Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Frosted Cake
02-26-2008, 07:30 AM #1
Use fat-free milk and low-fat cream cheese to lower the saturated fat and calories in this special-occasion cake.
2¼ cups cake flour
2¼ tsp baking powder
4 Tbsp soft (tub) margarine
1¼ cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp orange peel
¾ cup milk, fat-free
Icing:3 oz cream cheese, low-fat
2 Tbsp milk, fat-free
6 Tbsp cocoa
2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2. Grease with small amount of cooking oil or use non-stick cooking oil spray on a 10-inch round pan (at least 2½ inches high). Powder pan with flour. Tap out excess flour.
3. Sift together flour and baking powder.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until soft and creamy. 5. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and orange peel.
6. Gradually add the flour mixture alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with flour.
7. Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until done. Let cake cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool completely before icing.
1. Cream together cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add cocoa. Blend well.
2. Slowly add sugar until icing is smooth. Mix in vanilla.
3. Smooth icing over top and sides of cooled cake.
By lisettelovebug in forum FreebiesReplies: 5Last Post: 07-17-2008, 07:32 PM
By MomToTwoBoys in forum Cookies and barsReplies: 3Last Post: 07-02-2008, 10:30 AM
By foxxyroxie in forum BananasReplies: 15Last Post: 07-14-2006, 08:18 PM
By miss_thrifty in forum CandlemakingReplies: 0Last Post: 05-17-2006, 05:37 PM
By Sara Noel in forum Kitchen BasicsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-18-2004, 02:02 PM