Easy Dinners

Thread: Easy Dinners

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Easy Dinners

My kids love those frozen Cheese filled pastas, but I can never be satisfied with a correct portion size. So while I make it for them with regular spaghetti sauce I also make sure to have the side dish be broccoli, I have a large bowl of the broccoli with 2-3 of the cheese tortellinis and some spaghetti sauce. I cut up the pasta so that the sauces, cheese, pasta and broccoli all mix together. It is very filling and gets you eating your veggies.

I would love to hear about other peoples easy dinner ideas. (not a crock pot cooker myself)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sloppy joes (which I stretch with adding shredded cabbage to it, you can not even taste it), veggie sticks, lemonade.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My idea of easy is grilling. I'll just take a steak or chicken breast out of the freezer and throw it on the grill. It's quick and there's no clean up. I'll serve a microwaved baked potato and frozen veggie with the grilled meat.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My favorite quick meal (especially in the summer) is large individual entree salads. I am blessed with a dh who loves salad. I always keep salad greens in the fridge and add whatever I have on hand. Sometimes I add meat -- our favorites are shredded leftover chicken, salmon filets broiled and flaked, even thin sliced roast or leftover steak. Other times I load it up with veggies, sprouts, nuts or dried fruit. I don't usually keep cheese on hand, but sometimes I will buy feta for our favorite which is spring mix, cranberries, walnuts and feta cheese -- sometimes I add a little chicken, but it's good without.

Most of the time dressing around here is a splash of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and a splash of balsamic vinegar -- directly on the salad -- but I do sometimes make my own.