2018 Lose-A-Pound-A Week Challenge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here it is! 2018 is almost here! No better time than the present to jump on the bandwagon.

Join me in this journey. Let's focus on our health. There are no rules to this group really....you don't have to lose a pound a week. That's just a reasonable goal if you work hard at it.

Like I used to faithfully do in the past, I haven't counted calories and am not 12 lbs higher than I'd like. I felt great at my goal weight in 2009, and I plan to get their again. I know that it takes a lot of focus and determination and doesnt happen overnight. I plan to come to this thread to keep myself accountable. I know that this *can* be done. I've just got to push myself to do it.

Can't wait to shed my pounds for short weather coming in a few months. Will also be nice for my clothing to stop fitting as snug as they do.

Feel free to introduce yourself. And join in and chat whenever you want to.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I slept in until 9:45 this morning and weighed myself when I got up. Starting weight for this journey to better health is 142.2.

Breakfast was 2 eggs (140 calories), on a slice of toast (75 calories) with a cheese slice (60 calories) and hot sauce (10 calories). Plus the butter for grease which I didn't measure (let's say 50 calories). Plus a mug of black coffee (2 calories).

Now at 337 calories.

I'm now going to turn off my phone and focus on the house and tidying it. Closer to lunch I'll make a nice salad and eat it around 2. To space out the meals like a "normal" day.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Between now and 2 or 2:30, my goal is to drink 2 large glasses of water. Haven't had any water yet today and am still sipping on black coffee.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shockingly, I didn't do too terrible for what I ate today. Lunch was a large veggie and turkey salad with oil and vinegar salad. Supper was some rice crackers with hummus and DD2's leftover chicken and corn from supper. My evening snack (not that I needed one) was a Caesar alcoholic beverage.

Hopefully I'll see a bit of a loss in the morning.

Baby steps. I know this is a long journey...but one worth taking.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

139.8 this morning. First day of trying and I went down 2.4 lbs. This is normal for my first day of getting on the bandwagon. Soon enough I'll be creeping down ounce by ounce each day. lol It's a long journey but one worth taking. I've got to focus on what my body will feel like when these 12 lbs are gone and I'm at my goal.

Slept in until 8:30. Sipped one mug of coffee (2 calories), just ate 2 eggs (140 calories) and am about to drink another mug of coffee (2 calories).
    = 144 calories

I plan to have a veggie salad for lunch. Undecided as to what protein I'll add to it.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't do too well yesterday from afternoon on. This morning's weight was 140.8. NOT going to let this make me sink.

Today breakfast was 2 eggs on a slice of toast with a cheese slice and hot sauce. And black coffee.

Eating lunch now...veggie salad with oil and vinegar salad dressing and goat's cheese on the top.

Plan to have no afternoon snack other than a couple dill pickles and lots of water.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Between January and June of 2017, I lost twenty pounds. Between June and December of 2017, I gained twenty pounds.
    So, My goal for this year is to get rid of twenty-five and keep them gone.

My elliptical died last June and we bought an elliptical to replace it. However, I hated the elliptical, and thus never exercised. Last month, we sold the elliptical on Craigslist and bought a new treadmill. So, I am ready to go!

Started the Couch to 5K program which should help!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10
    Grocery Budget Challenge: $749.08/$800.00

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't do too well for the remainder of the day. Had a roast beef supper with potatoes and corn. Plus I had a couple good sized smallish glasses of Baileys. LOTS of calories consumed I am sure.

Can't do anything about the past mistakes. Will journey on and drink water for the remainder of the evening.

Baby steps.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm not concerned about my food too much right now. I need calories to stay warm. Just trying to avoid the sweets and treats. I had ONE christmas cookie today, and they are going to last a long time. We did not buy any candy and I'm not making any pies or desserts. I can't have liquor with the meds I'm on, but I may have some wine at New Year's and skip a dose. Egg nog will become a thing of the past at the end of this week. Since I can't walk or drive I won't be able to scoop up any sale candy either.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday was, quite possibly, one of the worst eating days I've ever had, however, it was a holiday spent with extended family, and so I am just letting it go.

Today, we are hitting the movies and lunch will be popcorn, and DD is having a bunch of kids over tonight for pizza, so I'm gonna let that go, too.

Of course, too much "letting it go" is how I got in this mess to begin with, but I already knew these things were coming and had set tomorrow as my "get it together" date.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10
    Grocery Budget Challenge: $749.08/$800.00

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Meal prep: Five mediterranean lunches:

How to Prep A Week Of Mediterranean Lunches - EatingWell

Warning, video auto-plays at full volume.

Sharing this to give people ideas. Cook some quinoa and vegetables and mix it up each day. Looks repetitive to me, but maybe not to other folks. You could do brown rice, and use whatever leftover meat you have, not just chicken.

Generally I like the EatingWell site for healthy recipes and tips.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

142.4 this morning. Didn't eat too poorly today, so we'll see what the scale says tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi!

I've been doing keto since Thanksgiving weekend. Today i weighed and am below 200 for the first time in a few years. Yeah!

I did cheat slightly today and have 2 slices of sprouted bread in a sandwich for supper. I've also had more fruit the last couple of days but we're fighting colds and i wanted the extra C. But lunch was homemade cream of broccoli soup with coconut milk for the creamy part. Breakfast was bacon and eggs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Haven't seen much activity here. How is everyone doing?

My goal this year is to gain back my strength and stamina, by August. I think I can do it by July, but there could be a couple bad weeks I don't get to the gym. I lost ~8 lbs of muscle and need to get back to a healthy weight. I need to incorporate more protein and healthy fats into my diet.

Going back to the gym this morning to get a 1 year pass and take my first exercise class!

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's been another month. How are folks doing with their goals? I'm getting strength and stamina back. I just got back from exercise class, and I'm going to go out and dig some weeds out of the garden while the weather is nice.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast