Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Chicken Oriental
02-26-2008, 07:18 AM #1
With no added salt and very little oil in the marinade, these broiled or grilled kabobs made with skinless chicken breasts are lower in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
8 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
8 fresh mushrooms
black pepper to taste
8 whole white onions, parboiled
2 oranges, quartered
8 canned pineapple chunks
8 cherry tomatoes
1 can (6 oz) frozen, concentrated apple juice, thawed
1 cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp soy sauce, low-sodium
dash ground ginger
2 Tbsp vinegar
¼ cup vegetable oil
1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper.
2. Thread eight skewers as follows: chicken, mushroom, chicken, onion, chicken, orange quarter, chicken, pineapple chunk, cherry tomato.
3. Place kabobs into shallow pan.
4. Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over kabobs. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
5. Drain. Broil 6 inches from heat, 15 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade every 5 minutes. Discard any leftover marinade.
By mandimade in forum Kitchen ClonesReplies: 8Last Post: 02-22-2011, 11:21 PM
By Durgan in forum Homesteading and gardeningReplies: 0Last Post: 10-03-2009, 08:11 PM
By Patty A in forum Discount StoresReplies: 3Last Post: 11-09-2008, 10:17 AM
By Sinclairwife in forum Kitchen BasicsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-14-2004, 09:16 AM
By Ellise in forum Kitchen ClonesReplies: 4Last Post: 03-26-2003, 11:07 AM