reducing risk of stroke or heart issues by drinking more water. Anytime blood is allowed to "thicken" it's harder for the heart to pump, and any pooling of blood can start the clotting process. I don't know what research says however.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sally I agree with you about habits. I'm also drinking a glass of water as the Keurig is brewing (good idea).
    This has given me food for thought about the medical (heart/stroke) aspects of it too. All you ever hear is just that you should drink more water, not any concrete reasons for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Day two of baby step one. I'm determined to finish half my 24 ounce water bottle before I press the brew button on the Keurig. Having coffee brewed so quickly is not helping my efforts to get some water into me before drinking caffeinated beverages. I'm just glad I got past day one.

In regards to the blood flow thing: years ago I had to go into the hospital for pre-surgical blood work. The gal who I spoke with when I set the appointment told me very clearly not to have anything the eat the morning of nor anything to drink. I double checked on having anything to drink. She affirmed that I was not to do so. When I got to the hospital for the blood work, it was clear that she was giving me the surgical instructions rather than the blood work instructions. It was a nightmare for them to get enough blood to do the testing.

Yep, my blood needs water.

Check off day two of baby step one. I drank 2/3 of my water bottle. Now it's time for coffee.

Good luck on your water drinking today!

Kind regards,

Sally

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another thought on the medical. Blood carries oxygen to the brain ( and other parts of the body of course ) so if the blood isn't flowing well it isn't carrying oxygen to the brain...or elsewhere. Stoke??? Not a nurse here but to me it makes sense. Also harder for the heart to pump....heart attack??? The articles I read were very interesting.

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You can count the water in other drinks like coffee and juices. Just watch the sugar as it reverses the good your doing.
    Since becoming diabetic I have been much more aware of dehydration and the headaches it brings. Also being dehydrated affects mood and higher brain function making you crabby and constipated (which also make you crabby!).
    I drink about 3 16.9 oz. bottles of water a day regular. So about 50 oz. And then some in pop and some juice but i want more consistency.
    IF WATER is super dull to you put a splash of juice in it or tea. I just feel so much more relaxed when I have more. If you drink water before a meal you wont eat as much. And seeing being dehydrated makes your brain think its hungry,that"s a good idea. I was part of the last challenge and want in again please.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm already doing better with my water drinking since signing up for this challenge.

One thing I've found----I take morning meds and bedtime meds, and I make sure to drink a FULL glass of water each time instead of just a swallow or two. That's 2 glasses a day just by doing that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    Another thought on the medical. Blood carries oxygen to the brain ( and other parts of the body of course ) so if the blood isn't flowing well it isn't carrying oxygen to the brain...or elsewhere. Stoke??? Not a nurse here but to me it makes sense. Also harder for the heart to pump....heart attack??? The articles I read were very interesting.
    Interesting. I had a clearer head this morning after guzzling my water.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm joining! My preferred liquid of choice has been diet coke for years, I've detoxed from it for short periods of time over the years but somehow get back to it. I'll also use this challenge to once again detox from the diet coke (I will not go cold turkey as I feel like I'm having a brain aneurysm when I've tried in the past.) I'm looking forward to the positive changes in my health that a hydrated body will bring! Thanks Niko for the challenge!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast