50 days left in 2015 - Do you have a goal you want to meet by the end of the year? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm doing lots better with water drinking. And this week I'm counting running up and down the stairs doing laundry, cleaning, etc., as my exercise. Plus I got on the scale this morning and had dropped the 3 pounds! Woo Hoo! Now if I can just keep going with it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

36 days to meet your 2015 goals!
    I did OK today. Missed lunch again, so darn busy at work. Oatmeal, cinnamon, maple syrup for breakfast. Red potatoes for supper so far ( only thing ready for me in the crock pot). Water intake good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

35 days to meet your 2015 goals!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
    First thanksgiving off in many years. Travel safe all Midwesterners , sounds like the roads will be wet and slippery!
    Tried to add another healthy ingredient to my pancakes this a.m. I made oatmeal then added it to the pancake batter made with ground flax seed, cinnamon. Tasted OK but I had too much oatmeal in it. Will try a healthy oatmeal muffin next time.
    Plan to limit my portion size today for dinner and choose the healthier items on the menu, no gravy, no green beans if they are in a casserole, only a taste of stuffing as I am not a fan of SIL's recipe. A slice of pumpkin pie without whipped cream. No second helpings. Water to drink.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

have not done my reading but read a lot yesterday

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Made a smoothie from fat free frozen vanilla yogurt, almond milk and frozen blueberries. Very good.
    Researched some of my food choices today: A few things I learned.
    1) Almond milk- It doesn't require refridgeration?? This struck me as odd. Less calories than even skim milk. Contains no saturated fat and high in healthy fats such as omega fatty acids. Also has 50% of recommended Vitamin E.
    2)blueberries- Works just as well as cranberries to decrease risk of UTI's by preventing bacteria from sticking to the bladder wall. Also a study was done and elderly who drank blueberry juice daily did better on memory tests.
    3)turkey- the breast meat has less fat and calories, but the dark meat typically has more vitamins and minerals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

34 days left in 2015 to meet your goals.
    Peanut butter and jelly for breakfast, but only had a few bites because I was in a hurry and left it at home.
    piece of left over pumpkin pie at work for my 5 minute break.
    cheese ravioli and a raspberry, almond milk, nonfat frozen yogurt smoothie for supper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

KimB: I keep my almond milk in the fridge anyway. You're doing great...all of you! I think I'll put in my 3 goals till the end of the year. I have a lot on my plate right now. It's a busy time of year. So...

1) Find something to do to de-stress every day. I'm open to suggestions. Only caveat is it must be free to do.
    2) Eat healthy. I'm not so much on a lose weight kick, though that would be nice. But mostly I'm interested in controlling my sugars and carbs this time of year.
    3) Get my business books done up and to the accountant by year end.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didn't read yesterday or today, and it's 10:30 pm. Yikes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today's achievements.

1) Had a nap to de-stress from a headache...after taking a pill. Engaged in retail therapy today. Shopping for Christmas with DH. Today we picked up gift cards for people. We chatted about Christmas and making it low stress for me by simplifying decorating. I hate to do that, as decorating for Christmas is one thing I love to do. But the house is in such a state we really don't have room for decorations and the large tree. I suggested to DH we just put up the small tree. He agreed. Now I just have to figure out where to put it.

2) So far I've had 3 carbs today and 2 squares of DH's chocolate bar for sweets. Trying to figure out what to have for dessert. I was going to bake cookies, but on second thought that's not a great idea. I think I'll make a fruit salad instead.

3) Filed all my business receipts I have printed out. Next up is to match the line entries in my business books with the receipts and make sure everything is up to date and double checked. I'll have to print out some receipts. That's a job for some day when DH is at work. He hates me wasting paper and ink printing off receipts. But CRA will want to see them if they ever do an audit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

33 days to meet your 2015 goals!
    staying away from sodas. Drinking more water.
    Bad day for food choices. Tomorrow will be better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

32 days to meet your 2015 goals.
    for me I will be drinking lots of water til tomorrow after ultrasound. Fasting til after exam at 0930 except for water.
    Had oatmeal, cinnamon, almond milk and a splash of real milk for breakfast. oh and a spoon of chocolate slimfast powder. It needed some sweetness and didn't have any stevia, the slimfast has been sitting in the cupboard getting old. Decided the vitamins in it were good for me. Adding it certainly defeated the purpose of it, lol. Yogurt with blueberries for lunch and a small smoothie the cook made me with banana, blueberries. When I got home from work had a few left over cheese raviolis and NPO since.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1) My de-stress thing today was to sleep in till 10 AM!!! I rarely do that. Also playing online.

2) Food today was very healthy: B = egg and one slice toast with low sugar jam, L = salmon chowder, S = healthy beef stroganoff on tri-color quinoa.

3) Nothing on the business today. It's my day off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow, December tomorrow. Only 31 days left to meet your 2015 goals.
    No more excuses, now is as good a time as any to make the changes you know are needed.
    As for me was NPO from 4:30 p.m yesterday to 1030 am today. Then had grilled chicken with lettuce and tomato sandwich, a few pretzel sticks for snack. Left over potato ( should have steamed some broccoli) and frozen nonfat yogurt tonight. Poor hubby was on clear liquids all day for colonoscopy prep.
    Need to get more water intake in tonight while watching The Voice. Oh, I also had a homemade caramel given to me by coworker earlier this week - very good!
    Noted today I've lost 9 # in 19 days with better food choices and drinking water instead of diet coke.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1) my de-stress today was to play hooky and go to a friend's place to work on sewing for charity. We had a blast!

2) Food today was okay, but not as healthy as it could be.
    B = GF cereal, wild blueberries, and almond milk.
    L = salmon chowder, rice crackers, and cheddar cheese (which gave me a bad reaction. ) .
    Snack this afternoon = GF chocolate chip cookies (should have left them alone).
    S = hm GF pizza.

3) I worked on cleaning up and re-arranging my studio today. Not finished, but a good start.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

caught up on all the days of reading I skipped, frustrated at how long it takes me to finish a book but finally finished one today. I must've been an incredibly fast reader and didn't know it because putting in the same amount of time approximately is resulting in me taking weeks to finish one book where before this brain blip, it took me a few days. It doesn't seem to be getting any faster with practice but at least it does not feel like an onerous chore as much and I am remembering more of the plot, less re-reading. Slow, I guess this is going to be slow going.

I have not worked up to a full length movie because I really do not want to know if I can't keep a 2 hr movie straight in my head. down the road

KimB, are you a nurse? I assume by NPO, lol. I was a nurse.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast