2020 Health, fitness, and self-improvement challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered User MakeADollarHollar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

@ dl - that's a lot of upper body and probably a great workout!

I got in a 30 minute walk today. We got a new puppy last month and she's really tiny so we got her a doggie stroller so we can walk and take her with us. Plopped her in and off we went.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a little perturbed to learn recently my younger sister is now insulin-dependent diabetic. She has gained weight over time. Last time I saw her was over a year ago, so not sure what she looks like today. My mom and her sisters were/are all adult-onset diabetic. So far I am not although my fasting blood glucose can run high, my A1C numbers are OK. Need to re-start exercise program. I just read this article https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/39/11/2065
    showing benefits of "unstructured physical activity". They recommend interrupting sitting activities every 30 minutes for this type of activity, even briefly 3-15 minutes. Like household tasks. Especially after meals. So will incorporate this advice since it seems pretty easy.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your sister. Sometimes even those on insulin can turn it around with diet changes.

DH and I took a brisk walk Friday, with a slightly longer route. It let us know how out of shape we've gotten over the summer. It is just to hot, even at sunset, to go walking. It's been significantly cooler the past couple days and I want to get out this evening. My plan is to go back to the gym Tuesday. Yoga is not being offered, but I might be able to get into another type of class, or at least use the walking track in an air conditioned environment.

I hop you have good luck with your new exercise program.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ordered 2 pairs new sneakers for under $100. I like New Balance. Last fall I bought Fila brand and they did not hold up well. Starting in SLOWLY with the weight exercises. Need to remember to take vitamin daily.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello there!
    I completely lost my motivation to do at least something. But I decided to do some home exercises at least at home. Does somebody know good fitness bloggers?
    Last time I used a Chloe Ting's videos on Youtube. And also I think I will start running at least 20-30 min in the morning. But without any diet for now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck, I LOVE step aerobics and think I have found a series to try. I have a step at home, also old exercise bike and old regular 12-speed Peugeot bicycle. Doesn't sound like you are looking for cardio if you are going to run. Do you have any weights at home? The stretchy bands are great since they don't take space to store and you can learn a variety of ways to use them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dlrcpa View Post
    Good luck, I LOVE step aerobics and think I have found a series to try. I have a step at home, also old exercise bike and old regular 12-speed Peugeot bicycle. Doesn't sound like you are looking for cardio if you are going to run. Do you have any weights at home? The stretchy bands are great since they don't take space to store and you can learn a variety of ways to use them.
    I want actually to combine. As I heard it's nice to do different exercises. But I will see if I can do it. Hmm, stretchy bands sound nice. I think I will order some. I think it's best to choose the light one for the beginner

Have you used any hand weights?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have 5 lbs and 1 lb. Ex bands usually come in sets. You probably want more resistance for legs and less for arms. There are plenty of body weight exercises you can do with no equipment. Just search "body weight exercises".
    The step videos I found are on a youtube channel called "Fit outside the box". She has posted quite a few, will try one tomorrow I think.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have been working with dumbbells. I am currently doing the 10 pound weight.

I am also doing the body weight exercise called the plank. I am up to 25 seconds. It is pretty hard. I am gradually increasing my time.

I am working toward being able to do regular push ups by doing table push ups. So my mid range goal is regular push ups. I am thinking I can get to that in a few months.

I do some leg exercises too.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dlrcpa View Post
    I have 5 lbs and 1 lb. Ex bands usually come in sets. You probably want more resistance for legs and less for arms. There are plenty of body weight exercises you can do with no equipment. Just search "body weight exercises".
    The step videos I found are on a youtube channel called "Fit outside the box". She has posted quite a few, will try one tomorrow I think.
    Will check her channel. Thank you very much. Wish you good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

These days is much colder so I continue to run for 30min each morning. Sometimes I start at 5:30 am or 6 am. But sometimes I'm lazy to wake up so early.
    I was thinking about gym. But the last time I went there, honestly don't like atmosphere at all. So I'm planning to continue to have an exercise routine and running. Also I'm planning to quit eating sweet products.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cold mornings sound so nice right now! Here, in California, it has been in the 90's (F) for weeks. I am happy if it is below 70F in the morning! Very much looking forward to fall weather. Right now, I try to go for my walk every day, but it takes about 90 minutes, and if I start any time after 9a, I am guaranteed to be hot and miserable.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finally got all of my cholesterol levels in normal range. The HDL, LDL (toughest one for me), triglycerides, total cholesterol.... Now, I have to maintain it so I don't hear about statins ever again! They keep ordering statins for me and get on my back about it... ugh.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234