2016 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
Page 1 of 32 123411 ... LastLast
    QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2016 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge

Want to join others on the road to better health? Well, then is is one of the challenges for you! The goal is to focus on losing a lb at a time. You don't have to lose a lb a week to join this thread. You could lose a lb a week every few days or every couple weeks. Whatever! Just join in and start keeping yourself accountable.

Let's do it, people!

If you fall off the bandwagon, that's no excuse not to jump back on! It doesn't matter what time of the year you start, what you weigh to begin with or how many times you have started the journey then stopped.

We are here to support and encourage each other. Don't give up regardless of how hard it is! Push yourself, talk positively to yourself AND tell yourself that it CAN and WILL be done!

And feel free to use this thread to post what you eat (if you want to!) to stay accountable.

Put ALL EXCUSES ASIDE and remember this:
    YOU ARE CAPABLE!
    Last edited by QM; 12-27-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

Put ALL EXCUSES ASIDE and remember this:
    YOU ARE CAPABLE!

2016 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    Started at 139.8 lbs on Monday, May 9th
    1st goal will be 135 lbs - reached 135.8 lbs goal on Fri, May 13th!
    2nd goal will be 133 lbs - reached 133.8 lbs on Fri, May 20th!
    Reached 132.6 lbs on June 1st!
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs - reached 130.8 lbs on Thurs, July 7th!
    4th goal will be 129 lbs
    5th goal will be 127 lbs
    6th goal will be 125 lbs

Personal ~ as of March 12, 2016
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $36,303.13 (3 years, 1 months left)
    Pay off My Line of Credit ~ Van
    PAID OFF IN FULL!!
    Pay off my Line of Credit ~ General
    $26,058.14

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be here QM!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry QM. I started this one again too. My apology.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am in!!!

For those who lurk here and wonder can this really help coming to this thread to lose weight, the answer is YES!!

Every time I stay loyal to this thread I lose weight! I get encouragement and give it too. And it works!
    As soon as I start to ignore this thread and for get about it those dam pounds start to pile on.
    I lost 40 pounds being on this thread, but stopped coming here and put 25 back on!

I am here again for the long haul to get back down, I felt GREAT when my weight was down, and better yet coming here is FREE, no pills, no clubs, just good people helping and encouraging one another day by day!
    This thread made me happy! By helping me lose the weight and in turn I made my husband happy ;o)
    So thank you ladies in the past for all your help. it's time to do it again!!!

Day 1 is down and I DID GREAT watching what I ate, and drank more water then I have in months!!

So please join in and let's do this together!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I plan on being here. Not sure what my plan is though.

This year through Hubby's work. there are a few incentives (punishments) for health. for employees and their spouses.

They have given us access to a health and wellness educator.
    everyone can go,

If you miss one prime health indicator you have to go visit them once and track your progress on the individual plan they made up for you for 4 month Then turn it in to the wellness instructor if you do not you have to pay $100 more a month for health insurance.

If you miss more than one prime health indicator you have to visit the wellness educator, make a plan, track it and go visit them for half and hour ( of your own time) every two weeks for 4 months. or you have to pay $100 more each month for health insurance.

They also have another incentive (completely voluntary) you get a free activity tracker. you earn points for certain walking activities you complete. ( not sure what the points get you yet)

three ways
    1) walk at least 300 steps in 5 mins at least 6 times during the day ( at least an hour a part)
    2) walk at least 3,000 steps in 30 mins once during the day
    3) walk at least 10,000 steps during the day

I am trying to figure out how to make these work during the work day. especially during the very busy (overtime normal) tax season.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure how often I will post but I do need to maintain my recent 10# weight loss and stick with foods that fuel my body instead of making me feel sluggish. I need to do some core strengthening exercising to help prevent back strain, improve my posture, and tighten my abs, I need to stay strong for my nursing job requirements.
    Good luck to all of you, and thanks for the invite to join your challenge QM!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have lost 20 pounds (10 in 2014, 10 in 2015)
    I have a long way to go, but my goal is 1 pound per month.
    Any thing after is gravy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I lost 10 pounds in 2015 (starting in September). I'm not really following any diet. Instead I am just being more mindful of what I eat and adding in more exercise. I'd like to join this challenge with the intent of losing 30 pounds minimum this year. I want to keep the pressure off. That seems to be helping me. I'll try to check in daily.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in! I've tried before and failed myself many times! Time to put the big girl panties on and get busy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am on my way! Saying good bye to 2015 and hello 2016!

Have been eating better the last few days and going to get back on the exercise track TODAY! In the past I enjoyed the Leslie Sansone? dvd's for a 30-45 min work out. So going to start those again.

Was at 157.2 Sunday and now 154.2 I wish all the pounds came off that easy, but those first 5 do.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's officially 2016!!

Let's do this together!! Starting at an even 151 this morning....

B-poached egg on toast, cottage cheese, 1/2 grape fruit.....total 225 calories

L-4 oz milk, orange, 2 C cabbage salad............390 calories

D-(will be) Apple, carrot sticks, 1/2 peanut butter jelly sandwhich ( taking that to work) 435 calories

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll join you guys. My yearly bloodwork looked great but I know I'm out of shape (every time I do something more physical than average for me, I get super sore the next two days). I have a new grand baby on the way, so I want to be able to keep up with all of them for years to come, so I'm joining in with you guys for the accountability. Onward! It's a brand new year full of promise!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I forgot to weigh myself this morning and I didn't charge my fitbit last night. I also have some leftover Christmas treats that I want to eat. I will begin tomorrow. Hopefully the gym won't be too crazy. I've been going 3-5 days per week since September with a break the past couple of weeks. I'm thinking it's going to be a little rough going tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy New Year - Count me in on this challenge. I have a long way to go but for the present I have a good positive outlook. Last year I joined TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) during 2015 and lost almost 10lbs. I am setting a starting goal of 8lbs a month. I think that is doable.

I am just thinking before I eat and trying to make better choices. I need to keep to a lower carb plan and no sweets.

I am looking forward to hearing how everyone else tackles weight loss and watching as we all get smaller in 2016.

I am starting a food journal today and if I bite it I will write it.

Good luck to everyone restarting or starting today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to join in. I need to lose 45 pounds. Feeling really annoyed that I let this happen. I lost weight several years ago & did not keep it off. Went out for a chilly walk today, but it didn't amount to much distance. Will "find " the treadmill in the next week or so. Getting my food plan ready to start Monday.

Good luck to all.

Page 1 of 32 123411 ... LastLast