50 days left in 2015 - Do you have a goal you want to meet by the end of the year? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm exercising a little more, and drinking a bit more water, but not doing so well with eating...but I can and I will.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

43 days to meet your 2015 goals.
    As for my detox from diet coke, I'm doing remarkably better than I thought with this. Keeping water on my med cart all shift and sipped on it throughout the day.
    Ran out of fresh fruit. 12 grain bread with peanut butter, sunflower kernels, taste of pure maple syrup and pure honey. That natural sweetness got me from 5;30 A.M til now. I forgot to bring lunch and the option at work was very bad for my blood cholesterol so I skipped lunch. It was country fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, a sugary dessert, and some kind of high fat vegetable mixture. Now I am hungry. Not sure if dh has something in mind for supper. Will wait til he returns from the dentist and figure out something. Would love a healthy smoothie, need to get some frozen fruit in the house like blueberries, mango, any berry sounds good actually.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I fell off the wagon with my made-up on my own Brain Rehab to try to slow down the loss of short term memory, comprehension losses, etc.

So now everyday, no matter what, 1 hr reading a "difficult" book and this sounds stupid, but 1 hr a day watching a complicated tv show, both things I gave up on again.

Brain Rehab should be fun, I always read two to three books a week my entire adult life, now one is taking me a month again. Was into independent film and Netflix documentaries. But it's not fun because I realize what I've lost and it's hard, not entertaining.

back in the saddle- read an hour and am going to keep going for a little bit

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice- how about word searches or puzzles. It is something you could pick up and do for a few minutes than return to it later. I've read they each work on a different part of your brain. Or keep a dictionary sitting around and try to learn one new word a day.

As for me, I had grilled chicken wrap with tomato and lettuce for supper. Cup of cranberry juice. Bought some small dark chocolate York peppermint patties. My thought is that I could treat myself to one a night if I follow a healthy diet. I put them in the freezer so I can suck on them and they will last longer. I also bought some frozen berries. They were on sale. I was going to make a smoothie with them but I would use them up on one drink. Instead I will add them to my oatmeal through the week. I might just have some oatmeal now before bed as I am still hungry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

thanks, good idea

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

42 days to meet your 2015 goals. - need to look through my 20 wishes list and see what other goals I could try to meet by the end of the year.
    No soda for me again today. Water at my side to sip on all day. I think I can say I've detoxed from the artificial sweeteners in the diet coke, and caffeine not an issue anymore either.
    Ate healthy so far:
    oatmeal with ground flax, cinnamon, maple syrup, and a few berries for breakfast.
    grilled chicken with lettuce and tomato for lunch, with a side of asparagus (disliked every swallow of asparagus but know it is good for me)
    pureed rest of the frozen berries with some honey-- I think I will make a piece of French toast from whole wheat bread and pour it over it.
    Last edited by KimB; 11-19-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by KimB View Post
    42 days to meet your 2015 goals. - need to look through my 20 wishes list and see what other goals I could try to meet by the end of the year.
    No soda for me again today. Water at my side to sip on all day. I think I can say I've detoxed from the artificial sweeteners in the diet coke, and caffeine not an issue anymore either.
    Ate healthy so far:
    oatmeal with ground flax, cinnamon, maple syrup, and a few berries for breakfast.
    grilled chicken with lettuce and tomato for lunch, with a side of asparagus (disliked every swallow of asparagus but know it is good for me)
    pureed rest of the frozen berries with some honey-- I think I will make a piece of French toast from whole wheat bread and pour it over it.
    The puree of frozen berries is also good stirred into plain yogurt.

or put in a Popsicle mold for Popsicles in the warmer months

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the ideas Imagine. I will try them both!
    Just ate a couple potatoes from the crock pot. DH made Salisbury steak and the potatoes were so good. Probably because I love all versions of potatoes and have not had them for awhile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did OK with my heath goals,
    2 eggs for breakfast, no time for lunch today. General tso chicken and vegetable fried rice (AKA Panda Garden) for supper. Not completely healthy but it DID have chicken, mushrooms, onions, carrots, rice as its base.
    Not enough water intake yet today. No soda intake today, but I really would love one right now. None in the house and I'm not going out so no chance of falling off the wagon tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was reading this Swedish mystery author I once liked, it's obviously translated but the names are not and they are long and hard to remember. It's a long book, I got 60% of the way through and said enough, I don't care that I once liked this author, this book is so boring, my hour of reading feels like a day. I never used to not finish a book, well, i did this one and moved on to something else and the hour flew by today. Maybe the Swedish mystery was not a brain issue, maybe it was just a crappy storyline. Back on track.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Health challenge? Not so much. I have an ongoing auto-immune issue I'm dealing with and need to figure out but I'm putting it off to the new year.

Otherwise, my biggest goal over November and December is to finish my novel. I'm participating in Nanowrimo this year and it's going so well it's scary. I decided to use the Snowflake method to plan my story in October, also establishing a two hour time block every weekday morning to write as a habit(not on this story but various other things). Now I'm almost to the word count to "win" in November(50K words)! Of course, the novel will be more like 80-100K words completed so the writing will go into December. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

40 days to meet your 2015 goals!
    I had cup of OJ, few swallows of sprite, and water to drink today.
    Chili with several types of beans in it for supper at parents.
    Overall ate too much today. Diced cantaloupe was good choice, otherwise poor choices for me today. I can feel the difference in my energy levels.
    Tomorrow will be better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

39 days to meet your 2015 goals!
    Potato soup for lunch- made it with organic chicken sausage I got on sale instead of bacon. Low fat cheese.
    No soda. Am drinking a glass of apple juice which I was happy to see is naturally sweetened with stevia. Old Orchard brand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

compliant so far!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

37 days to meet your 2015 goals!
    I've overcome my daily diet coke habit! I've been staying away from soda of any kind.
    My daily water intake is 95% better as I was not drinking any water most days prior to this challenge. Now I'm drinking water any time I'm thirsty which is often throughout the day. I drink a glass of water when I wake to use the restroom or when I need to let the dog out. It is all about getting in a habit. This is day 13. Some sources say it takes 21 days to develop a daily habit other research says up to 66 days. Journaling my progress each day is helping me stick to my goals. I recommend it to anyone reading this who has a bad habit that they want to replace with a good habit.
    My nutritional choices have greatly improved. I don't eat the junk foods and baked goods brought to the breakroom. I stopped eating the unhealthy meals at work, if a healthy fruit or vegetable is on the menu I will ask for a serving of just that.
    Last 2 days I didn't bring lunch with me to work and too busy to eat anyway, don't recommend this as I am overly hungry when I get home and eat larger portions than I need.
    I do however crave ice cream and have a serving occasionally. I need to get nonfat frozen yogurt and puree it with some fruit as a alternate frozen treat.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast