2016 Self Image Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice and frugalwarrior, I am sorry your have having a rough time of it.

I am going to toss out a suggestion I found helpful, which is called mini habits. Basically it is baby steps. And it works even when you are really low and think you are not capable of anything. Decide to spend a minute each day doing something to get better. If you want to keep going longer than a minute, that is okay. But you do not have to. The key is that you do it every day, because even on your worst day you should be able to make the effort for a minute. If a minute is too much for you, it can work with less than a minute. The key is that you do something every day. Like say pick up a 2 pound dumbbell and put it down, and thats it. That would count.

Even though the steps are small it starts the process of habits. And the habit gets easier and eventually becomes automatic. Once it becomes automatic, it And it changes how you think about yourself. I have come to think of myself as a person who exercises every day. As a person who does something everyday to improve herself. The next step for me is to start to see myself as someone who creates art everyday.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

today I had to take my Dmom shopping for a dress for my brother's wedding. Getting dressed nicely, doing my hair and make up made me feel better. I think I need to push myself out of the house more but it's a bit difficult as I am not cleared to drive or really walk around a store as big as Macy's. I am cleared for a recumbent bike, but have yet to get my butt onto it. I think making that a habit, even if I only do ten minutes 3x a wk as cardiologist instructed, I will feel better about myself as you say, Kathy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12